• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Assemble Vehicles

Senaratne

Question

What kind of Japanese vehicles?

Saw a Toyota Corolla Ae110 the other day (minus the badge.) There are several Hiluxes and Carinas around too. So whats the deal with these vehicles? I mean, these models are well over 10 years old, so I assume all the parts in them are old as well?

Saw a Toyota Corolla Ae110 the other day (minus the badge.) There are several Hiluxes and Carinas around too. So whats the deal with these vehicles? I mean, these models are well over 10 years old, so I assume all the parts in them are old as well?

Hi all,

It's at Minuwangoda...and its a BOI approved project.

Hi all,

It's at Minuwangoda...and its a BOI approved project.

It is in Minuwangoda Industrial park.

They assemble 110s, Carina Tis, few Mazdas and some other models; body parts are imported and repainted.

Engines are said to be tested and imported.

takes nearly 6months to assemble.

left door from one car; right door from another car; engine from another car :action-smiley-060:

It is in Minuwangoda Industrial park.

They assemble 110s, Carina Tis, few Mazdas and some other models; body parts are imported and repainted.

Engines are said to be tested and imported.

takes nearly 6months to assemble.

left door from one car; right door from another car; engine from another car :action-smiley-060:

Can these be registered with RMV. Also is there a special registration number since it is a assemble vehicle? Vs imported vehicle?

Edited by nissmoz

Can these be registered with RMV. Also is there a special registration number since it is a assemble vehicle? Vs imported vehicle?

I have seen a few Surf's bearing number plates WP-PB. Could these be some of them assembled ones?

I spoke with a guy who has bought a TOYOTA Surf from there Only thing is in the vehical registration book they print MADE IN SRILANKA............................. They can't use the original TOYOTA Badges also....... He is running with the garage NOs & its valid till he get the registration Nos.........

I spoke with a guy who has bought a TOYOTA Surf from there Only thing is in the vehical registration book they print MADE IN SRILANKA............................. They can't use the original TOYOTA Badges also....... He is running with the garage NOs & its valid till he get the registration Nos.........

Any idea of the prices....

I think I've seen this vehicle... I wondered why it was on garage plates all this time... :P

what is your friend's initial opinion about the quality of the vehicle?

as you from outside, is the quality better than a contempory used vehicle in the market?

Edited by isurujosh

there are quite a few cars running with garage plates. most of them are these locally assembled ones. I heard there was a problem in registration and that's why they run on garage plates.

on another note, my friend has a 'made in SL' FB14. it's perfectly fine for the daily grind.

I think I've seen these vehicles.. I hope this isnt against the forum rules but, are the plates WP G 0880 or WP G 0800 or something to that tune? I've seen surfs, corollas, starlet, a van.. lotta vehicles. especially surfs. Are these really legal?

Edited by topgear

And many Prados? :D

So you've seen em too :violent-smiley-030:;)

I used to wonder whose vehicles these were!

I wouldnt mind going for a vehicle like this as long it can be registered and the price is significantly different.

They should be as good as the originals.

If I'm correct, instead of the customary red no plates, they are usually in white in the RVM traditional style - a sign of a 'permanent' garage plate perhaps? :P

Sir,

As far as I know this was a BOI project for total export this was existing for more than five years once or more this person had come to my services I did what he wanted. I cannot mention any thing more than that.

In Japan Koiva District I have seen lot of Dismantled Automobiles and most of them are in good condition. As I was in and out of Japan from 1975. for a Different Industry in South east Asia.

There are countries who buy cars more than 10 years old in the world we have in Japan Srilankan used car parts and totally Dismantled Automobile Exporters mostly this is done in Japan by Pakistan Automobile dismantles. All work under cover of Japanese.

This BOI project In Minnuwangoda is having some connection with Japanese Dismantled Automobile Exporters.

Wijesinghe.

I also saw few last week.

The place is in Minuwangoda.

Yep dude. It's @ Minuwangoda. Exactly in Minuwangoda Industrial estate. When you are travelling on Colombo- Minuwangoda main road, you'll find a junction called "Japala Watte Handiya" befor you teach to Minuwangoda Town.. Turn right from that and you'll find the place within a kilometer. Cheers

And the chasis?? :unsure:

shanX,

For there is any thing to one's praise it is foolish vanity to be gratified at it.

If it is abuse why one is always sure to hear of it from one damned natured person like you.

Society always consists in great part of young and uneducated damned foolish persons.

Your comment that caravan to upturn in to ditch is due to your incompetence control of same.

A bad tree will never yield good apples. A tree is known by its fruit. Blood will out.

Sylvi.

A bad tree will never yield good apples. A tree is known by its fruit. Blood will out.

If that really is the case i guess we should be glad that no descendants of yours are currently on the forum, just imagine another one of you! Boggles the mind...

Edited by Supra_Natural

If that really is the case i guess we should be glad that no descendants of yours are currently on the forum, just imagine another one of you! Boggles the mind...
[size

Sir,

This forum is not their to write what shanX wrote in his post putting my log in name Sylvi I was compelled to write.

His comment was directly on me.

I have written this early. That I do not want to blow my own trumpet.

I was born with a Silver Spoon.

Before criticizing person, walk a mile wear that persons shoes. You'll are Barking up the wrong tree.

I am surprised with your comment.(Just imagine another one of you! Boggle the mind)

Wijesinghe.