• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lexus Gs300 2010

NASCAR

need some info and expertise. do we have a lexus service center in colombo and who is the lexus dealers in sri lanka. i am planing to bring my car home by mid this year and uncertain if the right decision i'm making. what is the presence of Lexus in SL ?

Thanks you.

need some info and expertise. do we have a lexus service center in colombo and who is the lexus dealers in sri lanka. i am planing to bring my car home by mid this year and uncertain if the right decision i'm making. what is the presence of Lexus in SL ?

Thanks you.

No official Lexus dealers/agents/service centers in SL, but Lexus is Toyota so you could probably get it serviced at a Toyota place. The GS 300's 3.0 inline six is used in many Toyota vehicles.

Thanks you.

Lexus doesn't have a distributor in SL yet, but parts for more common vehicle like RX300 are interchangeable with Toyota parts so Toyota lanka does have parts.But in your case i dont think spares will be available.

The problem will not be bringing it here or servicing it, the major problem for you will be when you need to replace parts.

And since toyota never released the Aristo (the equivalent for GS300) there wont be any parts to swap with, so my initial advice is not to bring it unless you are hooked to this car 100% :alc:

Lexus doesn't have a distributor in SL yet, but parts for more common vehicle like RX300 are interchangeable with Toyota parts so Toyota lanka does have parts.But in your case i dont think spares will be available.

The problem will not be bringing it here or servicing it, the major problem for you will be when you need to replace parts.

And since toyota never released the Aristo (the equivalent for GS300) there wont be any parts to swap with, so my initial advice is not to bring it unless you are hooked to this car 100% :alc:

GS300 is one of the most reliable cars I have driven, so part's wise i'm more confidant will have less problems as it;s just a year old and never had a problem.

the next service is due only 25K and I have done only 11K. so service is not a major problem ?????? even on a service they will replace the oil and air filters and run a diagnose to see for any faults on the engine and UI. the breaks are due only aft 60K's as per Lexus New Zealand.

but thanks for your advice.

You can't run your left hand drive car over here without a lot of trouble.

it;s a right hand, sorrry my Auto lanka profile was not updated since I moved out from US. the car is in Auckland, New Zealand.

There is no 2010 Lexus GS300. From the 2007 model year onward it is the Lexus GS350.

If you have a GS350 then the V6 is basically the same engine as the Toyota Harrier (Lexus RX330 and RX350) that is pretty common on Sri Lankan roads.

As far as Lexus reliability is concerned I agree with you. I put about 350,000km on a 1999 Lexus and never had a single problem with it. I didn't even do most of the recommended services. Only did oil changes, timing belt changes and brakes.

GS300 is one of the most reliable cars I have driven, so part's wise i'm more confidant will have less problems as it;s just a year old and never had a problem.

the next service is due only 25K and I have done only 11K. so service is not a major problem ?????? even on a service they will replace the oil and air filters and run a diagnose to see for any faults on the engine and UI. the breaks are due only aft 60K's as per Lexus New Zealand.

but thanks for your advice.

Its certainly a very nice car...has great reviews too. (Ditto on the GS350 thinggy, I only found the GS350 version in the newer model shape when I googled...)

Edited by Kavvz

There is no 2010 Lexus GS300. From the 2007 model year onward it is the Lexus GS350.

If you have a GS350 then the V6 is basically the same engine as the Toyota Harrier (Lexus RX330 and RX350) that is pretty common on Sri Lankan roads.

As far as Lexus reliability is concerned I agree with you. I put about 350,000km on a 1999 Lexus and never had a single problem with it. I didn't even do most of the recommended services. Only did oil changes, timing belt changes and brakes.

there is no GS300 2010 ? mmmm, then how come I'm driving one ? it;s a GS300 limited edition, yes, it looks alike as the 2007.

