• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which One Is Better?2008 Toyota Allion 1500Cc Or 1800Cc

ramee

Look, I dunno if you forgot your pills or summin, but your arguments will not make sense to anyone. And you obviously didn't do logic. You might have missed this

Even if your final conclusion can be proven with a proper comparison, that is the worst justification for something I've ever seen!

Read it a few times. I argued your logic, not your conclusion. I said Logic Fail. You should have tried coming up with your figures first instead of coming up with your insane comments.

So now, lets take a look at this one.

1.8L Carina/Premio delivers more power and is marginally heavier than 1.5L car while consuming same amount of fuel?

The Carina and Premio are two different cars. Since you refer to a 1997 for your figures, I'll assume its the 1997 Corona Premio. Wanna look up the weight difference between a 97 Corona Premio 1.8 and a 97 Carina 1.5?

1.8L engine delivers more power than 1.5 - Generally correct, at a given rev band, and overall.

1.8L engine weighs more than 1.5 - Can't be bothered looking it up, so we'll assume correct

1.8L delivers more power while consuming same fuel - Not necessarily. It might get the same mileage while consuming the same amount of fuel in stop start traffic as you don't need to rev as high to overcome inertia and get the car moving given the same weight. (Which is the argument to use instead of this logic fail you use.) This is not equal to more power while consuming the same amount of fuel. That would imply that given a flow of flow of 100ml per second (theory) from the injectors to both engines, the 1.8 would produce more power. Now I'm not gonna get all technical and calculate that that would mean xml per cylinder and which means so much air in the cylinder, which means xxpower is produced, mostly coz its pointless in the context of a mileage argument. But that is what you are saying.

So despite your science lessons in school, you've used the wrong argument. Again. The correct argument exists, of course, but you can't find it. Is this a language issue? logic issue? retard issue? you can figure out.

Wanna try the other?

a liter of petrol in 1.8L Carina carries only 143kg of car, the same distance.

Firstly, according to YOU a liter of petrol gets the heavier Cefiro a LESSER distance. Half a kilometer less. But lets examine this latest bit of fail.

I dunno what you thought the relationship was, but a liter of petrol in a 1.8l seems to carry 1150kg of car 8km and a liter of petrol in a 2.0l carries 1340kg of car 7.5kms. Your own numbers. So apparently, despite your science lessons, YOU need help understanding something. Taking random numbers and dividing them around don't really help your cause.

So how would you like to end the discussion?

oh! u seem to have taken a lot of time for this. but i can't be bothered to read. just one question, did you spot da grammar mistake in my last post?

hey mate, i don't know about 1.8 l fuel consumption but it will be definitly closer to 1.5 l. I'm using 1.5l 2009 allion now for 6 months and milage of 4900 km on clock. But for sure pulling power is very much less even comparative to my older 1.5 l fb13 with lp gas. there is always some lag of response to accelaration. but fairly ok for normal ride.

my advice is to go for 1.8 version,

regarding fuel cosumption number one is not the engine capacity it is the driving style, In many forums it is mention as 13 - 14 kmpl and also 18 and 19 figures are there with exceptional figure of 22kmpl for allion i saw in one thred.

so i was very conceren on fuel consumption and want to see how much i can achieve, so decided to change my driving style.for last 4900 km i have pumped less than 36 k normal petrol (90 octane) and achived more than 16 kmpl fuel figure.

fether foot on accelerator, never go beyond 2500 on rpm meter, more than 99% of milage with "eco" mode (with green indicator)

city driving 25% (on moderate traffic, because i live in kandy), rest is normal traffic and roads, most of the time driver and one passenger, but at least 40 % times 4 passengeres and their normal goods. good thing is you can achive speeds more than 110km/h on flat roads with range of 2500 rpm with gradual accelaration.

dont think i am petrol head just done like research, now back to my usual driving style, just around 500km now will see differance in near future.

• 2 months later...

uninformed and uncultured mudalalis and their spoilt children buy 1500cc allion.

more informed mudalalis and their spoilt children buy 1800cc allion.

uninformed professionals with zero passion buy 1500cc premio.

uninformed professionals with little-bit-of passion buy 1800cc premio.

No hard feelings, but this is a conversation I had with one of my customers couple of months back.

Cust: Crishan, I bought a new car for my son. But unfortunatley he wants to go and settle down in USA.

Me: Your son is a lucky dude sir. Any way what's the car you bought him?

Cust: I bought him a ALIEN.

Me: :blink:

Cust: Alien, Alien.

Me. :blink: "Let's go to the car park and check it out sir."

In a couple of seconds we were in the car park.

Cust: That red colour car. That's the one.

Me: Sir it's the Allion. :action-smiley-060:

Profile of the customer : He is a owner of a Indigenous Medicine store (Not a doctor) & has lot of money.

