• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Maintanence

rover

The following is an extract from the Prius user guide.Sorry I didn't have time to scan it.

Key specifications

Gasoline engine : 76hp, 1.5l Aluminium alloy engine

Electric motor : 67hp, permanant magnet motor

and it also states,

During full accelaration, such as climbing a hill, both the gasolene engine and the electric motor power the vehicle.

dude... you sound desperate... just.. seriously...

a hybrid will always be a hybrid no matter how much HP they got...

everyone trying to get the best KMPL and ruin others life's..

i dont know whether this should come under this topic, i have been wondering whether is it ok to change the wheels(alloy wheel) in hybrid vehicles such as in Civic( its looks damn ugly)

+1

dude... you sound desperate... just.. seriously...

a hybrid will always be a hybrid no matter how much HP they got...

everyone trying to get the best KMPL and ruin others life's..

+1

Yeah, I know man. A hybrid will always be a hybrid. Never liked bigger HP. It was just an answer for someones question. :)

• Like 1

Yep.

If that answer makes you feel better. :D

oh god... no answer will make me feel better.. i just wanna know what kinda psycho i am dealing with..

but if that's the reason u bought a priass u are a bigger idiot than i thought.. but then again looking at ur car history this doesn't surprise me too..

oh god... no answer will make me feel better.. i just wanna know what kinda psycho i am dealing with..

but if that's the reason u bought a priass u are a bigger idiot than i thought.. but then again looking at ur car history this doesn't surprise me too..

Look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

you know you can click on that plus next to my post! :P and i dint get a answer for my question :(

Sorry mate, If you do a search you'll get your answer.But at the moment there's some problem with the web site so you can try it later.

In my opinion modifications to hybrid car wheels are not recommended. better to stick to the manufacturer's recomendations.

Edited by rover

you know you can click on that plus next to my post! :P and i dint get a answer for my question :(

lol, that + is to get the reputation up, by saying +1, its like, supports that question mate :P

and yea i too find the civics wheels butt ugly

oh so u bought a pri-ass because u don't like Horsepower.. really?

You're being a little to vehement and its not coming off well. You should know, plenty of people just want cars for their A-to-B running, not for fun. That's why the Corolla and now the Prius sold so much. Just don't bother with those people.

• Like 2

lol, that + is to get the reputation up, by saying +1, its like, supports that question mate :P

and yea i too find the civics wheels butt ugly

but it can be changed right? like in Gasoline and Diesel vehicles?

Edited by Magnum

You're being a little to vehement and its not coming off well. You should know, plenty of people just want cars for their A-to-B running, not for fun. That's why the Corolla and now the Prius sold so much. Just don't bother with those people.

true but then again there are plenty of cheaper vehicles to go from point A to B. horsepower shuldnt even be in the picture..

i think yes you can, i have seen a handful of prius,s with after market alloys.

both 2nd and 3rd generations. and actually saw a white prius with a body kit and black alloys,

looked really nice though

Toyota to recall some hybrids, especially SUVs!!!!

http://www.freep.com/article/20110630/BUSINESS01/106300518/Toyota-recall-hybrid-SUVs

"The car giant said the recall will involve Highlander and Lexus-brand hybrid SUVs from its 2006 and 2007 lines. The action covers just the vehicles sold in the U.S., with no other models affected"

seems like it wont affect the domestic models running in SL, but there will be an impact on the second hand market of hybrids.

It the Prius apparently the wheels and the wheel cups are used for aero dynamic efficiency, so it's not advisable to swap but haven't heard anything about the civic. Do a bit of research on Google before going ahead with the swap.