• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Like Supra, you're talking out of your ass about something you know very little :rolleyes: about.

Excuse me, I'm talking about something that I'm very familiar with. Namely that you are a lying bullshit artist.

The entire post was about your behaviour, and you failed to understand that and reposted a bunch of old stuff you googled about a car. :rolleyes:

Now go away Cali.

Fourthly, changing the inverter coolant pump is a a relatively easy 1hour job that any baas or home mechanic can do. Many Prius owners have changed the pump themselves at home, and there are plenty of instructions online.

How do you know what prius drivers do (or don't do) at home? And how much is "many"?

How do you know what prius drivers do (or don't do) at home? And how much is "many"?

pardon me Californikan, This Watchman guy got a good point out of you. US and Canadian mostly like to drive corvette or something similar, but they usually represent the environment friendly Hybrid Gen because to tell the world they hate pollution. But as I said they always behind a giant engine while promoting Hybrids.

changing the inverter coolant pump is a a relatively easy 1hour job that any baas or home mechanic can do. Many Prius owners have changed the pump themselves at home, and there are plenty of instructions online.

:cough: :cough: I guess someone who doesnt know their hub caps from alloys wont be able to do this, shame no ?

BTW im still waiting for you to point out the occasions where you "owned and brutilated" me :rolleyes:

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

Excuse me, I'm talking about something that I'm very familiar with. Namely that you are a lying bullshit artist.

The entire post was about your behaviour, and you failed to understand that and reposted a bunch of old stuff you googled about a car. :rolleyes:

Now go away Cali.

My entire post was about your behavior and how you talk out of your ass about things you know little about. I can tell you still haven't looked at the chart, so you still continue to talk out of your ass.

If you bothered to educate yourself, you would have seen that its the 2004-2006 Prii that mostly needed new inverter pumps. Not the 2007-2010 Prii that were imported to SL. You post about a not informing about a defect is yet another example of your ridiculous posts.

But then again, being a hater is your primary mission, not facts.

you talk out of your ass about things you know little about.

that's a pretty rich comment from you after the whole hub caps saga machang! :P

hate to break the party....carry on! :D

• Like 2

Has anyone body noticed that Cali keeps trying to copy me? :lol: You know what they say about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery.

Nice try kid, but not upto the mark. You aren't quite there yet. And by there yet, I mean at that Hola level. He tried following that path too. :lol:

Hey Peepz!!! It's a newbie in town, so don't try to brutally give me a KO. Well as per my local researches, I would predict that the Hybrid's will dominate the Sri Lankan market. You may be aware of the new tax increase and the end users are just as confused as we are on this poll. See, for an example I just cleared a Suzuki Alto 2010/10, where I landed paying a duty for LKR 2.2m. So there you have it. So how much would that towny be worth? 3.8mil.. So there you have the figures.. The future on the automotive importation in Sri Lanka is gonna be really high, so people have no other option and just to switch to hybrid's which are fully loaded with high specs and comfort. So hopefully the market would be dominated by Toyota Prius and Toyota Aqua in future with high numbers and seconding with Honda Insight, Honda Fit and Honda Freed Hybrid.. Cheers..

• Like 1

In my opinion, whats wrong in saving the energy wasted by the engine and reusing them later? I don't get this hatred about hybrids mostly in AL forums. (but yes, we have a high vote count for the poll for 'yes' to hybrids:p)

Yes this is a new technology and there may be failures (like Nissan couldn't build any family car with fuel efficient engines yet:D), but for a fact we know that we cannot live indefinitely rely on gas (at least our children) so we need alternatives. Its pretty crazy to see status messages like "drive a hybrid, i need gas" unless you're a old jerk who will die in 5,10 years. (no offense)

We will have many more companies investing on hybrids in future, so I believe yes, it will be the future.

Edited by razordj

After razordj's speech, I saw Saudi Arab's Prince "Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud" drives a Prius to save fuel...

P.S. Talking about Fuel saving and environment friendly on Hybrids we always on Prius and Insight.

