• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

This is another engine.I do have the Ram ambulance engine too.Me going through a V8 phase now...Also a Rover twin carb V8 is also within my sights.

Seems like u got a lot of old V8s lying around, and I cant help notice all the big talk of dropping a V8 here and V12 there.... but would you mind enlightening us noobs on an actual project YOU have done with a V8 ? If there is a thread on something like that please direct us to it...

I am honestly asking this as I am quite interested to see a proper build like the one on the Mini V-tec conversion

Edited by CARBON B4

Seems like u got a lot of old V8s lying around, and I cant help notice all the big talk of dropping a V8 here and V12 there.... but would you mind enlightening us noobs on an actual project YOU have done with a V8 ? If there is a thread on something like that please direct us to it...

I am honestly asking this as I am quite interested to see a proper build like the one on the Mini V-tec conversion

here we go.....

Whether the hybrids will do good or not, fitting a 1.3ltr with IMA in that CIVC is really bad for the reputation of that car cause, there are 1.6's, type Rs running with the same body figure, which will accidentally fall into that category. Civic (Hybrid) face won't go with the 1.3ltr engine. :sad-smiley-066:

Whether the hybrids will do good or not, fitting a 1.3ltr with IMA in that CIVC is really bad for the reputation of that car cause, there are 1.6's, type Rs running with the same body figure, which will accidentally fall into that category. Civic (Hybrid) face won't go with the 1.3ltr engine. :sad-smiley-066:

that doesn't even make sense. That's like saying "they shouldn't have 4-cylinder ford trucks because it will ruin the reputation of the big v8s."

civic is renowned for its performance, so does it make any sense to fit a 1.3ltr ? Trucks are a different story.

Renowned for it's performance? Really, and where may I ask did you come up with that?

The Civic is a family sedan/hatchback first and foremost... so a Hybrid fits with the times in that category.

and Fyi, a blinged out eg8 Vtec or Ek3 ViRS is NOT a performance car.

• Like 3

civic is renowned for its performance, so does it make any sense to fit a 1.3ltr ? Trucks are a different story.

lay off the ganja. The "civic is renowned for it's performance" only amongst ricers. Body kits and fart cannons aren't "performance."

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

Seems like u got a lot of old V8s lying around,

I do.Two to be exact.

and I cant help notice all the big talk of dropping a V8 here and V12 there....

it is not big talk.Well it may seem like magic to internet heroes like you but actually it is quiite simple.Far more amazing things have been done by members of this forum

but would you mind enlightening us noobs on an actual project YOU have done with a V8 ? If there is a thread on something like that please direct us to it...

Well err...As I said I haven't done any projects with a V8 yet.This is the first time around...but there are a couple of threads I posted whern I started out at AL.I put up pictures of my collection.Do a search....Bare in mind this was 2008 and my collection has multiplied two fold since and that I went by the name of HelRazor before I changed it to MD...
I am honestlyasking this as I am quite interested to see a proper build like the one on the Mini V-tec conversion

No you are not...Fake posers like think everybody is like you, just because you post BS anoynimously on a forum.You assume everybody here is a poser and a lier.You have no interest in my projects or the cars I have.

And please remember there are lots of guys with amazing car collections at AL....they just don't shout about it like I do.

Edited by MasterDon

Been watching too much fast and the furious have we ? ? ?

FYI saying that just cause the engines keep getting smaller they still dont have any juice in them is pretty stupid, as technology advances people find out ways to squeeze out more HP per Litre.

Edited by The Stig

Been watching too much fast and the furious have we ? ? ?

FYI saying that just cause the engines keep getting smaller they still dont have any juice in them is pretty stupid, as technology advances people find out ways to squeeze out more HP per Litre.

plus there are more manufacturers now that are trying to reduce the size of the motor and install turbo chargers to compensate.

All I see is a lot of BS talk... and a guy with a identity crisis....

Wow you've turned full time troll haven't you?...LOL...first they argue,and they protest,then they troll and then vanish never to be seen again.We have seen this cycle happen many a time.

Well it may be BS to you.But collecting cars,restoring,performance modding,DIY stuff & doing gas guzzler projects is what the regulars here do...If you think that is BS then you are in the wrong forum mate.Try Elakiri.lk.

Next time please quote my posts when you replying directly to me...

Wow you've turned full time troll haven't you?...LOL...first they argue,and they protest,then they troll and then vanish never to be seen again.We have seen this cycle happen many a time.

Well it may be BS to you.But collecting cars,restoring,performance modding,DIY stuff & doing gas guzzler projects is what the regulars here do...If you think that is BS then you are in the wrong forum mate.Try Elakiri.lk.

