• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake Pads

Uditha88

If they are sitting really close it is fine if the pads are new but if they are touching the rotor it means you either have a warped rotor or issues with the caliper. When you hit the brakes while driving do you feel it pulsate?

Hi Jd,

No pulsate when apply the brake. But car has very high braking capability. Means only small pressure is need to brake it. But I doubt this is because it has "Power Brake". Is it so?

Visual inspection sows me pads are almost on top of rotor. So I jacked & tried rotating. (In gear neutral)

It can be rotated but bit hard. Is it normal?

Looking forward ur friends help.

Thanks

Hi Jd,

No pulsate when apply the brake. But car has very high braking capability. Means only small pressure is need to brake it. But I doubt this is because it has "Power Brake". Is it so?

Visual inspection sows me pads are almost on top of rotor. So I jacked & tried rotating. (In gear neutral)

It can be rotated but bit hard. Is it normal?

Looking forward ur friends help.

Thanks

If it's front wheel drive the fronts would need a little more effort to spin because of the differential. The rear ones should spin freely. BTW how exactly are you jacking the car up?

About the brakes, did you change them recently? It could just mean that you are not used to the new brakes. Unless you hear grinding or pulsating or unlessyou can feel some drag on the car, you shouldn't worry about it. I am assuming you installed the correct pads...

Hey Guys,

I am having a concern about my breaks as well. Usually when I am breaking in traffic I hear a hear a slight grinding noise and feel some drag which wasn't before. Then I recently had to add little bit of break oil as well. Is there anyway I can tell the pads have worn out or the problem is with the brushes on rear drums. As I have heard both produces the grinding noise ?

Thanks in advance

If it's front wheel drive the fronts would need a little more effort to spin because of the differential. The rear ones should spin freely. BTW how exactly are you jacking the car up?

About the brakes, did you change them recently? It could just mean that you are not used to the new brakes. Unless you hear grinding or pulsating or unlessyou can feel some drag on the car, you shouldn't worry about it. I am assuming you installed the correct pads...

Hi JD,

Ya. It's front-wheel drive & I know it result some tightness due to differential.

But doubt I have it when I rotate, I hear a small sound that pad grinds on rotor. :(

Is it normal?

Pads are not new. But not worn out n in good shape. No pulsating, drag even griding sound while driving. So are these all OK?

Thanks..

Hey Guys,

I am having a concern about my breaks as well. Usually when I am breaking in traffic I hear a hear a slight grinding noise and feel some drag which wasn't before. Then I recently had to add little bit of break oil as well. Is there anyway I can tell the pads have worn out or the problem is with the brushes on rear drums. As I have heard both produces the grinding noise ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Fookie,

Front Disc Brake's brake pad has "wear indicator". If pads worn-out, that indicator(a metal pointer) touches the disc, which makes a noise. If you hear that noise, It's time right to change ur brake pads.

Also u get ur rear drum brake inspected by a mechanic. Sometimes spins in drum brake go bad. Which causes noise when brake & not proper braking.

Hope this is useful.

-Uditha

Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance

About the brake oil...if you are losing oil one of the main culprits is a leaky cylinder in the drum brakes, assuming you don't have any other visible leaks on the brake lines. You will need to take your drums off and inspect.

Hey Guys

thanks for the quick replies , I think I better check my both front and rear brakes .

I added the break oil for the first time on my car and its nearing 80k on the ODO.

However, I was told since the pads have worn I need to add a little bit to keep the pressure.

Is there a truth in this? I only add few drops and it was like two months ago. Ever since it hasn't gone down.

So I dont suspect a leak . BTW any recommended brands for breakpads ?

As this topic goes on about braking system...

Since recently, I noticed in my car, like after running for sometime, when brakes get hot, the brake pedal sinks like about 60-70%. But I don't loose brake fully, like could stop the car after some effort, or by pumping the pedal twice or something. Is this coz of bad brake pump washers going bad or something? Or could it be coz of air in brake oil? And do I have to fix this immediately? :unsure:

Since recently, I noticed in my car, like after running for sometime, when brakes get hot, the brake pedal sinks like about 60-70%. But I don't loose brake fully, like could stop the car after some effort, or by pumping the pedal twice or something. Is this coz of bad brake pump washers going bad or something? Or could it be coz of air in brake oil? And do I have to fix this immediately? :unsure:

Could be either a brake booster issue or you have air in the lines. Since it happens when heated up I think I would suspect the later more. The cheapest thing you can do is to just bleed the brakes and if that doesn't help just go from there.

Edited by jdnet

Could be either a brake booster issue or you have air in the lines. Since it happens when heated up I think I would suspect the later more. The cheapest thing you can do is to just bleed the brakes and if that doesn't help just go from there.

Ok, ya that's where I should start. Thanks :)

I too think its because of air in the system because this happens when it gets hot.And get it fixed immediately because it is a safety issue. :)

• 2 years later...