• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Hybrids - How Is The Fuel Consumption For City Running

svf

Question

just to clarify here i shot maself :suicide2: not to insult the poor soul but this is just crazy asking how the Prius does on fuel.

hv nothing against peeps who buy them it not my money, personnel cant afford one n not planning to either :glare: its just too risky and peeps who hv brought them have no clue abt the car just coz the tax went down everyone brought one that's it... period ^_^

now only they think abt the parts and problems associating with owning a hybrid. i met a guy while at a tire shop... he didn't care abt any damn thing he wanted to fit bigger alloys, low profile tires etc just to impress others. (btw he was putting nitrogen on his tires)

didn't know the whole point why certain parts were made in a Prius to reduce drag etc to make it more fuel efficient. after explaining to the poor bloke that this would ruin the whole purpose of buying a hybrid (i mean come on i thought this poor deluded bloke didn't know anything abt it wanted to help him out) only to know he's a stu**d mor*n who was a cheap skate :P

he said if certain stuff stops functioning he has the insurance to claim it.

i mean do the freaking research on the net, try forums, contact the dealer try asking friends abroad etc watch videos wat ever... to get proper understanding of the technology that's new to SL.

asking info here isn't worth it coz all of the Prius owners are new to this car. forget abt the fuel consumption it has to be good... just be sure in a harsh climate like here the car can survive.

i know i know all the cars are depended on electronics...Yes. but USA brought Xbox will not survive in SL... this might have the same situation. your Prius electronics might not be cheap now would it.

any ways this is my thoughts. luv the tech on any car but not stupid questions :P

good one, agree with you there... people here don't give monkeys about the enviroment, all they want is recon toyota for less than the normal price. Many of the foreign forums are not for sri lankan market, thats why we need to have a good local forums...

Typical Srilankan Sinhalese... :angry-smiley-048:

you freaking ######## what are u german... if not sri lankan.. and dont give me oh my country is perfect i wont leave SL horse shit.. anyone will leave if they get a better life.. u freaking moron...

• Like 1

No, "take the entire thing he said"

for a guy who claim to drive an sti 9 u are not the sharpest tool in the shed.. what does the entire thing i said constitiute to being a bastard.. and no u cant win with me.. i am far beyond ur verbal caperbility...

good one, agree with you there... people here don't give monkeys about the enviroment, all they want is recon toyota for less than the normal price. Many of the foreign forums are not for sri lankan market, thats why we need to have a good local forums...

Well this is a god forum mate n i have learn a lot and most have been very kind to help me out... but its not an excuse to ask silly questions like this hmm?

what Pericles say is true, its just coz of tax reduction that people opt for it. including me wanted to know abt the hybrid after this tax issue, otherwise be honest would you have considered this hmm? unless u hv been using this car abroad n so on.

would u take a risk on buying a car that's hardly anyone used in SL no mechanical knowledge no tech support even, except now the company refused all claims abt being able to handle Prius according to there ads on papers.

u just cannot compare the hybrid shipped to UK n the one in Japan now can you? like many appliances the qualities vary... why would u think a xbox gets busted here? the hot climate here wont do any good to it.

buying something reliable even if tis a recon Toyota is worth it buying a Prius which can screw ur hard earn money in secs.

again hving a a brake issue is a serious thing, would anyone get in a freaking car if the damn brakes wont function when u want them :huh:

By all means by a Prius BUT at ur own risk. if ur environment conscious then leave ur Prius or Insight alone the stock standard way, way its designed to function and save the planet. if wanna save the planet reducing taxes would have helped so people can chuck of there old cars n buy new once and then go for a scrapping scheme or what ever.

i went behind a bloody bus and i had to face with a blooming smoke screen :blink: i couldn't see s**t and mind u i was two cars lengths behind. so what a Prius does is undone.

what i pointed out abt international forums is to get knowledge from them, are there any repairs they faced, living with a Prius etc...

end of the day all brought hybrids coz of tax n now they flood the forum with useless topics coz they never did any research nothing what so ever. like the bloke who wanted to put lights on a gear lever n etc.

why u think i shot ma self in the 1st place :P

nxt time any one want to put a topic do ur damn homework 1st and then post it. anyone can ask stupid questions its k but this is just ridiculous :D

for a guy who claim to drive an sti 9 u are not the sharpest tool in the shed.. what does the entire thing i said constitiute to being a bastard.. and no u cant win with me.. i am far beyond ur verbal caperbility...

so you read my profile!

I may have exaggerated, but from what you are said, it clearly indicated that you do not have a country (stateless)... in my book thats like saying you don't have parents... mate trust me on this I'll go a long way to protect my country..