For some reason, these retards always seem to be attracted to you....

You seem to just a big talker,

Instead of talking about stuff u plan to do with V8s u inherited from your grandmother, why dont u just talk of a actual performance modification u have done...

You are no better than that Zambo guy......

Actually, MD do have quite a lot of metal thrown about in his compound more than you can ever imagine. I seriously doubt that he needs to prove himself to some wannabe rice boy whose only idea of a performance car is a hand me down ricer that goes Pshhhtttt Pssshhhhttttt at every colour light.

Whether he does a V8/V12 swap or not, I know a few on AL he will drop a call to come and see, but I doubt he will make it a public announcement.

• Like 1

For some reason, these retards always seem to be attracted to you....

Lol yeah...maybe its cos I'm the shoutiest of the lot...

You seem to just a big talker,

Instead of talking about stuff u plan to do with V8s u inherited from your grandmother, why dont u just talk of a actual performance modification u have done...

You are no better than that Zambo guy......

Aiyyo I've replied to this already massina...So why the sudden trolling eh?Is it cos I said your posts are just recycled posts of other members?...Truth hurts doesn't it?

Actually, MD do have quite a lot of metal thrown about in his compound more than you can ever imagine. I seriously doubt that he needs to prove himself to some wannabe rice boy whose only idea of a performance car is a hand me down ricer that goes Pshhhtttt Pssshhhhttttt at every colour light.

Whether he does a V8/V12 swap or not, I know a few on AL he will drop a call to come and see, but I doubt he will make it a public announcement.

No use machan....Buggers who are used to the tiny corrolla/axio engines can't even imagine an engine bigger than that ...Nariyata V8 Magic kiwwalu.. :P

BTW Next time you post about your rides,Make sure you include proof of your two 6 pots for the benifit of carbon b4.

Hybrid vehicles suceed in japan USA Europe and now in srilanka , it's normal country like srilanka's some ordinary people having this anti-Hybrid sentiment coz we are very conservative, many people prefer corollas civics sunnys but in the world's old continent(Europe) hybrid vehicles are more than civic's,corolla's & sunny's

Hybrid vehicle such as third generation prius(2010) can match to a 2500 cc engine capacity car coz 1.8 litre engine +plus High power electric motor.(even world's fastest train TGV driven by electric motors) this is to give some idea to all these anti hybrid people.

Of course. It cheaper and does better on fuel. I'm sure the millions of people who love A to B transport would love it. But if you think it'll get popular on AL... well, wrong target market. Basically you're peddling your BS in the wrong place. I hear there is a hybrid specific forum, why don't you try your sales there?

Your lordship seems to have woken up on the wrong side of his bed. Reporting motor vehicle news is not "peddling" or "selling" or "marketing" - it's just reporting motor vehicle news. Perhaps repeating the phrase "Hybrids are motor vehicles too." on a regular basis would be of benefit towards your lordship having a more balanced state of mind.

• Like 1

Hybrid vehicles suceed in japan USA Europe and now in srilanka , it's normal country like srilanka's some ordinary people having this anti-Hybrid sentiment coz we are very conservative, many people prefer corollas civics sunnys but in the world's old continent(Europe) hybrid vehicles are more than civic's,corolla's & sunny's

Hybrid vehicle such as third generation prius(2010) can match to a 2500 cc engine capacity car coz 1.8 litre engine +plus High power electric motor.(even world's fastest train TGV driven by electric motors) this is to give some idea to all these anti hybrid people.

listen mate u are an idiot.. no one here is anti hybrid.. no one cares if u own one or the rest of the world owns one.. its ones taste.. its good for people who want a comfortable a to b ride.. thats it.. its just that people like me will never buy one until we are forced to buy one.. even still i will surly keep a proper car hidden away to use.

and no ur prius cant match a 2500 CC engine power output yet.., maybe it will someday... sorry just not now.. and to tell u the truth a 1000 CC mini will out run a prius without even blinking..

Your lordship seems to have woken up on the wrong side of his bed. Reporting motor vehicle news is not "peddling" or "selling" or "marketing" - it's just reporting motor vehicle news. Perhaps repeating the phrase "Hybrids are motor vehicles too." on a regular basis would be of benefit towards your lordship having a more balanced state of mind.

Perhaps your idiotship should take another look at the post I replied to. You offered an opinion, I replied to your opinion. That's not "just" reporting news.

what does a conservative country and an electric train have to do with people bieng anti-hybrid? You need to stop talking out of your a$$.