• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cops On The Streets!

i think the best i have heard so far is that "can u please put a reload to my phone" bugger gives me the number and the amount.. pretty smart.. no exchange of money.. no paper trail...

I remember reading an article sometime back where this cop would get motorists to pay for the supplies for a house he was building. :D

Am I the only one who feels sorry for these cops? I mean most of them get paid crap wages to stay out in the sun all day. With the cost of living the way it is it's gotta be really hard to make ends meet on their salary, hence the reason to make money through illegal means.

i agree on the wage thing. and the lack of respect we have for the law enforcment officers in SL... its the system to blame.. aboard most cops go to police acedemy;s and pass exams and shit. here u just literally walk in...

if the system changes to a more dignified entrance system and better pay i feel the story would have been different.. people will respect the cops for passing at least some exams and coming out as learned professionals rather than 8 pass morons....

i think the best i have heard so far is that "can u please put a reload to my phone" bugger gives me the number and the amount.. pretty smart.. no exchange of money.. no paper trail...

LOL wow, they have improved. Once this bugger got my phone num, so that he can contact me to borrow my vehicle, luckily he never called :)

LOL wow, they have improved. Once this bugger got my phone num, so that he can contact me to borrow my vehicle, luckily he never called :)

If you know the traffic OIC's number..you should have given that number to that bugger.. :D then he will call to the OIC and borrow a police vehicle ...LOL :lol::D

Edited by AbeysinghE

Jokes aside, why not just pay the fine as for most offences the actual fine can't be much more than the Rs. 500 - Rs. 1000 bribe? At least that way, the fine money would end up at the SL treasury to be (hopefully) used to for infrastructure development rather than lining the pockets of some unscrupulous cop!

have you even been through the process of paying a fine?

My friend was going to get away with buying a couple of phone cards for the cop, until his drunk friend decided to yell "Ay ralahami, dan walkie talkie Kit card walinda weda karannyeee?" :D

Edited by jehan80

From an article posted in Silumina 2011-04-10 regarding road rules:

From 2010 July to 2011 March 15th from court fines and other fines, the traffic police department has earned for the treasury Rs. 370 million!

Wonder how much they earned by bribing.. :blink:

They have also talked about the CCTV system, and getting strict actions against: parking of vehicles on the pavement and entrance to by roads, going on the wrong lane, not giving way to pedestrians using zebra crossings, pedestrians who does not use the zebra crossings, annoying honking of three wheelers and buses, squeezing through traffic by buses and three wheelers to get to the front, stopping buses to pick up or drop off passengers every where, drunk driving, driving tinted glass vehicles, driving while on the phone etc etc. :)

Probably less than that number. I mean, I've never paid a bribe. I'm not trying to say I'm a fine upstanding citizen, it seems I either find cops not interested in bribes or I just don't know how it works. I'm gonna have to try the steps in MiraOwners post...

Edited by Pericles
  • Like 1

or he can print it and sell it as how to bribing a cop hand book by what ever his name

he can sell it at bus stands car parks book shops etc... :lol:

Hey nexus what an idea!. i'll give you the copyrights. go ahead and sell it on the roadside.

i agree on the wage thing. and the lack of respect we have for the law enforcment officers in SL... its the system to blame.. aboard most cops go to police acedemy;s and pass exams and shit. here u just literally walk in...

if the system changes to a more dignified entrance system and better pay i feel the story would have been different.. people will respect the cops for passing at least some exams and coming out as learned professionals rather than 8 pass morons....

some of them cant even read whats written on the licence.... also the ones who try to show the power more r the ones in blue shirts. etc

Their wages maybe low but if they earn at this rate they dont need to collect their monthly wage...the day i was copped at ambepussa i paid 1000bucks. imagine 10 other motorists & the amount the have in just a few minutes....but i guess they bust it all on alcohol & stuff

Edited by Chooti Putha

So, you use the powers of your uncle :blink: ..So you don't have to obey the rules of the country...I hope you will not have any chance to become a politician..COZ..you'll misuse the powers given to the politicians to break the law of the country...don't think that these kind of posts will make you up man..don't show off..hope your minister uncle will have to sing Signgnore..one day.. :violent-smiley-099:

nicely said AbeysinghE :appl: :appl:

