• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes..but who ? Why ? Was this done on many cars ?

My curiosity has reached a level I found the ad and will  probably call the guy and ask about the car. 

Was it done on many cars? Not that i know of - yes there were a couple of bugs made into convertibles but this is the first time I saw a four door converted one. I don't see the purpose - maybe this conversion was done a long time ago maybe the 80's where probably 2 door car's were seen as pariahs? 

5 hours ago, matroska said:

My curiosity has reached a level I found the ad and will  probably call the guy and ask about the car. 

Was it done on many cars? Not that i know of - yes there were a couple of bugs made into convertibles but this is the first time I saw a four door converted one. I don't see the purpose - maybe this conversion was done a long time ago maybe the 80's where probably 2 door car's were seen as pariahs? 

Eitherway...it is interesting. The Beetle got so many customization options across the world, this could have been a "thing". 

Oh...and over to you @matroska

12 minutes ago, iRage said:

Eitherway...it is interesting. The Beetle got so many customization options across the world, this could have been a "thing". 

Yeah curious as to where they sourced the rear doors from 

Ok then here's the next one 

You attend a weekend get together (one of those school reunions) and that too on a Saturday morning (oh the horror). Daytime drinking never appeals to you but you meet Janaka from 13 Com 2 and you talk start talking about all the girls who rejected you starting from Michelle from the speech therapy class when you were 14  and you lose track of time. The last you remember was talking about the girl at the library. Next thing you know you wake up in a generic room at a hotel around 5pm with a splitting headache and a faint smell of vomit emitting from your shirt pocket . You fumble around and find to your relief that your phone is still in your pocket - but then you realize that your wallet and car key are missing. You manage to find your way to the hotel reception. Sandamali at the reception tells you that a burly gentleman wearing an oriental pink (Sandamali certainly knows her colours) shirt brought you in, paid for the room and left. The hotel register has your ID details but your ID is not with them and Sandamali remembers the mysterious person who brought you to the hotel making a phone call to someone and mentioning that your stuff is in the vehicle. You realize that you can find your wallet and car keys if you figure out which vehicle you were travelling in. But there are about 300 vehicles in the car park and you don't know which one was used to haul you. You decide to check your phone but find out that it has been reset and only 4 photos(see below)  are there in the gallery. What was the vehicle that brought you to the hotel? 

image.png

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Ok then here's the next one 

You attend a weekend get together (one of those school reunions) and that too on a Saturday morning (oh the horror). Daytime drinking never appeals to you but you meet Janaka from 13 Com 2 and you talk start talking about all the girls who rejected you starting from Michelle from the speech therapy class when you were 14  and you lose track of time. The last you remember was talking about the girl at the library. Next thing you know you wake up in a generic room at a hotel around 5pm with a splitting headache and a faint smell of vomit emitting from your shirt pocket . You fumble around and find to your relief that your phone is still in your pocket - but then you realize that your wallet and car key are missing. You manage to find your way to the hotel reception. Sandamali at the reception tells you that a burly gentleman wearing an oriental pink (Sandamali certainly knows her colours) shirt brought you in, paid for the room and left. The hotel register has your ID details but your ID is not with them and Sandamali remembers the mysterious person who brought you to the hotel making a phone call to someone and mentioning that your stuff is in the vehicle. You realize that you can find your wallet and car keys if you figure out which vehicle you were travelling in. But there are about 300 vehicles in the car park and you don't know which one was used to haul you. You decide to check your phone but find out that it has been reset and only 4 photos(see below)  are there in the gallery. What was the vehicle that brought you to the hotel? 

Interesting story, small issue even if you found the car how can you get into it if the key is not with you? Also surely you have been kidnapped and all traces have been erased. 😋

Should keep away from @matroska, he might start doing a detective agency after kidnapping the poor souls and then offering to help them find what happened.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Interesting story, small issue even if you found the car how can you get into it if the key is not with you? Also surely you have been kidnapped and all traces have been erased.

Now now - it's a story that was developed within 5 minutes. Sri Lankan tele series have worse plot holes 😉 

The key to solving this mystery is figuring out the vehicle that brought you to the hotel - you might be lucky and find the vehicle is unlocked and retrieve YOUR car keys and your wallet. 

Well the car doesnt seem to be a luxury vehicle, more in the lines of a commercial type vehicle. 

On 8/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, matroska said:

Sri Lankan tele series have worse plot holes 😉 

All the more reason I dont watch them anymore. I though Kopi Kade hitting 1000 episodes in almost 20 years was something, but nowadays they hit 1000 in like a year or so. 

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

more in the lines of a commercial type vehicle.

Correct!

5 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

raised position of the dashboard,

Good Observation

5 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Is there any clue in those bottles?

Not really - but unintentionally I just realized it might have a connection to the country of origin. 

Keep trying gentlemen I will drop clues as we go along 

... continued...

Out of frustration you fumble around your phone and find a deleted image - it seems you're in luck a slightly more revealing picture of the vehicle interior can be found. 

Then you hear someone whisper in your ear

"The manufacturer of this ride has 'S' and 'I' " and when you look at this photo you can't help but realize this was taken in a 'town or a city' 

image.png.dfea23523fbba45dc9ec4dc599e9b99c.png

Edited by matroska

4 hours ago, matroska said:

... continued...

Out of frustration you fumble around your phone and find a deleted image - it seems you're in luck a slightly more revealing picture of the vehicle interior can be found. 

Then you hear someone whisper in your ear

"The manufacturer of this ride has 'S' and 'I' " and when you look at this photo you can't help but realize this was taken in a 'town or a city' 

image.png.dfea23523fbba45dc9ec4dc599e9b99c.png

Nissan Caravan /Homy/Urvan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Looks like you were hospitalized after you passed out by an ambulance, a Nissan Urvan. Your stuff maybe still inside that ambulance. 😂

His stuff is inside, aiyo read his post. My question is why in the world does he have to take a picture of the vomit in the toilette? 😂🤣

32 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

His stuff is inside, aiyo read his post. My question is why in the world does he have to take a picture of the vomit in the toilette? 😂🤣

Because he was wasted. Who knows what kind of wierd photos he had on his phone before they were deleted .