Its certainly a very nice car...has great reviews too. (Ditto on the GS350 thinggy, I only found the GS350 version in the newer model shape when I googled...)

you can find the link below for the Lexus GS300, it;s sold here in New Zealand.

http://www.lexus.co.nz/NR/exeres/338CF4BE-B674-4B8A-BEBC-ED44153D479A.htm?NRMODE=Unpublished&wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished

there is no GS300 2010 ? mmmm, then how come I'm driving one ? it;s a GS300 limited edition, yes, it looks alike as the 2007.

FYI, I just spoke to Lexus NZ, you were correct, only for US market they have replace the GS300 with a GS350.

Thanks you.

There is no such thing as a 2010 GS300 in the states. It's either GS350 or 460. Is this a US car?

No man, there is no GS300 in 2010 in the state and definitely not a limited edition.

Edited by Mani

Thanks you.

Mate, are you going to bring your left hand drive Lexus to Sri Lanka?... :blink: I think there is no Lexus dealers in Sri Lanka..but Toyota Lanka may do it as it's Toyota..I think in Sri Lanka Lexus SUV's are common but not sure about GS 300 which is a sedan...you may consult Toyota Lanka first..

from my experience, to*ota lanka has very limited parts and expertise for most of the new JDM's. so whilst they may do the basic oil changes and stuff they'd be pretty clueless about the rest of the car. but i'm sure you can order the parts down from singapore if it comes to a crunch. also 3GR FSE and even the 4GR FSE's are pretty bulletproof engines. i've seen a couple of IS 250's imported here and those share many parts with the GS. had a chat to the owner of one at toyota lanka recently and he said he only does the oil changes there for records. he hasn't had any issues so far as far as running repairs are concerned but plans on importing parts from singapore and getting it done outside. so if your heart is set on getting the car down, i'm sure you will be ok. there are some smart mechanics here who will be able to help you out.

mate, click on the link, it;s the same car what I have and the same dealer in Auckland. only difference is mine is a silver and 3000cc V6 engine.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Lexus/GS300/auction-361844768.htm

Auckland is not known as the States. There are no 2010 GS300 in the United States of America. This individual is in the USA and presumably driving a 2010 GS300 which does not exist here.

Auckland is not known as the States. There are no 2010 GS300 in the United States of America. This individual is in the USA and presumably driving a 2010 GS300 which does not exist here.

Read more carefully and thoroughly dude. He said he moved from the U.S. to NZ and they do have the GS300 in NZ.

Read more carefully and thoroughly dude. He said he moved from the U.S. to NZ and they do have the GS300 in NZ.

Could've sworn he had Beverly Hills as his location when all this started.

I'll go stand in the corner.

Edited by Mani

Thanks you.

Hi,

While spares will not be Corolla easy, brake pads and filters should become available along with the steady flow of thee Mark X 120's 121's (preferably supercharged ;) and eventually the 130's.

Servicing is not an issue.

Just check up on the approx. taxes you would have to pay bringing it in. Also keep in mind the GS Hybrids are landing here on a lower duty/ tax bracket.

Albertho from the AL forum drives a GRX 120. He might be able to she more light as has had it for a few months.

One question. Does the GS feel cramped on the drivers side being a car that was designed for a LHD market?

Hi,

While spares will not be Corolla easy, brake pads and filters should become available along with the steady flow of thee Mark X 120's 121's (preferably supercharged ;) and eventually the 130's.

Servicing is not an issue.

Just check up on the approx. taxes you would have to pay bringing it in. Also keep in mind the GS Hybrids are landing here on a lower duty/ tax bracket.

Albertho from the AL forum drives a GRX 120. He might be able to she more light as has had it for a few months.

One question. Does the GS feel cramped on the drivers side being a car that was designed for a LHD market?

All,

no luck with toyota lanka, couldn't get any positive response from them, they will not cover or guarantee any mechanical warranty on the vehicle. they can provide a full service but no parts and it need to be imported. no GS300 2010 registered yet in Sri lanka.

@milindu

Tax shouldn't be a issue. had a LS600 LHD when in US, moving to NZ didn't find much difference driving a RHD.