• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cops On The Streets!

ROFLMAO!!! A shameless ruling class moron in da houz!! Is this minister really your uncle or you know someone who washes his car or dog? Or are you one of these morons who drive around with the Presidents picture on the windscreen?

What else can you tell us about yourself machang, apart from your bad taste in cars?

whoa! look whos talking :lol:

his peon visits ur house wen ur away too, :rolleyes: dnt ask me why :P

dude wat the hell r u talking? airbags are not puching bags that attack ur face! they are meant to save a human being from injury during an accident. whats the use of it if the passenger is goin to break his neck anyway? ROFL! :action-smiley-060:

Type 'airbag injury' on Google. You might learn something.

2. They like being addressed as "Ralahami". If you follow this they will also wholeheartedly call you "Mahaththaya". Then with the mutual respect the deal is easy. So dont try to be a wise ass, however educated you are or how ever much money you have, if you want the shortest way out of your fine.

Not exactly right master. I was once copped at thorana junction, Peliyagoda for crossing the Kandy road forcibly during traffic hours and this hidden cop (well built dark 6 footer) whistled at me and asked me to stop. I camly responded "Dekke ne Ralahamy" when he walked over to me. then this guy replied "Dakin nethi wenna mama heluwellen da Booruwo".

All I wanted to say was that If I had seen him I wouldnt have breached his hand signals. Long story short- I ended up with a fine

I later found out that he was the Traffic OIC (Pushpa***ra) at Peliyagoda police at that time and "ralahamy" term initiated all that debacle.

I didnt know to identify their titles by the stars in their uniforms. My father gave me a 2 hr lecture on how to read the stars, but still I dont remember those.

However I now use this rule of thumb - I call every cop "SIR" :rolleyes:

That is stupid, as in other countries most cars have their lights come on automatically if the car senses the lighting is not "upto standard" (and by this I mean what would be considered pretty bright in SL). You could just say your car was one of those. Or one of those moron Prados who run around with their lights on as well. Did you ask "what about them?"

No, I just talked nice and made him feel good about his preachings and finally he let me go without a bribe or a fine :). Since I was flashing, rather than keeping the lights constantly on, I don't think the whole automatic theory would work.

One thing I learned about cops is that, if you make them feel important, sometimes they let you off the hook.

whoa! look whos talking :lol:

his peon visits ur house wen ur away too, :rolleyes: dnt ask me why :P

Ah, yes, that was your father, came to borrow some SuperGlue because he says his retarded son has used it all sticking bits and pieces on his car. He is convinced that his son is not 'his' because he has an uncanny resemblance to the local politician. Quite a sport, your momma, eh?

• Like 4

Ah, yes, that was your father, came to borrow some SuperGlue because he says his retarded son has used it all sticking bits and pieces on his car. He is convinced that his son is not 'his' because he has an uncanny resemblance to the local politician. Quite a sport, your momma, eh?

what does the bugger have.. he says he has a B4 on the profile.. please tell me he hasnt ruined that car with stickers and what not...

Not exactly right master. I was once copped at thorana junction, Peliyagoda for crossing the Kandy road forcibly during traffic hours and this hidden cop (well built dark 6 footer) whistled at me and asked me to stop. I camly responded "Dekke ne Ralahamy" when he walked over to me. then this guy replied "Dakin nethi wenna mama heluwellen da Booruwo".

All I wanted to say was that If I had seen him I wouldnt have breached his hand signals. Long story short- I ended up with a fine

I later found out that he was the Traffic OIC (Pushpa***ra) at Peliyagoda police at that time and "ralahamy" term initiated all that debacle.

I didnt know to identify their titles by the stars in their uniforms. My father gave me a 2 hr lecture on how to read the stars, but still I dont remember those.

I never call them sir and I don't encourage anyone to use it either. Always call 'em officer regardless of the rank and it had always worked and they of course respect you too.

• Like 1

dude wat the hell r u talking? airbags are not puching bags that attack ur face! they are meant to save a human being from injury during an accident. whats the use of it if the passenger is goin to break his neck anyway? ROFL! :action-smiley-060:

Punching bags dont attack your face dumbass :action-smiley-060:

“If you do not wear a seatbelt, the airbag can be a weapon, a source of injury. If you do wear a seatbelt, the airbag most likely will be helpful,” said study coauthor William F. Donaldson III, a Pitt associate professor of orthopaedic surgery and neurological surgery and chief of the Division of Spinal Surgery. “By not buckling your seatbelt, you increase the likelihood of a spinal fracture and spinal cord injury when your airbag deploys in a frontal collision.”

http://www.chronicle.pitt.edu/media/pcc040719/seatbelt_airbag.html

hopefully you will be able to read this, or should i dumb it down for you ?

Listen man its obvious you don't know what you are talking about here so why dont you just stick to your glued on intercooler thread

have you even been through the process of paying a fine?

Actually I have: I got pulled over for speeding en route to Anuradhapura. It wasn't too bad at all; I was pulled over mid-morning and the copper was polite enough, plus there was a sub-post office a couple of kilometres away where I paid the fine and headed back with the receipt to claim my license. All in all it added about half an hour to my journey but then again it was my fault for speeding so I really can't complain. My only critique is that the process was such that I couldn't pay the fine at my leisure online, or at my local post office post-journey.

