• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Problem After Changing Battery In A Premio/allion 260

Z.u.L

guys, need ur help with this. im presently using a Premio 260 for daily use, today the battery gave up, the car`s steering also refused to work properly (i guess because of the electronic power steering shutting down). i jump started the car and brought it home some how, called e*cide and told them the battery model and they came and replaced it. but they said my ecu is not reset since all the lights in the power window buttons are blinking plus he said the alternator is not powering up the battery even though the car is on start. im thinking of taking the car to toyota tomorrow in the morning if the problem still exists.

has anyone come across a similar problem?

steering wont work without enough juice in the battery cos it's eps.

how old was your battery when it died on you?

if it's relatively newer battery (less than 2 years old), chances are your charging system was faulty and the battery died due to that.

afaik, ecu will only "forget" things like your style of driving etc... all the important data that's needed to run the car properly will not be erased just because power gets cut to the ecu.

i'm not sure of this but maybe your power window lights etc are blinking cos there isn't enough power in your electrical system due to a faulty alternator

personally don't have a lot of faith in toyota mechs but good luck anyways :)

don't think it's a major issue.

guys, need ur help with this. im presently using a Premio 260 for daily use, today the battery gave up, the car`s steering also refused to work properly (i guess because of the electronic power steering shutting down). i jump started the car and brought it home some how, called e*cide and told them the battery model and they came and replaced it. but they said my ecu is not reset since all the lights in the power window buttons are blinking plus he said the alternator is not powering up the battery even though the car is on start. im thinking of taking the car to toyota tomorrow in the morning if the problem still exists.

has anyone come across a similar problem?

Zul, For power window problem. just pull up the switch for couple of seconds while ignition is on on Drivers side Shutter switch. that will reset the Power window buttons and functions to normal (default). for Alternator problem, i think you should consult the Agents or reputed Auto electrician. could be Alternator fuse gone bad as well. this has happened to Our ZRT260 as well.

• Like 1

steering wont work without enough juice in the battery cos it's eps.

how old was your battery when it died on you?

if it's relatively newer battery (less than 2 years old), chances are your charging system was faulty and the battery died due to that.

afaik, ecu will only "forget" things like your style of driving etc... all the important data that's needed to run the car properly will not be erased just because power gets cut to the ecu.

i'm not sure of this but maybe your power window lights etc are blinking cos there isn't enough power in your electrical system due to a faulty alternator

personally don't have a lot of faith in toyota mechs but good luck anyways :)

don't think it's a major issue.

true machan, the company said it was a fault in the ECU and quoted 80k to reset it to factory settings and also said that my setup will not work if they reset it. i took it to another dude who`s into all electronic stuff, he did everything for 4k and everything is ok now except for the alternator which has a busted fuse. thanks for the info machan.

Zul, For power window problem. just pull up the switch for couple of seconds while ignition is on on Drivers side Shutter switch. that will reset the Power window buttons and functions to normal (default). for Alternator problem, i think you should consult the Agents or reputed Auto electrician. could be Alternator fuse gone bad as well. this has happened to Our ZRT260 as well.

thanks for the info ruslan, as u said it was a alternator fuse. the fuse had gone off and ironically my one is also a ZRT260, i guess this may be a common problem in the 1.8ltr`s. the fuse is only available in the company, they r quoting 20k just for that. went to panchikawatta and found one from a damaged allion alternator for 1.5k.

wow..... T*yota L@nka seems to be keeping pretty big profit margins on both services AND goods.

I heard (friend of a friend who's in Toyota) that the company only survived because of the service/repairs/parts business until the tax cuts last year - guess this is how they went about doing it.

true machan, the company said it was a fault in the ECU and quoted 80k to reset it to factory settings and also said that my setup will not work if they reset it. i took it to another dude who`s into all electronic stuff, he did everything for 4k and everything is ok now except for the alternator which has a busted fuse. thanks for the info machan.

thanks for the info ruslan, as u said it was a alternator fuse. the fuse had gone off and ironically my one is also a ZRT260, i guess this may be a common problem in the 1.8ltr`s. the fuse is only available in the company, they r quoting 20k just for that. went to panchikawatta and found one from a damaged allion alternator for 1.5k.

Zul, who is the electronics dude you took the car to. Sounds like a reasonable chap

Guys may i know how much fuel does your ZRT260, 1.8ltr Premio do per ltr. As mine does only 7 to 7.5 km/ltr. Is this the same kind of millage you guys get. Sorry for going out of the topic.

Yep, 7 - 8 In Heavy traffic. 14 - 15 in outstation driving.

Guys may i know how much fuel does your ZRT260, 1.8ltr Premio do per ltr. As mine does only 7 to 7.5 km/ltr. Is this the same kind of millage you guys get. Sorry for going out of the topic.

iv got different figures but if you take the average its somewhere close to ur figure. 7.5 to 8 km/l. but it does really well when im going out station which im travelling every other day. does around 13.5 - 14.5 km/l.

I heard (friend of a friend who's in Toyota) that the company only survived because of the service/repairs/parts business until the tax cuts last year - guess this is how they went about doing it.

Think thats true for most of the agents. Mostly from the fleet business too, hotels and stuff like that. Which is why Hyundai Lanka is regarded to have some stability as a company, all those Trajets in the Hilton fleet. Substantial income from servicing right there!

Zul, who is the electronics dude you took the car to. Sounds like a reasonable chap

sorry for the late reply don, the guy is from borrlasgamuwa. he`s specialized with all the electronic and electrical stuff and does a pretty clean job. if u want his contact pm me, il send it to u.

my total cost was 6.5k to do the reset and fixing the fuse in the alternator.

• 4 years later...

sorry for the late reply don, the guy is from borrlasgamuwa. he`s specialized with all the electronic and electrical stuff and does a pretty clean job. if u want his contact pm me, il send it to u.

Hi I have a Premio 240 1.8 & having issues with the power shutters...Can i have this guys contact details pls?

First Congrats for Escaping problem friend. Please send that electronic guy's number. It will important all of us to solve such electronic issues....

wow..... T*yota L@nka seems to be keeping pretty big profit margins on both services AND goods.

Yes ...They maintain monopoly and agent ship to make their profit margin high. Same parts you can find in panchikawatta (SPECIALLY IN G.S Auto ..)

Edited by dhanuFB15

• 6 years later...
On 6/10/2011 at 9:37 PM, Z.u.L said:

Hi @ZuL,

Just came across this thread. And im also having an issue with one of my power shutters and it seems to be the motor or the assembly which is faulty. But i need to get it checked and resolved if possible without replacing the motor. could you please pass me the contact no of the mechanic?