• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Do U Think About 3M Tint..?

rosh78

I have done 3M tint for my windscreen. they said that it will reduce the headlight glow about 50%.

but really i don't realize that much effect by it.

I think it might be headlight glare, not glow. Tho I don't know about the numbers

The 3M windscreen tint has (or is supposed to have) 70% visible light transmission; so it could be argued that the light from the headlights should reduce by about that amount.

However, glare is more complicated than just light intensity - e.g. is worse with dirty windscreen, if you are wearing glasses (esp. with fingerprints) so I don't know if the glare reduction will be more or less than 30%.

In my case, maybe the glare is less, but it is not by so much that I have even thought about it until now

And BTW it wasn't part of the decision making process for me, and I was not even aware that it was marketed/considered as a benefit of tinting.

Where can I get it done & does it cost a lot?

3M Tint City on Darley Road opposite Gamini Hall roundabout. The cost depends on the size of the windows and whether you want the tints on the rear window and the strip on the windscreen as well. The lighter ones cost more than the darker ones IIRC. You need to use the lighter one for the front windows. Generally doing the 4 side windows will cost upwards of 10k I think

3M Tint City on Darley Road opposite Gamini Hall roundabout. The cost depends on the size of the windows and whether you want the tints on the rear window and the strip on the windscreen as well. The lighter ones cost more than the darker ones IIRC. You need to use the lighter one for the front windows. Generally doing the 4 side windows will cost upwards of 10k I think

They are bit expensive I suppose. asked 19k for all side windows and rear (for a Vios). I gave up the idea....... :violent-smiley-030:

They are bit expensive I suppose. asked 19k for all side windows and rear (for a Vios). I gave up the idea....... :violent-smiley-030:

That's cheap the cl**n p*rk guys charged me 35k for my santafe tint+clearguard

and the clear tint inthe front windscreen reduces the glare specialy from those hids

Edited by toyota sucks

That's cheap the cl**n p*rk guys charged me 35k for my santafe tint+clearguard

and the clear tint inthe front windscreen reduces the glare specialy from those hids

toyota sucks',

Tint City opposite the old Gamini cinema which is no more is owned by kleen Park They have changed their original Clean Park name which existed from 1989 due to all other car cleaning stations started with that Cleen Park name.

I think they are undergoing complete change in their management system at the moment with a newly appointed Qualified Automobile Engineer General manager when I last spoke to Mr. Ranjan Rartnasena (CEO) said to contact new GM as he is responsible for new management.

I hope he will do better than what was in the past.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Tinted all shutter windows, rear & windscreen, of my Vios about 2 years ago. 3M Crystalline (clear) on the windscreen & windows, and 3M dark tint on the rear window cost me 30K at Kleen-Park. It was worth the price I'd say.

toyota sucks',

Tint City opposite the old Gamini cinema which is no more is owned by kleen Park They have changed their original Clean Park name which existed from 1989 due to all other car cleaning stations started with that Cleen Park name.

I think they are undergoing complete change in their management system at the moment with a newly appointed Qualified Automobile Engineer General manager when I last spoke to Mr. Ranjan Rartnasena (CEO) said to contact new GM as he is responsible for new management.

I hope he will do better than what was in the past.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Kohenda yanne, malle pol... *shakes head*

• 1 month later...

I’m planning to do a 3M Dark Tint for my rear windows and rear wind-shield. Does any one has experience by doing so will put you in trouble when reversing at night?? (Cars which doesn’t have night vision reverse cameras)

My dad’s car is having an ordinary tint and I find little difficult when reversing at night. (specially to places where no road lights..):(

The reason for trying to go for a darkest tint is I did the clear type 3M tint for one of my cars and I found that its not reducing heat as much as the darkest 3M tint.

And one more question is there mirror type 3M tint available is SL..? Which tint does best (reducing heat)??

Really appreciate 3M tint owners comments on my humble request..:alc:

Thank you,

Kmeeg.

I’m planning to do a 3M Dark Tint for my rear windows and rear wind-shield. Does any one has experience by doing so will put you in trouble when reversing at night?? (Cars which doesn’t have night vision reverse cameras)

My dad’s car is having an ordinary tint and I find little difficult when reversing at night. (specially to places where no road lights..):(

The reason for trying to go for a darkest tint is I did the clear type 3M tint for one of my cars and I found that its not reducing heat as much as the darkest 3M tint.

And one more question is there mirror type 3M tint available is SL..? Which tint does best (reducing heat)??

Really appreciate 3M tint owners comments on my humble request..:alc:

Thank you,

Kmeeg.

Kmeeg.,

3M tint is the best available in Srilanka Market it is handled by Kleen Park at the moment.

Most Expensive Tint heat reduction and H/L glare reduction too.

Best I can recommend. I had in all my previous Vehicles.

You can get cheap Tint with M/s, Shanthi Plastics Mount Lavinia opposite land side close to Courts.

Have to get same installed by a tint installer.They only sell the Tint. They have a wide selection.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

how much will it cost to tint the rear windshield + rear glasses?(3M tint)

Tint on the rear windshield is a bit of debatable issue. Driving at night, reversing in dark spots, visibility, etc must be taken in to account.

If heat is the issue, keep two foldable foil visors. One for the front and one for the rear. One minute to pop them when you park.

3M will cost you a packet though.

Kmeeg.,

3M tint is the best available in Srilanka Market it is handled by Kleen Park at the moment.

Most Expensive Tint heat reduction and H/L glare reduction too.

Best I can recommend. I had in all my previous Vehicles.

You can get cheap Tint with M/s, Shanthi Plastics Mount Lavinia opposite land side close to Courts.