Well this is a god forum mate n i have learn a lot and most have been very kind to help me out... but its not an excuse to ask silly questions like this hmm?

what Pericles say is true, its just coz of tax reduction that people opt for it. including me wanted to know abt the hybrid after this tax issue, otherwise be honest would you have considered this hmm? unless u hv been using this car abroad n so on.

would u take a risk on buying a car that's hardly anyone used in SL no mechanical knowledge no tech support even, except now the company refused all claims abt being able to handle Prius according to there ads on papers.

u just cannot compare the hybrid shipped to UK n the one in Japan now can you? like many appliances the qualities vary... why would u think a xbox gets busted here? the hot climate here wont do any good to it.

buying something reliable even if tis a recon Toyota is worth it buying a Prius which can screw ur hard earn money in secs.

again hving a a brake issue is a serious thing, would anyone get in a freaking car if the damn brakes wont function when u want them :huh:

By all means by a Prius BUT at ur own risk. if ur environment conscious then leave ur Prius or Insight alone the stock standard way, way its designed to function and save the planet. if wanna save the planet reducing taxes would have helped so people can chuck of there old cars n buy new once and then go for a scrapping scheme or what ever.

i went behind a bloody bus and i had to face with a blooming smoke screen :blink: i couldn't see s**t and mind u i was two cars lengths behind. so what a Prius does is undone.

what i pointed out abt international forums is to get knowledge from them, are there any repairs they faced, living with a Prius etc...

end of the day all brought hybrids coz of tax n now they flood the forum with useless topics coz they never did any research nothing what so ever. like the bloke who wanted to put lights on a gear lever n etc.

why u think i shot ma self in the 1st place :P

nxt time any one want to put a topic do ur damn homework 1st and then post it. anyone can ask stupid questions its k but this is just ridiculous :D

well you are right in your prospective... true I have learnt a lot, but what I said in the first place is that some members here has no respect for others, they think that they are it! its not only about hybrids. I have visited this site many times when it started and it was really interesting to read all the comments, but now things have changed so much that everyone seems to be insulting each other..

protect my country.. its idiots like u who stops the development of this country... all i know is those of us who were in colombo and was enjoying life cant call our selves patriots.. we didnt do anything u ########.. and neither did u... u all are just buggers like the govenerment stooges who claim to be patriots.. what do u do to protect the country? dont be an idiot... and yeah i read ur profile.. wanted to see what the big patriot was driving.... and FYI people who leave the country are not non patriots they just cant stand fagooots like u and cant live with them in this country..

so in you opinion to be a patriot do you have to fight a war?

so in you opinion to be a patriot do you have to fight a war?

oh my god u are still at it.. well no u dont entirely.. but patritisom is not shouting it out.. but giving constructive critisisum and working towards the beterment of the country.. if u are not doing that then stop saying u are a patriot..

oh my god u are still at it.. well no u dont entirely.. but patritisom is not shouting it out.. but giving constructive critisisum and working towards the beterment of the country.. if u are not doing that then stop saying u are a patriot..

mate personally you have no clue who I am what I drive or what I do... and stop shouting out like you know everything..

I may have exaggerated, but from what you are said, it clearly indicated that you do not have a country (stateless)... in my book thats like saying you don't have parents... mate trust me on this I'll go a long way to protect my country..

The correct term for that is orphan, not bastard. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Can a few3 owners of the new Hybrids comment on the fuel economy for city running

If you have been following all the threads lately you must have got the answer already.

Any way FYI my prius does average 23km/l in the city and 21-22km/l outstations. Sometimes if you measure the consumption on a single trip basis sometimes you get even more, for example this morning I drove from Moratuwa to Maharagama(12.8km) via 120 bus route and traffic was moderate, and I got 28.2 km/l. Hope that answers your question.

And yes the Honda insight have more consumption as It's engine is running all the time unlike in the prius where the engine cuts in only when necessary.

Edited by rover

If you have been following all the threads lately you must have got the answer already.

Any way FYI my prius does average 23km/l in the city and 21-22km/l outstations. Sometimes if you measure the consumption on a single trip basis sometimes you get even more, for example this morning I drove from Moratuwa to Maharagama(12.8km) via 120 bus route and traffic was moderate, and I got 28.2 km/l. Hope that answers your question.

And yes the Honda insight have more consumption as It's engine is running all the time unlike in the prius where the engine cuts in only when necessary.

Just out of curiosity, do the figures in your fuel economy readout (I assume that's where you get your figures from) tally with your actual fuel consumption?

Just out of curiosity, do the figures in your fuel economy readout (I assume that's where you get your figures from) tally with your actual fuel consumption?

Yes it does. I did calculate it once when travelling to kandy. And the figures were almost the same. And I presume that the trip computer might not be giving wrong readings unless you do some modifications to the car like changing the tire size etc.