Their wages maybe low but if they earn at this rate they dont need to collect their monthly wage...the day i was copped at ambepussa i paid 1000bucks. imagine 10 other motorists & the amount the have in just a few minutes....but i guess they bust it all on alcohol & stuff

Hey but don't you think like we shouldn't pay exactly the amount they expect from us, like say the full amount of the fine. Like I always, pay 300-500/= range lol

like i dont have better things to do :angry-smiley-048::violent-smiley-099:

Girly comment mate. reminds me of my teenage cousin sisters. i have loads of things to do here at office than peddle stuff on the street. so i come on by and post something to lighten up the day for someone reading my post and you want to be a bi*ch now. get a life.

• Like 2

Girly comment mate. reminds me of my teenage cousin sisters. i have loads of things to do here at office than peddle stuff on the street. so i come on by and post something to lighten up the day for someone reading my post and you want to be a bi*ch now. get a life.

WTF loser i have a life and i damn proud of it you are the one who bic#ing right now dummy :angry-smiley-048:

this is what you really thinks? :huh:

Edited by nexus

Luckily the cop was not too tough and let me go after preaching a bit. He told me that I could be charged for using the headlights on daytime without an emergency.

That is stupid, as in other countries most cars have their lights come on automatically if the car senses the lighting is not "upto standard" (and by this I mean what would be considered pretty bright in SL). You could just say your car was one of those. Or one of those moron Prados who run around with their lights on as well. Did you ask "what about them?"

Edited by SeanD

some of them cant even read whats written on the licence.... also the ones who try to show the power more r the ones in blue shirts. etc

Blue shirts? Aren't those the guys from the NTC? Don't think they stop anything other than busses...and I've only ever seen them on green path or near the museum...

I don't think the cops could really fine you for flashing lights, cause the ultimate result is a good one - somebody will slow down, or avoid cutting lines.

Well if someone does slow down that means he was speeding before isnt it ? which implies that he is guilty and you just gave him a free pass.

Even if these drivers slow down when you flash your lights whats to guarantee that they will Drive safe after they pass the cop ?

the way i see it people tend to forget things that are learnt easily, if one is actually fined and has to spend an entire day in courts and go through hell because of speeding im pretty sure they will be much more careful the next time ( like me :rolleyes: )

Guys you do realize how unethical this whole thread is right ? its like a thread on "How to rob a bank and get away" and i cant believe some of you are actually contributing <_<

Edited by The Stig

That is stupid, as in other countries most cars have their lights come on automatically if the car senses the lighting is not "upto standard" (and by this I mean what would be considered pretty bright in SL). You could just say your car was one of those. Or one of those moron Prados who run around with their lights on as well. Did you ask "what about them?"

Sean,

The argument route doesn't end that well. Problem is these morons can charge you for anything. Say if you flash your lights to signal for other cops and you get stopped. What if he wrote you a ticket for reckless driving? You can't argue this in court. And this is a very serious problem.

Mate..you are right..air bags will still work even if the passengers not wearing seat belts..it's more dangerous the activation of airbags when the passengers are not wearing seat belt..coz in case of a front impact..there is a definite chance of breaking the neck of the passenger as the airbag pressure and the passengers movement towards the airbags collied each other... :unsure:

dude wat the hell r u talking? airbags are not puching bags that attack ur face! they are meant to save a human being from injury during an accident. whats the use of it if the passenger is goin to break his neck anyway? ROFL! :action-smiley-060:

dude wat the hell r u talking? airbags are not puching bags that attack ur face! they are meant to save a human being from injury during an accident. whats the use of it if the passenger is goin to break his neck anyway? ROFL! :action-smiley-060:

I think you haven't read what i wrote... :action-smiley-060: I have clearly mentioned If the seat belt is not wearing :action-smiley-060: airbags are effective with the seat belts man...airbags alone will not save the life... :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1