• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

9 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Wish you a very happy new year!

Why not try this, shouldnt be difficult.

Triv0022.jpg

Triv0011.jpg

That's a Subaru Leone. Nice looking car but sadly not very popular locally - has a bit of popularity in Australia. The one in your image is the older version - the one for sale with 11 Sri Plates and being sold by a priest. The more common variant is the 3rd Gen - imported brand new in the early 90's running with 18- plates usually. Some of their books are used to run dodgy imprezzas. There's a blue Leone with good body rotting away on the roadside near Minuwangoda. Like this car so much that around 2020 I did a feasibility study of buying a couple of cars one as a donor to fully restore a Leone. Never really moved on from there. There are a couple of decent Leone's on the classifieds the blackish one has been on sale since 2022. :( 

6 hours ago, matroska said:

That's a Subaru Leone. Nice looking car but sadly not very popular locally - has a bit of popularity in Australia. The one in your image is the older version - the one for sale with 11 Sri Plates and being sold by a priest. The more common variant is the 3rd Gen - imported brand new in the early 90's running with 18- plates usually. Some of their books are used to run dodgy imprezzas. There's a blue Leone with good body rotting away on the roadside near Minuwangoda. Like this car so much that around 2020 I did a feasibility study of buying a couple of cars one as a donor to fully restore a Leone. Never really moved on from there. There are a couple of decent Leone's on the classifieds the blackish one has been on sale since 2022. :( 

Bang on. I think the 18- Leone's were imported for the Police at that time. There was also a 2 door of this model which was advertised a couple of months back and it came up in this thread as part of trivia as well. A relative had a wagon (or was it?) of this model which he had bought from an embassy sometime back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matroska said:

from animal to productivity software to linguistics. Correct. Take the floor sir. 

Lets wait and see if some one cracks this. Will post something tomorrow if no one cracks it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, matroska said:

Have a crack at this then  - should be easy 🙂 

Picture1.png

Ok so since no one answered this is a Hyundai Excel which was the successor to the Pony and was later replaced by the Accent.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:51 AM, Gummybr said:

Ok then have a go at this black beauty.

triv0011.jpg

Looks like a BMC/Austin-Morris JU2xx van. If so...this van used to deliver baked goodies to the school canteen way back then. It was loving titles the roll-van :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iRage said:

Looks like a BMC/Austin-Morris JU2xx van. If so...this van used to deliver baked goodies to the school canteen way back then. It was loving titles the roll-van :) 

Yes you are correct, actually this is from an old thread that has sadly been forgotten by time.

triv001.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iRage said:

Oh..uhh..ok.
Here is a pretty easy one. I think this was posted before on this thread...
image.png.55899a40cb0a25de3b0fe142e1f4f7a5.png

I hope there's a silver line in the sky in the new year! 

On 1/13/2024 at 12:59 PM, matroska said:

I hope there's a silver line in the sky in the new year! 

Sadly no 😕

On 1/13/2024 at 1:57 PM, Gummybr said:

I would say that solar radiation is measured by this.

Bingo ! The floor is your Gummy bear :)

To @matroska's credit...there was a Langley for sale a few years ago advertised as a Skyline :) which prompted a discussion on AL forums back in the day. Know a few old AL members who actually raced down a Lanley on the roads thinking it was a Skyline :D 
Also, back in the day the Langley was sold at Nissan Prince dealerships, the same dealerships that sold the Skyline. Japanese advertisements often referred to both cars having the same design DNA.

On 1/14/2024 at 3:51 PM, iRage said:

Sadly no 😕

Bingo ! The floor is your Gummy bear :)

To @matroska's credit...there was a Langley for sale a few years ago advertised as a Skyline :) which prompted a discussion on AL forums back in the day. Know a few old AL members who actually raced down a Lanley on the roads thinking it was a Skyline :D 
Also, back in the day the Langley was sold at Nissan Prince dealerships, the same dealerships that sold the Skyline. Japanese advertisements often referred to both cars having the same design DNA.

argh! The Langley .... there was no other Nissan of that era with lights like that... I have only seen one langley in Real life and that was at a school 'walk' in 2008. 

3 minutes ago, matroska said:

argh! The Langley .... there was no other Nissan of that era with lights like that... I have only seen one langley in Real life and that was at a school 'walk' in 2008. 

I would say there were quite a few, I remember one of my best buddies father had one in the 90s. They were a more upmarket Pulsar / Sunny. Just thinking about the sheer models they had those days makes you wonder how great the industry would have been in Japan at that time.

1 minute ago, Gummybr said:

I would say there were quite a few, I remember one of my best buddies father had one in the 90s. They were a more upmarket Pulsar / Sunny. Just thinking about the sheer models they had those days makes you wonder how great the industry would have been in Japan at that time.

Back in the day Japan was a country of excess. The generation of my father-in-law spends A LOT !!! Like with cars people wanted the highest spec. Apparently they did that because when they did buy something like that it was a self-reward. The basic grades were mostly for businesses/fleets. Same applied with electronics, etc...But then they also were not flashy. My father-in-law downgraded his car to an Allion instead of a Mark X from a Gloria (or something) because everyone in his office were youngsters who couldn't buy high-spec cars. Another guy bought a Lancer Evo with his employee discount but sold it a few months later to buy a MiEV for the same reason.
Comparatively the newer generation seems to be a lot more frugal. So yeah....seeing my in-laws I can fully understand why manufacturers did things like take the same car and dress it up in 10 different ways and sold though 6 different dealership lines :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then, try this. Could be difficult, if you need clues let me know.

Triv0010.jpg

Triv0020.jpg

Is it a S.A. ?
The A is the word for Swallow (the bird) in French. I believe this was also the company's first unibody car ? I am not answering...but if it is what I think it is...take it as the hint @Gummybr was offering :) 

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then, try this. Could be difficult, if you need clues let me know.

Triv0010.jpg

Triv0020.jpg

this was asked a few years ago in this same trivia: Now I  see a SIMilar CAr AROunD hEre  .... Shall I answer or wait for someone else?