But there are SUVs and Lux Sedans too. Like Toyota Crown and Lexus Rx450h. Who is fool Geno to say that they save fuel and environment? Simple Hybrid badge on a rear end don't save fuel or environment.. Ah.. got another News that France's new president Francois Hollande selected Hybrid as his state car. Is that make him green dude?

Edited by T-Bag

P.S. Talking about Fuel saving and environment friendly on Hybrids we always on Prius and Insight.

But there are SUVs and Lux Sedans too. Like Toyota Crown and Lexus Rx450h. Who is fool Geno to say that they save fuel and environment?

Why do you even try to compare a SUV hybrid's "fuel economy?". It was designed to gain more performance while preserving "some" fuel. (especially in cold whether)

And thats what I mentioned in the above topic about reusing the energy that is wasted.

And forget that save the planet, save the trees marketing hypes. They are just like "Don't print this email to save trees" while clearing out 100s of acres of forests for development projects:p

What I'm saying is that, fuel will be over.. sooner or later. So is there any other alternative that we can think of?

(now god, anybody please don't post links to wind powered cars :D)

Why do you even try to compare a SUV hybrid's "fuel economy?". It was designed to gain more performance while preserving "some" fuel. (especially in cold whether)

And thats what I mentioned in the above topic about reusing the energy that is wasted.

And forget that save the planet, save the trees marketing hypes. They are just like "Don't print this email to save trees" while clearing out 100s of acres of forests for development projects:p

What I'm saying is that, fuel will be over.. sooner or later. So is there any other alternative that we can think of?

(now god, anybody please don't post links to wind powered cars :D)

i think there are two problems.

One is emissions issues cos air pollution really is a big problem.

The other of course as you say, fossil fuel stocks running out on us.

I dont know the feasibility of this but things like bio diesel can be alternative solution to problem #2

The larger problem still is, air pollution. Everyone who has an interest in these things should watch al gore's documentary "an inconvenient truth" if they haven't done so already. pretty scary stuff!

As for your earlier post about people here hating hybrids..... i think that's a misconception.

Most people hated certain individuals for certain things they were posting here. And even when folks dint jump and embraced hybrids, they had valid reasons for it. Nobody bashed hybrids just to get a kick out it.

just my 2c

In my opinion, whats wrong in saving the energy wasted by the engine and reusing them later? I don't get this hatred about hybrids mostly in AL forums. (but yes, we have a high vote count for the poll for 'yes' to hybrids:p)

Yes this is a new technology and there may be failures (like Nissan couldn't build any family car with fuel efficient engines yet:D), but for a fact we know that we cannot live indefinitely rely on gas (at least our children) so we need alternatives. Its pretty crazy to see status messages like "drive a hybrid, i need gas" unless you're a old jerk who will die in 5,10 years. (no offense)

We will have many more companies investing on hybrids in future, so I believe yes, it will be the future.

FYI nissan leaf nissan sunny B210 nissan sunny SB13 and sb14 bluebird u13 (diesels) ........ those cars are nissans and they are fuel efficient.

Hasn't it occurred to you that the Toyota engineers have thought about how to safeguard the inverter if the coolant pump or something else were to pack up? And hasn't it occurred to you that Toyota has built multiple layers of safeguards into hybrid synergy drive to protect the inverter, battery and hybrid system?

On something that has nothing to do with Hybrids....You would imagine that a car manufacturer as large as Toyota would assume that..but uhh..NO ! I have many many personal experiences that prove otherwise all the way from Toyota Japan right across the globe. So makes you wonder if these manufacturers really know how cars actually run in the real world.

If Japanese manufacturers know that 90% of JDM cars they sell will be exported out of Japan at some point in their life, why can't they install Navigation and Vehicle control systems that can be easily updated/upgraded to a language that..I don't know...the rest of the world could easily understand (think of all the forum posts on AL that it would save !!). Oh wait...it would cost them US$150 more per car...hmm...

