• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Three Way Catalytic Converter

dinran

Hi, I bought a Axio G recently and learnt that the engine is 1NZ-FE

I found in a user manual that if the engine is with Three Way Catalytic Converter, unleaded gasoline to be used.

Pls someone tell me how to know this.

also does anyone know how to pair the Bluetooth connection with a mobile phone, so that the phone can be dialed through the car's touch pad display.

(i really do not know whether this can be done in the first place)

thanks in advance!

also does anyone know how to pair the Bluetooth connection with a mobile phone, so that the phone can be dialed through the car's touch pad display.

(i really do not know whether this can be done in the first place)

thanks in advance!

simple, but might take a little time if you're new to this. first, you need to make sure your stereo has a bluetooth adapter. it has to have a fully functional bluetooth adapter, and not be "bluetooth ready". the latter would mean you have to fork out another 18,ooo rupees to get a bluetooth adapter. if it does, go to the bluetooth menu and see if it's switched on.

next, switch on your bluetooth connection in the phone. i'm assuming you know how to do that. read the phone manual if you need help, its different in the makes of phones. once done, search for available devices. your car head unit will show up, for example as "PIONEER BT-UNIT" or somesuch. instruct the phone to connect to that. it most likely will ask for an authorization code, which should be "0000" (zero-zero-zero-zero) in most cases. once connected, you're done. if your phone's a nokia, it will show a little red car icon on the screen next to the signal bar once connected. depending on your stereo unit and the phone, you will now be able to:

1. take and receive calls from the car unit. it will load your contacts, call log etc onto the car. when taking and answering calls, the unit will automatically mute radio/pause media playback. needless to say, you'll have to have a mike installed. and also, get used to having phone conversations with other people in the car. "oh hi honey... ammi's here with me and you're on speaker" :D

if you ask the phone to connect automatically to the stereo, it will do so each time you step in the car, as long as our bluetooth is on.

2. play music off your phone. the quality will be far superior to other media.

good luck!

at ed: sorry if i broke forum rules by mentioning brand names. point was only to illustrate. not advertise. feel free to edit if necessary.

Thanks Komi,

appreciate your long write up.

I was able to connect my phone (SE P1i), as you said the signal indicator, battery meter also indicated on the car

but once I try to dial a number from the car, the phone turned off.

this happens several times.

any thoughts pls?

Thanks Komi,

I was able to connect my phone (SE P1i), as you said the signal indicator, battery meter also indicated on the car

any thoughts pls?

funny. i've had a p1i, and connected it to a pioneer bluetooth set. more than one, actually. worked perfectly. u mean to say the phone turned off? that's odd. try rebooting after allowing it to pair automatically and see what happens? and yet, if this happened when u tried to dial off the car setup,. try dialling on the phone and see if the audio gets transferred to the car. also, try calling your phone to see what happens.

Thanks Komi,

any thoughts pls?

If the phone switched off and you had to press the power button to switch it back on, that means the OS on the phone had crashed.

If the phone switched off and you had to press the power button to switch it back on, that means the OS on the phone had crashed.

no, power turned on by itself. Actually, I should say "restart"

any way... I'll play with it and share the outcome...thanks for you guys thoughts