I felt sorry for him. Any way I'm not trying to attack or condemn Allion owners. Just wanted to put a smile on your faces!

uninformed and uncultured mudalalis and their spoilt children buy 1500cc allion.

Edited by Crishan

No hard feelings, but this is a conversation I had with one of my customers couple of months back.

Cust: Crishan, I bought a new car for my son. But unfortunatley he wants to go and settle down in USA.

Me: Your son is a lucky dude sir. Any way what's the car you bought him?

Cust: I bought him a ALIEN.

Me: :blink:

Cust: Alien, Alien.

Me. :blink: "Let's go to the car park and check it out sir."

In a couple of seconds we were in the car park.

Cust: That red colour car. That's the one.

Me: Sir it's the Allion. :action-smiley-060:

Profile of the customer : He is a owner of a Indigenous Medicine store (Not a doctor) & has lot of money.

I felt sorry for him. Any way I'm not trying to attack or condemn Allion owners. Just wanted to put a smile on your faces!

Thats a good one btw and thats why I purposely I went for a premio. Irrespective of the features the premio has, I disliked allions since these mudalalis started dominating the market. Still you see very few premios in the market compared to allions. But I'm sure when mudalalis see the above comments even they would stop buying allions and pull off some premios :D :D

Edited by European freak

Your a true Troll my friend :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...
Look, I dunno if you forgot your pills or summin, but your arguments will not make sense to anyone. And you obviously didn't do logic. You might have missed this

Even if your final conclusion can be proven with a proper comparison, that is the worst justification for something I've ever seen!

Read it a few times. I argued your logic, not your conclusion. I said Logic Fail. You should have tried coming up with your figures first instead of coming up with your insane comments.

So now, lets take a look at this one.

1.8L Carina/Premio delivers more power and is marginally heavier than 1.5L car while consuming same amount of fuel?

The Carina and Premio are two different cars. Since you refer to a 1997 for your figures, I'll assume its the 1997 Corona Premio. Wanna look up the weight difference between a 97 Corona Premio 1.8 and a 97 Carina 1.5?

1.8L engine delivers more power than 1.5 - Generally correct, at a given rev band, and overall.

1.8L engine weighs more than 1.5 - Can't be bothered looking it up, so we'll assume correct

1.8L delivers more power while consuming same fuel - Not necessarily. It might get the same mileage while consuming the same amount of fuel in stop start traffic as you don't need to rev as high to overcome inertia and get the car moving given the same weight. (Which is the argument to use instead of this logic fail you use.) This is not equal to more power while consuming the same amount of fuel. That would imply that given a flow of flow of 100ml per second (theory) from the injectors to both engines, the 1.8 would produce more power. Now I'm not gonna get all technical and calculate that that would mean xml per cylinder and which means so much air in the cylinder, which means xxpower is produced, mostly coz its pointless in the context of a mileage argument. But that is what you are saying.

So despite your science lessons in school, you've used the wrong argument. Again. The correct argument exists, of course, but you can't find it. Is this a language issue? logic issue? retard issue? you can figure out.

Wanna try the other?

a liter of petrol in 1.8L Carina carries only 143kg of car, the same distance.

Firstly, according to YOU a liter of petrol gets the heavier Cefiro a LESSER distance. Half a kilometer less. But lets examine this latest bit of fail.

I dunno what you thought the relationship was, but a liter of petrol in a 1.8l seems to carry 1150kg of car 8km and a liter of petrol in a 2.0l carries 1340kg of car 7.5kms. Your own numbers. So apparently, despite your science lessons, YOU need help understanding something. Taking random numbers and dividing them around don't really help your cause.

So how would you like to end the discussion?

Guys lets cut the senseless arguments, we are hear to share knowledge and help dudes in need when it comes to automobile issues,coz we all share passion for the same,yeah?

So lets not be damn rude to anybody who has a different or wrong opinion on anything.This is a discussion not a brawl right ?

Lets just help the guy out to buy an Allion.

Chill.

Edited by zaradiyel

have a confuse about 2008 toyota allion, which one better,1500cc or 1800cc,toyota allion 1800cc digital meter lights are yellow why is that?

Hey dude,

I'd suggest to go for the 1.8 l ,engine to get more power and fair fuel economy [compared to 1.5 l].

You will need the extra power for safe overtaking specially in Colombo.

Don't be concerend with petty stuff like the colour of the digital meter as long as they are not faulty.

Suggest ask more advice on the 1.8 l engine from a couple of mechanics and knowledgeable ppl in this forum.

All the best.

Dude this is a very old thread, the guy must have bought the car and probably sold it by now :D Anyway I would also recomend the 1.8, these are lesser in price too. But overtaking is actually not a big problem with a 1.5 when you change the gear to S you will get that extra bit of power.