Sorry..I m just !#@$ed of at Toyota right now...a different stoyy for another day...

Now getting back on topic...I think the Prius is the most magnificent and most beautiful car on the face of this planet and there will be no other ! In fact I love it so much...I am planning on buying a 3Gen Prius and fitting it with a beautiful sounding V12..naturally aspirated of course...need that heavy deep hollow to get my heart pumping...Then the Prius will not only look hot but also SOUND hot !

I am sure my baas down the street can do it for me...he can fix anything !

Unfortunately, by improving efficiency you will not save resources. All these efficiencies lead to more and more consumption and this is what happened though out the history. This is obvious with the emerging hybrid SUVs and other hybrid sports cars to fill the vacuum.

We don’t hate the hybrids, but the myths, hype, misconceptions, and the false propaganda about the environmental friendliness

..like Nissan couldn't build any family car with fuel efficient engines yet...

It looks like you hate Nissan ?

As for your earlier post about people here hating hybrids..... i think that's a misconception.

Most people hated certain individuals for certain things they were posting here. And even when folks dint jump and embraced hybrids, they had valid reasons for it. Nobody bashed hybrids just to get a kick out it.

Makes sense

i think there are two problems.

One is emissions issues cos air pollution really is a big problem.

The other of course as you say, fossil fuel stocks running out on us.

I dont know the feasibility of this but things like bio diesel can be alternative solution to problem #2

The larger problem still is, air pollution. Everyone who has an interest in these things should watch al gore's documentary "an inconvenient truth" if they haven't done so already. pretty scary stuff!

Indeed its a problem, but I doubt whether the major culprits are emissions of vehicles and car manufacturers.

FYI nissan leaf nissan sunny B210 nissan sunny SB13 and sb14 bluebird u13 (diesels) ........ those cars are nissans and they are fuel efficient.

Thanks! And my dad owned a Bluebird too but not sure about the econ. What I mentioned about the recent Sunnys and Bluebird Sylphys which are much familiar within SL.

It looks like you hate Nissan ?

Only an idiot will hate 350z, 370zs and GTRs :)

Edited by razordj

Indeed its a problem, but I doubt whether the major culprits are emissions of vehicles and car manufacturers.

No it isn't. Shipping is a huge contributor to pollution, for example. It's massive compared to the emissions cars produce.

http://en.wikipedia....haust_emissions

But of course, driving a Prius will still save the planet, don't you know?

• Like 1

No it isn't. Shipping is a huge contributor to pollution, for example. It's massive compared to the emissions cars produce.

http://en.wikipedia....haust_emissions

But of course, driving a Prius will still save the planet, don't you know?

It's two separate, but connected ideas - global air pollution causes and local air pollution causes. Shipping is a huge contributor to the total global air pollution, but locally, in Colombo and Kandy, it's the hundreds of thousands of exhaust smoke spewing vehicles plying the roads that are the main cause of local air pollution.

It's two separate, but connected ideas - global air pollution causes and local air pollution causes. Shipping is a huge contributor to the total global air pollution, but locally, in Colombo and Kandy, it's the hundreds of thousands of exhaust smoke spewing vehicles plying the roads that are the main cause of local air pollution.

Dude did you mistakenly walk into Sau Paulo or some Chinese industrial town and imagine that you were in Colombo?

Because I'm fairly certain anyone who actually LIVES here instead of humping hybrids in connecticut will agree with me that you HAVE NO IDEA what it is actually like in either Colombo or Kandy... Where may I ask are these "hundreds of thousands of exhaust smoke spewing vehicles" that you are on about?

The stuff that comes out of you, sir is much more of a pollutant than anything that comes out of ANY tailpipe.

• Like 2

http://www.rrcap.une...anka/SRICH1.htm

worth a read. actually in SL, vehicular emissions indeed is a huge contributor

Dunno how accurate the data there is... The report says "99% of petrol vehicles use leaded gasoline"... Didnt we convert to unleaded a while back?