• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tire Brands

da coolest

The last tire set i bought was a goodyear set and I'm totally disappointed with it. Still they aren't worn out and the tire treads are in good shape. But all fours tires were getting damages and patches continuously. Recently I have noticed that there are big cracks around the tire and they are failing to hold the pressure as well. Most of the brands that can be found in tire shops are usually Malaysian, Korean or Chinese stuff and I wonder how good they are for that price. I need your recommendations and i would highly appreciate if you can share your experiences on different brands as well.

Edited by da coolest

The last tire set i bought was a goodyear set and I'm totally disappointed with it. Still they aren't worn out and the tire treads are in good shape. But all fours tires were getting damages and patches continuously. Recently I have noticed that there are big cracks around the tire and they are failing to hold the pressure as well. Most of the brands that can be found in tire shops are usually Malaysian, Korean or Chinese stuff and I wonder how good they are for that price. I need your recommendations and i would highly appreciate if you can share your experiences on different brands as well.

You might wanna check the manufacture date on the tyre...

In the past I have always stuck with Kumho as my budget option. But these days I don't think Kumho is considered a budget option due to price. At the lower end I think Nankang GT Radial and Silverstone are also good options. But if you can stretch your budget a bit I recommend Dunlop (made in Japan version), Falken (made in japan) as I've always had good experiences with them.

how old is the tire set?

Got a set of Yomohama S Drive...pretty expensive but super tire.....

Yokos are excellent Tires, but usually do not last as long as an equivalent Bridgestone or Dunlop.

When you're buying a premium tires you may also want to consider how often they need replacing.... :)

Yokos are excellent Tires, but usually do not last as long as an equivalent Bridgestone or Dunlop.

When you're buying a premium tires you may also want to consider how often they need replacing.... :)

I guess it also depends on the requirement....my requirement is optimum grip & im getting it with the tires i bought...im not sure how long they last....but im perfectly satisfied with them...they are as good as slicks :)

Most of the brands that can be found in tire shops are usually Malaysian, Korean or Chinese stuff and I wonder how good they are for that price.

Bought a set of achilles(sp?) tires (made in indonesia) for my SUV today and they seem to have a pretty good grip. Only time will tell how they hold up though. Was forced to go with them as a set of Falkens would set me back 100k.

Bought a set of achilles(sp?) tires (made in indonesia) for my SUV today and they seem to have a pretty good grip. Only time will tell how they hold up though. Was forced to go with them as a set of Falkens would set me back 100k.

tried the same brand for the 406 about 4 years back and it was a rotational set which can only be used in one rotational direction. Grip i wasn't satisfied at all and in the rain it was slipping like lady fingers. But durable? yes. Lasted 4 plus years in my kind of driving and not a single puncture till i threw them off and still some threads were remaining.

Went for dunlop afterwards and i clearly felt the better grip of dunlop. Even look wise the dunlops were better but wear and tear is high as i've monitored.

The recommended life of a tier is 6yrs, so it is better to buy from a new stock if using for a while.

I think the cheepest jap tier (SUV)is falken and i've used it simillar performance as the geolander (yokohama) probably better than the bridgeston-dueler

• Like 1

Today I went to a tire shop and they showed me a Good year tire that claiming a mileage of 130000kms. The cost is roughly 9k. Anybody know about this?

Which Goodyear tyre? There are so many...

Anyway, I would be skeptical of any tire that claims 130000 km in that price range, especially in Sri Lanka, given our road conditions. IMHO this is a very poor and dangerous way to market this stuff in the local conditions.

Edited by SeanD

Guys, any opinions on the Bridgestone Turanza AR10? On the hunt for tyres for the Passat and these seem like a good bet. Reviews online are decent but i'd like to have a real world opinion as well.

I got Turanzas on the two rear wheels of my car and GT Champiros on the front wheels (same size, just different brands). Purchased B/N a couple of years back. By looking at the wear, I would expect them to run about 50000kms. All four are made in Indonesia. No issues with both brands. They are quite comfy but absolutely nowhere near Yokohamas. The best tyres I used were Yokohamas on my Mini. Cost me an arm and a leg though.

Edited by Crosswind

Today I went to a tire shop and they showed me a Good year tire that claiming a mileage of 130000kms. The cost is roughly 9k. Anybody know about this?

wow that is a higher mileage for that price :o they maybe lying.

Guys, any opinions on the Bridgestone Turanza AR10? On the hunt for tyres for the Passat and these seem like a good bet. Reviews online are decent but i'd like to have a real world opinion as well.

One of my friends has Turanza's on his car (Honda Civic 06 model), bought them a couple of years ago, lasted for about 30,000 km's so far, but the treads are kinda low now, I heard (not sure how accurate though) that they're good tyres but don't have a very long life span...

Mate what about Pirelli? I checked on this tyre called the Pirelli P6000 about a year back n it was about 11thou a tyre, but apparently the grip is supposed to be pretty darn good... :unsure:

Great Choice! I am running 225/16s on the Alfa and they grip well. So far not encountered any loss of traction despite ea few very very tight situations, even in the wet.

Go for Achilles. YOu wanna test drive a set attached to 3.0 V6? ? :)

Which Goodyear tyre? There are so many...

Anyway, I would be skeptical of any tire that claims 130000 km in that price range, especially in Sri Lanka, given our road conditions. IMHO this is a very poor and dangerous way to market this stuff in the local conditions.

It's "Duraplus" made in Indonesia and it is mentioned in the sticker in the tire "Claimed mileage is by goodyear testing division on 185/65r14 tires in Thailand roads" or something like that.And the dealer said that agents are saying that it will run at least 80k in sri lankan roads.