• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Do U Think About 3M Tint..?

rosh78

Well, crystalline is the only tint option for the front windscreen (except for the possibility of a dark strip on the top edge), so that's better than nothing; you can supplement that with a windscreen reflector.

For side windows, there's a big difference in privacy and looks for 3M dark tint vs. 3M crystalline, but I think the thermal difference is not so much (because the glasses are more-or-less vertical).

anyway, for when the car is parked, you should also use et reflectors; as I have an oversize windscreen I got a custom one done (and also for front windows - covers >90% of the window) for less than Rs. 1000.

IMHO it looks ugly to have dark tint on back windows and light tint on front, although that's what a lot of people do.

since you say you can get away with it, you can have dark tint on all 4 windows with holes for mirror visibility (looks a little odd, but not as odd as dark/light combo)

but if you don't like that, crystalline is the only tint option left. but only worth the price if you plan to use the car for a while :)

Thank you very much Sifaan for the valuable information. So its only option left is crystalline tint..:) So when doing the car with crystalline tint I should ask them whether is possible to avoid the 3M mark on side windows like the crystalline tint on winshields. I didn't like the logo in windows..:angry:

I think If somebody having a good reverse camera with night visibility..it's not much of a problem to tint the rear windshield..I did 3M tint to my previous AXIO but i didn't do it for the rear just to be in safe side.. :rolleyes: I used to fix two sun cutters at the back provided by the insurance company when i park..I think that would be the smart idea than tint the rear windshield. :rolleyes:

how did the tinting cost you?

@Az - how is it for general driving? (i.e. seeing what vehicles are behind you)

It is a bit difficult to see the vehicles behind me at night, but using their headlamps as a guide, you could judge the distance.

As i can remember i spent 12K for front wind-shield, 10K for rear wind-shield, 8K for windows in 2008 for 3M Chrysteline Tint.. :alc:

prices seem to be unchanged (ha! rare thing indeed that hasn't gone up in price over last 3 years :alc:) , recently my windscreen cost 12.4k and 4 windows cost 15.4k (i'm guessing it was 8k for 2 windows)

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Firstly sorry to bring back this old post again.

One of my friend has done a 3M tint to the Windscreen (3M Christaline - Clear type tint) of his car and now he is claiming that a mysterious mist if forming on his windscreen on rainy days..:angry-smiley-024: (He is actually blaming as i was the one who recommend it but i dnt have that issue in my car which i have them installed on all glasses)

I checked his A/C but seems no issue which that as its working fine and giving enough cooling..:(

Has anybody face this issue..?? Or do you think this is a installation error?? (Works on my car but not on smone elses car)

Hi All,

One of my friend has done a 3M tint to the Windscreen (3M Christaline - Clear type tint) of his car and now he is claiming that a mysterious mist if forming on his windscreen on rainy days..:angry-smiley-024: (He is actually blaming as i was the one who recommend it but i dnt have that issue in my car which i have them installed on all glasses)

I checked his A/C but seems no issue which that as its working fine and giving enough cooling..:(

Has anybody face this issue..?? Or do you think this is a installation error?? (Works on my car but not on smone elses car)

New Prices for 3M Chrystaline Tint - For a Suzuki Alto

Front WindScreen - 8700

Shutters - 13400

Rear WindScreen - 6800

(You guessed right, my friends car is a Suzuki Alto):jumping-smiley-013:

Hi All,

'kmeeg',

I have had experience in 3M tint by Kleen park, but the issue what you complain I never had. It is better to go back to the party who did the installation and complain the problem, get their opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'kmeeg',

I have had experience in 3M tint by Kleen park, but the issue what you complain I never had. It is better to go back to the party who did the installation and complain the problem, get their opinion.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Yes Sylvi. But the thing is there is no way to prove that. Even you put just water on his windscreen that effect never appears. (Tried that at office). Seems it only appears driving few minutes in rain. I feel very bad since i recommend it.. :(

Sheesh! 30k for a tint job?

I spent 1100 Rupees with Ruwan in Darley road.... :)

Only the 4 windows. Not yet retarded enough to tint the front and rear windscreens.

If the cops makes a fuss, I will not lose more than 600 rupees.

Edited by VVTi

Yes Sylvi. But the thing is there is no way to prove that. Even you put just water on his windscreen that effect never appears. (Tried that at office). Seems it only appears driving few minutes in rain. I feel very bad since i recommend it.. :(

Doubt it has anything to do with the tint. Maybe the vents are all messed up and is letting in outside humid air. Check that first.

Sheesh! 30k for a tint job?

I spent 1100 Rupees with Ruwan in Darley road.... :)

Only the 4 windows. Not yet retarded enough to tint the front and rear windscreens.

If the cops makes a fuss, I will not lose more than 600 rupees.

