• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

1st  vehicle in Europe to achieve NCAP 5 stars. A racetrack in the USA very popular in GT and other online races with the famous cork screw corner has the same name.

7 hours ago, Duan27 said:

Once again, this is found in SL

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.10.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 12.10.50 AM.png

Ok no one seems to be answering. 

The answer is Renault Laguna. There is the Laguna Seca speedway (Laguna = Lake in spanish) as Gummybr mentioned. 

@Duan27 - can you confirm if this is correct?

image.png.184ffa4674f9d9d3b2e286bc77756d9b.png

Edited by matroska

9 hours ago, matroska said:

Ok no one seems to be answering. 

The answer is Renault Laguna. There is the Laguna Seca speedway (Laguna = Lake in spanish) as Gummybr mentioned. 

@Duan27 - can you confirm if this is correct?

image.png.184ffa4674f9d9d3b2e286bc77756d9b.png

That’s right! The clues were pretty straightforward yet creative too @Gummybr & @matroska;)

Over to you @matroska!

35 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Interesting looking thing, I would say that its more European looking. Any chance of giving us a glimpse of the headlights?

with pleasure and no it's not European - the specimen is question is a slightly battered version from a photo that was taken 30+ years ago. 

image.png.271949142a61f84bc401fef1d6c0b12e.png

3 hours ago, matroska said:

with pleasure and no it's not European - the specimen is question is a slightly battered version from a photo that was taken 30+ years ago. 

image.png.271949142a61f84bc401fef1d6c0b12e.png

To add more clues I'll mention this - This particular vehicle is in the photos following the assassination  of a public figure. 

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Interesting looking thing, I would say that its more European looking.

Really ? At first I thought it was a Datsun pickup from the 70s/80s...you know..the one that was quite popular back in the day with Ministries.....but now I am not sure.

22 minutes ago, iRage said:

Really ? At first I thought it was a Datsun pickup from the 70s/80s...you know..the one that was quite popular back in the day with Ministries.....but now I am not sure.

Don't be  unsure. Both of you have got it - should I consider this answered? 

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Well I didnt zoom it earlier and the door lines looked like the ones found on Volvo / Fiat with no slant and another window to accompany them. Later on only I saw that its a double cab from looking at the pic. 

right so it's been a while  - I think both of you answered correctly. It's a Datsun 720  Pickup. 

The image was from a crime scene where a famous actor-turned politician was assassinated  36 years ago. 

image.png.16853eb4ecd425c80bcdf1e03a36ae4c.png 

image.png.6d087736b46dfaccc845087b2861d89d.png

image.png.df1f54d14c8f40ca6f01e3a94fd29a41.png

@iRage - stage is yours. 

Edited by matroska

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Should be pretty straight forward. Posting it because I really really want to share a funny story.

image.png.7baf0730dc23e03b6f3fa3bca20cf0e5.png

minivan with a hideous face - why would parents of generation ALPHA kids buy these with haRD earned money? 

40 minutes ago, matroska said:

minivan with a hideous face - why would parents of generation ALPHA kids buy these with haRD earned money? 

Because the Loom manufacturer is so good at what it does and brand name does a lot for purchase intent.

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Brightest star in the Hydra Constellation (Gen 4)

Yes ! Toyota Alphard it is ! Over to you Gummy bear

So yeah... when we were in SL last June. We were out and about and all of a sudden the kids start to laugh uncontrollably. When asked why my daughter managed to compose herself for a few seconds to point at two guys and say that they are talking about fart matches. Then my son says that the two guys are constantly talking about I'll fart over and over again along with some Sinhala words. Curious, I eaves dropped to find out that the two guys were talking about the luxury features of an Alphard. One guy was actually calling it I'll fart and the other was trying to correct him :) 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, iRage said:

Yes ! Toyota Alphard it is ! Over to you Gummy bear

So yeah... when we were in SL last June. We were out and about and all of a sudden the kids start to laugh uncontrollably. When asked why my daughter managed to compose herself for a few seconds to point at two guys and say that they are talking about fart matches. Then my son says that the two guys are constantly talking about I'll fart over and over again along with some Sinhala words. Curious, I eaves dropped to find out that the two guys were talking about the luxury features of an Alphard. One guy was actually calling it I'll fart and the other was trying to correct him :) 

Oh boy, were they under the influence by any chance. Have so many such instances in my life having worked in the automobile field. Once a secretary of a big campus called and asked if we had a Puche, I was working with a guy who starts to laugh at the drop of a needle and you can imagine the whole office at that time. Another instance I was visiting a guy outstation and we were talking cars he was talking about some car and I was nodding as if I knew and my colleague was also playing along. When we came to the car to leave he asked ado machang did you know what the fellow was talking about and I was like no I dont, he was like why bung he was talking about a Porsche.... I dont blame the guy but he always gave us something to laugh about when we visited him or he visited us.

So many stories of "vulchas kukulas", Karisler, Farking etc.. Those were good times.

• Haha 2

Ok then have a go at this, lets see if I can confuse you people. I wont post the steering wheel as it will be a dead give away. I nearly bought one of these back in the day, simply because I loved the look and how rare these what threw me off was the 1.8l engine and the broken dashboard bits which were difficult to source.

triv2.jpg.5c85ec69be10e4f65968c00f17228d7b.jpg

302376-9.jpg

Ooh... I thought this would be easy.

Lets say they like this, you get up inside coffin and when you open the lid this would be the dashboard you see.

The engine in the car that I wanted to go see was a 1.8l straight four with around 115hp I would say.

The dashboard is illuminated.

This is the second generation of the this particular model of which the first gen can be seen running around with 2.0l turbo Diesel engine.

I presume we have a performance version of this in Sri Lanka with 4wd and a 20l Turbo engine.

On the topic of the dashboard early exampled of this gen car had a dashboard similar to what you would see from a car from its family (one which I owned)

So there you go 6 clues. If its still difficult I may share a pic of the head light

On 2/22/2024 at 3:46 PM, Gummybr said:

Ok then have a go at this, lets see if I can confuse you people. I wont post the steering wheel as it will be a dead give away. I nearly bought one of these back in the day, simply because I loved the look and how rare these what threw me off was the 1.8l engine and the broken dashboard bits which were difficult to source.

triv2.jpg.5c85ec69be10e4f65968c00f17228d7b.jpg

302376-9.jpg

Nissan Avenir Salut

One of my JKCS mates had the diesel version of Gen 1 about 20 years back and it was running on a CD20 diesel Turbo engine. Absolute s*it box. Ha ha

Edited by john cooper