• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Waiting Time For Brand New Vehicles

kmart

Hello friends,

I wish to buy a brand new vehicle in sl.

I heard that waiting time even for the brand new vehicle is soo long.

Why this happens ? demand is so high or agents do not stock brand new car before the orders?

So can you share your experiences regarding this matter?

Hello friends,

I wish to buy a brand new vehicle in sl.

I heard that waiting time even for the brand new vehicle is soo long.

Why this happens ? demand is so high or agents do not stock brand new car before the orders?

So can you share your experiences regarding this matter?

'kmart',

Brand new Vehicles yes you have to be on waiting list for some time all most all brand new vehicle dealers say they do not want to invest their money and keep the vehicles in their yards as then do not know when they will sell same.

But the policy with used vehicles dealers are not that. Used vehicle importers they have large stocks of Vehicles if you go round used vehicle show rooms. They have enough stocks of vehicles so many makes and models as they have a bigger profit when they sell them and do not guarantee after sales service.

There are few dealers of used Vehicles and they have out lets round the country some of then have more than 1000 Vehicles in their different show rooms.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'kmart',

Brand new Vehicles yes you have to be on waiting list for some time all most all brand new vehicle dealers say they do not want to invest their money and keep the vehicles in their yards as then do not know when they will sell same.

But the policy with used vehicles dealers are not that. Used vehicle importers they have large stocks of Vehicles if you go round used vehicle show rooms. They have enough stocks of vehicles so many makes and models as they have a bigger profit when they sell them and do not guarantee after sales service.

There are few dealers of used Vehicles and they have out lets round the country some of then have more than 1000 Vehicles in their different show rooms.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks Sylvi,

do you have any idea about average waiting time for brand new cars?

thanks Sylvi,

It depends on the agents.But normally it takes a few months.

And with a government like this you never could predict what will happen.From the agents point of view,they are correct,even though we'll have to wait till we get our purchase. :closedeyes:

It depends on the agents.But normally it takes a few months.

And with a government like this you never could predict what will happen.From the agents point of view,they are correct,even though we'll have to wait till we get our purchase. :closedeyes:

I bought my first car from Uni** Motors some time back and at that time cars were available in stock. So this time also i went to the same place to buy another brandnew car. But this time they didn't have cars in stock. They ask me to make an advance payment and reserve a car. So i did that in first week of April... And i'm still waiting..angry-smiley-024.gif On top of that i ordered the car before the tax increase but now they ask me to pay for the new value..violent-smiley-099.gif(Damn) I think this is same with all brandnew vehicle importers. ninja.gif So those who are willing to buy brandnew vehicles better be prepared to face these kind of things. In my personal view i'd go for a second hand car next time. Because when you are buying a second hand car you defntly have a better market value at the time you are selling it and when you are selling a brand new car the market value would be lesser than you bought..mad.gif (I had enough with buying brandnew cars..!!)

PS - This is not discouraging those who want to buy brandnew cars, its abt the shit i went through..action-smiley-060.gif

I bought my first car from Uni** Motors some time back and at that time cars were available in stock. So this time also i went to the same place to buy another brandnew car. But this time they didn't have cars in stock. They ask me to make an advance payment and reserve a car. So i did that in first week of April... And i'm still waiting..angry-smiley-024.gif On top of that i ordered the car before the tax increase but now they ask me to pay for the new value..violent-smiley-099.gif(Damn) I think this is same with all brandnew vehicle importers. ninja.gif So those who are willing to buy brandnew vehicles better be prepared to face these kind of things. In my personal view i'd go for a second hand car next time. Because when you are buying a second hand car you defntly have a better market value at the time you are selling it and when you are selling a brand new car the market value would be lesser than you bought..mad.gif (I had enough with buying brandnew cars..!!)

PS - This is not discouraging those who want to buy brandnew cars, its abt the shit i went through..action-smiley-060.gif

The Truth should be understood 1st hand to be realized,

a brand new vehicle will depreciate a lot, no matter how sweet the deal would be,

but 2nd hand will retain it's value

thanks for sharing your experience.

I am also thinking of buying a brand new vehicle from same company you mentioned here. So after reading your comment, I have second thought now. it seems that waiting time is more than 3 months. isn't it?

that is reduculously long waiting time. besides we need to bear future tax increases. we never know this idiotic government tax policies either.

I ll try to find 2nd hand vehicle near to brand new level.

Edited by kmart

thanks for sharing your experience.

I am also thinking of buying a brand new vehicle from same company you mentioned here. So after reading your comment, I have second thought now. it seems that waiting time is more than 3 months. isn't it?

that is reduculously long waiting time. besides we need to bear future tax increases. we never know this idiotic government tax policies either.

I ll try to find 2nd hand vehicle near to brand new level.

They say 6-7 months in some models but when i imported last time it took 8 months(when they said 3months)

So it would take around a year for a brand new vehicle to come

Consider a suv if u hire one for 8 months till it comes after selling u'rs it would take about 1.6 million only for the hire,

so it is better to buy fro the car sales ex-stock, even if it costs a little more

They say 6-7 months in some models but when i imported last time it took 8 months(when they said 3months)

So it would take around a year for a brand new vehicle to come

Consider a suv if u hire one for 8 months till it comes after selling u'rs it would take about 1.6 million only for the hire,

so it is better to buy fro the car sales ex-stock, even if it costs a little more

6month waiting time? it is ridiculous to wait such a long time

you can find toyotas and many japanese cars which are absolute brand new with few miles ridden just for import purposes at many car sales .

