• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can You Get Copped In Sl For Having A Radar Detector?

Az

Question

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What does that mean?

I am sorry. Should be illegal. I asked one of police officer about this gadget sometime back and he said that since it is obstructing the duty of traffic corp it is illegal. Only thing is corps will never know the radar is inside and most of the cases it can't be traced :D

I am sorry. Should be illegal. I asked one of police officer about this gadget sometime back and he said that since it is obstructing the duty of traffic corp it is illegal. Only thing is corps will never know the radar is inside and most of the cases it can't be traced :D

Most cops wont even know what it does, even if you get caught you can always say "It came with the car when i imported it, i dont even know what it does" :D

BTW is it a good idea to bring one of these down by USPS or UPS without hand carrying it ?

will the good folks in the customs give me any trouble ?

Are the cops back to using speed guns again? If not, why would you need one of these things?

Yes, cops have been using speed guns for the past few months. They charge you for reckless driving or something like that. Last week, there were cops with speed guns even on the Marine Drive.

The Radar detector goes off on RF signals, The cobra I have started beeping when a cop flagged me down for a random check..... He asked me what it was...I said its an Air purifier unit sitting on the windscreen ....and it beeps when it detected the glass is open and when there was a change in the air.....he bought it !

The Radar detector goes off on RF signals, The cobra I have started beeping when a cop flagged me down for a random check..... He asked me what it was...I said its an Air purifier unit sitting on the windscreen ....and it beeps when it detected the glass is open and when there was a change in the air.....he bought it !

Nice. In my case, whenever I go with the detector on, cops never appear with speed guns, that's the best feature it has lol

The cops are mad for pray now.

I was coped 4 times on my way to matara yesterday without any reason

All they complained i was crossing sngle lines actualy i overtook just after or before the line and was in line before it.

I hope the gov will give the cops 3d glasses cause they can't see where the wehicles were going :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

By the way funny speed limits here same 70kmph for 800cc(maruti) and 300c

Don't tell this to the cops they will increase the limit for the one haveing a 500 and a c more :angry-smiley-048:

Are the cops back to using speed guns again? If not, why would you need one of these things?

Yep they are back and they are also installing cctv cams, soon they might install speed cams as well.

All they complained i was crossing sngle lines actualy i overtook just after or before the line and was in line before it.

I hope the gov will give the cops 3d glasses cause they can't see where the wehicles were going :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

Don't tell this to the cops they will increase the limit for the one haveing a 500 and a c more :angry-smiley-048:

Dude what on earth are you talking about ?

are you comparing a maruti 800 with a Chrysler 300c speed ?

i dont get it :huh:

People have requested so many times but you never reveal what you smoke. Why don’t you share the secret with us? Pls pls pls.. :rolleyes:

Oh, and have you ever heard of/been to a county where traffic speed limits are set according to car engine size? Me haven’t… :blink:

People have requested so many times but you never reveal what you smoke. Why don’t you share the secret with us? Pls pls pls.. :rolleyes:

Oh, and have you ever heard of/been to a county where traffic speed limits are set according to car engine size? Me haven’t… :blink:

I'll have what he had....!!! :angry-smiley-048::alc: lol

The idea of speed ticketing is to slow down the drivers right? so how come a radar detector is illegal? if the police can use radars without pre-warning we have the right to capture the signal. Isn't it?

The idea of speed ticketing is to slow down the drivers right? so how come a radar detector is illegal? if the police can use radars without pre-warning we have the right to capture the signal. Isn't it?

Dunno bout the legality, but I suppose they wouldn't want us slowing down just for them and then zooming off. :D

In some countries they are legal, in fact some even recommend them to motorist since on high ways they have speed cams and these things will go nuts from time to time keeping the motorists within the speed limit most of the time.Its a good tactic but i doubt if it will work here.

the idea of a radar detector is to warn us when cops are checking for speed, so technically you still do something wrong but get away with it.I dont think such a thing can be legalized here.

the idea of a radar detector is to warn us when cops are checking for speed, so technically you still do something wrong but get away with it.I dont think such a thing can be legalized here.

If the motorists do slow down in the areas which need to be slowed down, (detector or not) whats illegal?