Have to get same installed by a tint installer.They only sell the Tint. They have a wide selection.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I think he's asking about the experience in reversing the vehicle at night,whether it's still difficult to see the back with 3M tinted glasses as ordinary ones???

Tint on the rear windshield is a bit of debatable issue. Driving at night, reversing in dark spots, visibility, etc must be taken in to account.

If heat is the issue, keep two foldable foil visors. One for the front and one for the rear. One minute to pop them when you park.

3M will cost you a packet though.

I think If somebody having a good reverse camera with night visibility..it's not much of a problem to tint the rear windshield..I did 3M tint to my previous AXIO but i didn't do it for the rear just to be in safe side.. :rolleyes: I used to fix two sun cutters at the back provided by the insurance company when i park..I think that would be the smart idea than tint the rear windshield. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

I think he's asking about the experience in reversing the vehicle at night,whether it's still difficult to see the back with 3M tinted glasses as ordinary ones???

Spot on..:alc: Thats my question..:D

Anybody has experience in reversing the vehicle at night with the darkest 3M tint with no reverse camera..:ninja: (I'm scared to fix reverse camera as it might void the company warranty)..:violent-smiley-099:

In addition lets say 'I have a tint permit', if i do the front windows with darkest 3M tint will i have visibility issues with side mirrors(With out cutting the tint for mirrors)

I know with ordinary tint you are in trouble.. (Like my dad's car)..:action-smiley-060:

Anybody has experience in reversing the vehicle at night with the darkest 3M tint with no reverse camera..:ninja: (I'm scared to fix reverse camera as it might void the company warranty)..:violent-smiley-099:

Yes, I have very dark 3M tints on my rear windshield, and the visibility is poor at night. However, I have reverse sensors, so it has not been a problem so far.

if i do the front windows with darkest 3M tint will i have visibility issues with side mirrors(With out cutting the tint for mirrors)

a friend has a car with dark tint on front windows (no hole); he said using the mirrors at night is a challenge - better to be safe than sorry on this one!

btw 3M's own figures for crystalline (70% light transmission, so visibility is quite good) are only slightly worse than the darkest tint they have (and better than everything else); so if you can afford to spend on 3M tint then I would suggest to use crystalline for rear windscreen.

@Az - how is it for general driving? (i.e. seeing what vehicles are behind you)

In addition lets say 'I have a tint permit', if i do the front windows with darkest 3M tint will i have visibility issues with side mirrors(With out cutting the tint for mirrors)

I know with ordinary tint you are in trouble.. (Like my dad's car)..:action-smiley-060:

You can use 3M clear tint for the front windscreen, and it may definitely reduce the heat..but I didn't see any difference in reducing the head light glare.as i was using it for my Axio..I did the front windows with 30% of dark and back two windows fully and the rear windshield i kept it as it is as i was not sure about the visibility at night (I was having a reveres camera with very good night visibility though) I think for you it's better to use a foldable foil visors as VVTi mentioned earlier for your rear windshield while the vehicle is at park..and in my opinion it's not advisable to make fully tint on front windows as there will be a high chance your vehicle might stopped by the cops most of the times..do it 40% that will be good I suppose..I don't have personal experience when reversing the vehicle with fully tint in the back..I think if you make front windows fully tint and make two circles to see the side mirrors ,that's look bit odd i suppose. :rolleyes:

btw 3M's own figures for crystalline (70% light transmission, so visibility is quite good) are only slightly worse than the darkest tint they have (and better than everything else); so if you can afford to spend on 3M tint then I would suggest to use crystalline for rear windscreen.

One of my cars are having crystalline tint on all glasses. But there are times that i thought that i have wasted my money on spending crystalline rather than going for 3M tint. (Eg when times i park the car in sun for 1 or 2 hours and going in sun, although you feel the cool in A/C still doesn't feel too comfortable.. I think the heat is more because the car is black) :action-smiley-060:

In addition when the tint guy show me that no heat is passing through the crystalline tint with thier Red colour torch i feel the heat in the sun on my hand a bit when the sun is droping on your hand (around 10am).. How about the darkest 3M tint.. Anyone feel that heat??

Finally i think;

1. Dark 3M tint on rear wind sheild is not good.

2. Dark 3M tint on front windows not good.

What is the best option you think..??

** Go for crystalline tint again..? (On all glasses)..??

BTW.. Thank you a million times to all who gave their experience.. Really appreciate the help you all gave..:alc:

One of my cars are having crystalline tint on all glasses. But there are times that i thought that i have wasted my money on spending crystalline rather than going for 3M tint. (Eg when times i park the car in sun for 1 or 2 hours and going in sun, although you feel the cool in A/C still doesn't feel too comfortable.. I think the heat is more because the car is black) :action-smiley-060:

Well, crystalline is the only tint option for the front windscreen (except for the possibility of a dark strip on the top edge), so that's better than nothing; you can supplement that with a windscreen reflector.

For side windows, there's a big difference in privacy and looks for 3M dark tint vs. 3M crystalline, but I think the thermal difference is not so much (because the glasses are more-or-less vertical).

anyway, for when the car is parked, you should also use et reflectors; as I have an oversize windscreen I got a custom one done (and also for front windows - covers >90% of the window) for less than Rs. 1000.

What is the best option you think..??

** Go for crystalline tint again..? (On all glasses)..??

IMHO it looks ugly to have dark tint on back windows and light tint on front, although that's what a lot of people do.

since you say you can get away with it, you can have dark tint on all 4 windows with holes for mirror visibility (looks a little odd, but not as odd as dark/light combo)

but if you don't like that, crystalline is the only tint option left. but only worth the price if you plan to use the car for a while :)