My friend was going to get away with buying a couple of phone cards for the cop, until his drunk friend decided to yell "Ay ralahami, dan walkie talkie Kit card walinda weda karannyeee?" :D

That's hilarious!! I bet that interaction didn't go down too well!! :D

Edited by Kavvz

On my way to Batti a few weeks ago I got pulled over in Minneriya by 2 traffic cops. Wasn't speeding, wasn't crossing any lines, nothing. I stopped, killed the engine, took my docs and opened the door, when they both came up to me and asked, 'Mahaththaya mokadda me car eka?'... :)

They sat inside, felt it, and said 'sorry' for stopping me... :)

Ah... you meet the nicest people when you drive an Alfa... ;)

And then on the way back got copped for speeding ( A respectable 130Kmph in the Alfa) I was beaming when they showed me the display but they were clearly not. Slapped me with a court appearance. :)

They were not so nice... the bstds. ;(

They said 80-90, they would have let me go, but not for 130Kmph. Funny thing is I was slowing down at the time as I got warned by another driver

ah...i have met this legendary traffic cop in the cop shed.

he was was blasting away one dude who had tried to bribe him :)

also slammed him like a pick pocket for trying to go through a politician and bypass the copper.

quite the character :)

and yeah...

1+ with harshan...

i too call them "officer" :)

Hey but don't you think like we shouldn't pay exactly the amount they expect from us, like say the full amount of the fine. Like I always, pay 300-500/= range lol

Main reason i paid him 1000bucks was i didnt have change on me & also i didnt want to go on arguing with him. becoz i didnt want to go through the hassel if he had put me to courts.

Blue shirts? Aren't those the guys from the NTC? Don't think they stop anything other than busses...and I've only ever seen them on green path or near the museum...

Ya "Gambatta's" the buggers hang out with traffic cops sometimes & they have the biggest mouths too

WTF loser i have a life and i damn proud of it you are the one who bic#ing right now dummy :angry-smiley-048:

this is what you really thinks? :huh:

Please learn how to spell before making a comment again.(WTF is a bic#ing?) any further comments by you would be ignored by me. have a good day. :rolleyes:

Actually I have: I got pulled over for speeding en route to Anuradhapura. It wasn't too bad at all; I was pulled over mid-morning and the copper was polite enough, plus there was a sub-post office a couple of kilometres away where I paid the fine and headed back with the receipt to claim my license. All in all it added about half an hour to my journey but then again it was my fault for speeding so I really can't complain. My only critique is that the process was such that I couldn't pay the fine at my leisure online, or at my local post office post-journey.

That happens when you're very, very lucky. I managed that way once. But try getting copped on a Sunday on your way back from a trip. Post offices tend to be closed.

Edited by Pericles

Now the process is even more tedious isn't it? Even if it is not a court case, you have to go the police station and get collect some papers first before going to the post office to pay. Then you need to take the paid receipt back to the Police station. So you need to go twice to the PS.

Edited by lkRaven

On my way to Batti a few weeks ago I got pulled over in Minneriya by 2 traffic cops. Wasn't speeding, wasn't crossing any lines, nothing. I stopped, killed the engine, took my docs and opened the door, when they both came up to me and asked, 'Mahaththaya mokadda me car eka?'... :)

They sat inside, felt it, and said 'sorry' for stopping me... :)

this happned to me a lot in the astina.. ko mekey light.. then i would turn them on... and there goes the questions.. my GF used to get pissed as she would always get late while i explain to the cops how the mechnisum works..

there was this one guy.. "light udata enkota petrol yanawada.."

had a time and half with these sorta incidents....

Now the process is even more tedious isn't it? Even if it is not a court case, you have to go the police station and get collect some papers first before going to the post office to pay. Then you need to take the paid receipt back to the Police station. So you need to go twice to the PS.

That has always been the case, but sometimes some cops carry the fine sheet with them and they give it to you then and there. Once on the way to Haputhale I got copped for crossing the line. They were standing close to a sub-post office, and they gave me the sheet then and there and I had the matter settled in 15 minutes. Nice bunch of cops too. I didn't argue as I was in fact on the wrong trying to overtake a 3-wheeler. It was a busy day for them as its a killer turn and they were in the best place to catch offenders from both sides.

this happned to me a lot in the astina.. ko mekey light.. then i would turn them on... and there goes the questions.. my GF used to get pissed as she would always get late while i explain to the cops how the mechnisum works..

there was this one guy.. "light udata enkota petrol yanawada.."

had a time and half with these sorta incidents....

eka nam nayek wage....

:P

just kidding man!!

eka nam nayek wage....

:P

just kidding man!!

do u think by lieing i get gifts in this forum... belive me there are more rediculus things asked from me by various people who seemed to a little bit more interlectual than the cops while i owned that car..

why the cop asked me that was i think he probably though since the engine was running it was activated by some belts or something since the bonnet was closed... or maybe he was just an idiot....

and PS: lakshank: dont try to undermine my posts by stating remarks like above.. u dont wanna end up like some idiots in this forum.... think i have given u a fair explaination also...

Edited by charitha19

I never call them sir and I don't encourage anyone to use it either. Always call 'em officer regardless of the rank and it had always worked and they of course respect you too.

I guess we cant agree on a clear cut mehod then guys. Addressing "Rlahami" has helped me in most cases, probably I have not been stopped by high-ranking officers. I too am totally blind and can't notice the stars or whats meant by them. I guess, generally speaking "starred" cops may not respond to that address very well.

Initially I used to address them as "Officer", but more often than not, they take it offensive. One time a guy asked me, "Mahattaya officer officer kiyala katha karanne api baya wei kiyala hithuwada. Api baya na oya mona lokka awath..." :lol:

Afterall, can't go and address "Sir" to those crooks right? When most respected and educated personalities prefer them being addressed by first name in the modern culture.