Machan, Who is this Ruwan? It it a shop or name of tint guy? Are you satisfy with the work?. Thanks

Machan, Who is this Ruwan? It it a shop or name of tint guy? Are you satisfy with the work?. Thanks

He has a shop behind the Fire Brigade, called Rexton motors. Shop does shutter repairs, alarm installation, etc. He is good enough for me to get both my BMW and Alfa tinted and he installed a remote lock on the Alfa.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for Rs.1100, what do you expect? a warranty? If the tint lasts for 12 months its still fine with me. I can rip it off and put another set. Theoretically for the 30k others spend I can do what i do roughly 25 times... ;) I call that good value for money.

He has a shop behind the Fire Brigade, called Rexton motors. Shop does shutter repairs, alarm installation, etc. He is good enough for me to get both my BMW and Alfa tinted and he installed a remote lock on the Alfa.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for Rs.1100, what do you expect? a warranty? If the tint lasts for 12 months its still fine with me. I can rip it off and put another set. Theoretically for the 30k others spend I can do what i do roughly 25 times... ;) I call that good value for money.

I did tint from S*n L*n*a around that price range. After 1 – 1.5 year i had to remove it and redo tint. But when remove the rear window tint, it removed the defrost grid as well :(

Thanks dear. No, No not at all, but a good piece of work.

Tint is not just to darken the glass. The proper tint should protect against UV and should reduce head by limiting the heat enters in to the vehicle. Proper 3M products has been tested and proven with these standards. I saw an article comparing these cheap tints and proper 3M and other tint products somewhere. Anyway my point is, people spend around 30k for a proper 3M tint because it has its advantages. Not just the tinted look. Just my opinion. :)

Tint is not just to darken the glass. The proper tint should protect against UV and should reduce head by limiting the heat enters in to the vehicle. Proper 3M products has been tested and proven with these standards. I saw an article comparing these cheap tints and proper 3M and other tint products somewhere. Anyway my point is, people spend around 30k for a proper 3M tint because it has its advantages. Not just the tinted look. Just my opinion. :)

Well, my learn'd friend, the BMW and the Alfa windows are anyway filtered for UV. I tinted it to reduce the noon time glare as I park them out in the open during the day. FYI, the 'cheap' tint does work, I have noticed a reduction in heat during day time driving and I even manged to notice that I am running the AC a notch lower than I used to. But then, that's just me.

But then its your money, I will tint my car the way I can and with the limit I can afford to, regardless of standards which are applicable to other cars. :)

But then there are some of us here would smear dog poop on the car if some article says its good for it or if the next door neighbor did ... ;)

Edited by VVTi

I did tint from S*n L*n*a around that price range. After 1 – 1.5 year i had to remove it and redo tint. But when remove the rear window tint, it removed the defrost grid as well :(

Why would anyone tint the rear window?

Well, my learn'd friend, the BMW and the Alfa windows are anyway filtered for UV. I tinted it to reduce the noon time glare as I park them out in the open during the day. FYI, the 'cheap' tint does work, I have noticed a reduction in heat during day time driving and I even manged to notice that I am running the AC a notch lower than I used to. But then, that's just me.

But then its your money, I will tint my car the way I can and with the limit I can afford to, regardless of standards which are applicable to other cars. :)

But then there are some of us here would smear dog poop on the car if some article says its good for it or if the next door neighbor did ... ;)

I think my FB15 also filters UV and I too wanted to reduce some heat during daytime as VVTI mentioned I also can't afford much for tint job!

if some old car tint with 3m tint there going to bee a advantages but most modern cars comes with UV filtered glass afaik in most japs from 1996 upwards comes with filtered glass correct me if i'm wrong so spending nearly 30k for 3m tint is worthless if you'r car is fix with UV filtered glass beside if some cop say to remove your tint the money you spend on them will be a total lost. :)

if some old car tint with 3m tint there going to bee a advantages but most modern cars comes with UV filtered glass afaik in most japs from 1996 upwards comes with filtered glass correct me if i'm wrong so spending nearly 30k for 3m tint is worthless if you'r car is fix with UV filtered glass beside if some cop say to remove your tint the money you spend on them will be a total lost. :)

Exactly why I spent only Rs 1100 just to darken my windows, which did not go down well with the purists here... :)

when u darken the window it makes u'r eyes (pupil )open more

and if not correctly UV cut it will increase damage to eye and skin more than when is non tinted.

All 4 of my vehicles mont. sport, santafe passat and march r tinted 3m

the vw is more than 10 yrs old still no faiding, pimpling or becoming purplish found.

so it lasted 10times the time of a cheap tint. and saved 10 days of tinting time.

better yet in the end i end up with a better protected tint.

I'm happy of spending that initial i think it was worth it.

BTW when i tinted the march 7yrs back it cost me only about Rs 8000.00 and as it is now 30 000.00 it was an investment

This is my opinion only.

By going by what you are saying, all those millions of pedestrians who do not have the luxury of a 3m Tint must be all blind... ;)

This doesn't make u blind just increases the rate of having cataract, and it's tolerance changes from person to person.

and the risk is more with a bad tint than transparent glasses

if the UV cut didn't come with privacy glasses the protection becomes lowered when u tint.

and also doesn't it cause damage when removing after it fades?

But i should admit getting it tinted for 1100 is a great bargain