Hmm.. May be next time..sad.gif And on other hand why should we pay more to the company.. Is it b'cos of the warranty we get or for the 'FREE Service' we get which you have to pay for all the parts, oil, cotton wastes,etc....?? (Still you have to pay around 5-7K)action-smiley-060.gif

Hmm.. May be next time..sad.gif And on other hand why should we pay more to the company.. Is it b'cos of the warranty we get or for the 'FREE Service' we get which you have to pay for all the parts, oil, cotton wastes,etc....?? (Still you have to pay around 5-7K)action-smiley-060.gif

how about the fact that the vehicle is not identical to the JDM version? and yes the warranty does factor into the price. Unlike a car sale, toyota lanka has to have the ability to fix the car due to recalls, any defects etc.

The "free service" is not something the manufacturer requires them to perform so they can charge anything they want. I think they do require the car to be under the care of toyota lanka during the course of the warranty period though...

thanks Sylvi,

'kmart',

What agents promise will never keep to their promise.

Try some body who is living abroad a friend of yours to buy a new car or little used car under 5000 KMS and ship it under your name.

I have done this in Japan buy a new Vehicle register and cancel registration after some time ship same in my name.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'kmart',

What agents promise will never keep to their promise.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I totally agree WITH Sylvi.. Just checkout my case with Uni*** Mo**S..;

- Ordered the car in first week of April and they promise to deliver in June.

- Gave a call in June and asked the status. **Excuse 1. - Shipment is delayed due to Tsunami in Japan.

- Gave a call in July. **Excuse 2 - The colour and features that i ordered will take time to come. (I didn't order a kitchen and a bathroom for my car)

- Gave a call in August. **Excuse 3 - Now the car is in SL but the customs are having a issue that Chasie number is not linked with their system.

- I will give a call in September and let know the status.... @##$# %$^ $% $^$$^$%^& FFFFFF!!!!!!!..

- On top of this remember that somewhere between april and may there was a Tax increase? Even though i ordered the car before this the company asked me to pay for the new price..!! (Plus more due to increase of vehicle registration charges)

I HAD ENOUGH WITH THIS SHIT..!!!

kMeeg.

Edited by kmeeg

- Gave a call in June and asked the status. **Excuse 1. - Shipment is delayed due to Tsunami in Japan.

- Gave a call in July. **Excuse 2 - The colour and features that i ordered will take time to come. (I didn't order a kitchen and a bathroom for my car)

- Gave a call in August. **Excuse 3 - Now the car is in SL but the customs are having a issue that Chasie number is not linked with their system.

- I will give a call in September and let know the status.... @##$# %$^ $% $^$$^$%^& FFFFFF!!!!!!!..

- On top of this remember that somewhere between april and may there was a Tax increase? Even though i ordered the car before this the company asked me to pay for the new price..!! (Plus more due to increase of vehicle registration charges)

kMeeg.

'kmeeg',

You personally visit the agents (UM) as you have all documents to prove that you have paid an advance request the Chassis number then go to Customs find out do agents say true or not.

Agents play with our money this system of 20% deposit money for a vehicle existed for last 33 years from the time our Late President JR Jayardana relaxed on (OGL)imports.

At that time Vehicle importers started advertising overnight they will give delivery vehicle in thirty days. Vehicles came in 25 to 35 days at that time.

When the vehicle come to Srilanka it is sold to some other buyer at a bigger margin than the promised cost to the original person who paid the deposit.Thereby the original person who paid the money had to expect on next shipment.

I do not know this is happening with the agents now.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

kMeeg.

yep machng i also have ordered a car from UNI..MOTORS....they gave me same answer like u on these months like :blink: Tsunami,chasie numbers are not yet,,today i call him & he told me that he has not been the ALLOCATION. after that he told me my car will be received in next week. what to do now waiting for till next week.. :(

'CyRaX',

If it is noted on the receipt that delivery time you can go to Consumer protection authority and make a complain.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So they only tell you right,not written,So cant we when making a order request for a written note requesging the date of delivery ?

So they only tell you right,not written,So cant we when making a order request for a written note requesging the date of delivery ?

'CyRaX'

Most of us do not request to write the delivery date but still you can request write the date Iam not a lawyer but due to past experience I allways get the delivery date on the recept.

I think if you take an advance the person who receive cash is liable to give the delivery date.

I once got my money back full from Abans not delivering a Motorolla mobile teliphone on the due date I paid cash they wanted to give me a cheque but I insisted cash they gave me full amount but delayed about an one hour.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

All letter of credit we open to a supplier has the delivery date if they ship late we can reject documents.

I have done this number of times for vehicle shippers they say they have stocks but they do not have after we open L/C

they go in search of used vehicles and ship them late.

All members who had paid money to agents should get to gather and consult a lawyer go forward with their grievances for late delivery.I think they can have a case breach of trust. It is left for members who are effected to handle this matter so that Agents will not do in future by giving false information by getting cash advance for a vehicle not in their hands.

I had this problem with Micro did not pay any cash as bank handled the matter by letters wanting the chassis number they failed to give the number even after 30 days from the bank request letter. but later got a Indian vehicle

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

As much as it sucks, do we (consumers) have a choice.. Say I want to buy a brand new Lancer EX, and UM keep delaying it for months, worst case they'll refund my cash, but now its too late, I've got no car, taxes have gone up and I even lost the potential interest I might have gotten on my money had it been in a fixed deposit. And still there's no other place I can goto to get a brand new Lancer EX. All agents pretty much have a monopoly.