• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

4 hours ago, Gummybr said:

I think you didnt see the clues to the answer.

Read the responses in reverse. This is why I laughed at the clues you left :)
This was like the time a certain group of people were so engrossed on one thing that none of them noticed that one person was standing there stark naked as his sarong had fallen down in all the commotion. 

• Haha 3

On 10/8/2024 at 7:29 AM, Gummybr said:

Yes this would be the 1st Gen Previa, what we have in Sri Lanka are called Estima Lucida. Over to you @Duan27

@amsandun I think you didnt see the clues to the answer.

Here’s the next one-

IMG_4409.jpeg.52cb8aede4fd8719583d5372e6c51523.jpeg

Saw one on classifieds a while back, haven’t seen one personally tho 

22 hours ago, amsandun said:

Lucida font family of course... 😄 And also struck my mind why you called me esteemed while I'm not...😂 Yeah guess I missed them anyway and then wondered whether there was a font named Toyota or Previa in MS Office Suite.

I also missed the clue tbh, thought it was just @Gummybr being a bit eccentric 😂😅,  shouldn’t have overlooked something straight under our noses 😂

1 hour ago, Duan27 said:

Here’s the next one-

I also missed the clue tbh, thought it was just @Gummybr being a bit eccentric 😂😅,  shouldn’t have overlooked something straight under our noses 😂

May I? 🫠If going by "Sirasa Lakshapathi" type answering... as a child I used to often see and get in some of the older jeep models made by the same company who made this car. They were available in my father's office. And I was shocked to hear that my current car also powered by an engine originally designed by this manufacturer.

So there maybe so many CRVs around and someone may think YRVs are yet to come if only alphabetical order was a must. 😄 

So, is this not a Daihatsu YRV?

1 hour ago, Duan27 said:

Here’s the next one-

sometimes you wonder whY everyone wanted to jump on the Recreational Vehicle bandwagon at the start of the new millennium. 

On 10/9/2024 at 10:43 AM, amsandun said:

May I? 🫠If going by "Sirasa Lakshapathi" type answering... as a child I used to often see and get in some of the older jeep models made by the same company who made this car. They were available in my father's office. And I was shocked to hear that my current car also powered by an engine originally designed by this manufacturer.

So there maybe so many CRVs around and someone may think YRVs are yet to come if only alphabetical order was a must. 😄 

So, is this not a Daihatsu YRV?

That's absolutely correct!

On 10/9/2024 at 10:44 AM, matroska said:

sometimes you wonder whY everyone wanted to jump on the Recreational Vehicle bandwagon at the start of the new millennium. 

And yep, you've guessed it as well. 

image.png.d67cbd0d299434e4afcc6f4208945d8b.png

Looks like y'all answered just a minute apart though 😅

So hope it's fine if @amsanduntakes the stage next!

44 minutes ago, Duan27 said:

So hope it's fine if @amsanduntakes the stage next!

Gladly. So here you go...

car.jpg.9512d20825ff401197ddbd7fb6fedcaf.jpg

Someone may recognize in a heartbeat. I'm not sure if this same model is/was available in SL but other older and new models are here. Why I chose this because I was following a car related to this couple of days ago from Kirulapone to Nugegoda on the way home and did some search. 😄

20 hours ago, amsandun said:

Gladly. So here you go...

car.jpg.9512d20825ff401197ddbd7fb6fedcaf.jpg

Someone may recognize in a heartbeat. I'm not sure if this same model is/was available in SL but other older and new models are here. Why I chose this because I was following a car related to this couple of days ago from Kirulapone to Nugegoda on the way home and did some search. 😄

Hmm...I thought it was a Camry Gracia Wagon (in Japan this model of Camry was called Camry Gracia because the normal Camry was used for the narrow body variant). However, the fact you said there are newer and older models in SL I am not too sure. I have seen the CG Wagon and the Mark II Qualis (Mark II wagon based on the same car) used as hearses.

13 hours ago, iRage said:

Hmm...I thought it was a Camry Gracia Wagon (in Japan this model of Camry was called Camry Gracia because the normal Camry was used for the narrow body variant). However, the fact you said there are newer and older models in SL I am not too sure. I have seen the CG Wagon and the Mark II Qualis (Mark II wagon based on the same car) used as hearses.

I indeed thought you might be the first to solve this. You’re correct and it says XV20 Camry Wagon alongside the Sedan built during 1996-2000 according to wiki. I couldn't find the exact photo of the thumbnail I posted above so here's another full pic of the same model.

camrywagon.png.79c7d33b47a4b4b296b11a7c946bae22.png

Actually by older and newer models I referred to Toyota Camry we see regularly in SL not specifically this wagon model. What I was following was a Mark 2 Grande x100 model I think. Looking it up, I came across the Qualis and found that it’s originally a Camry Wagon 😀 

So it’s your floor iRage.

Edited by amsandun
photo added

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Can someone please take my turn. I am travelling for work and not sure if I can find a quiz car in any decent amount of time.

Mind if I go ahead? I will take this opportunity and post something different. Posting two tail lamps from cars from the 1990s. One of them came in two guises (body styles) and the other came in three guises. One was produced from 1995 - 2002 and the other 1995 - 2003. I expect the answer to have the make model and model code. 

Should be interesting.

Triv10.jpg

Triv20.jpg

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

and the other 1995 - 2003

Can I guess this as BMW 5 Series E39. And it is the first tail light you have put up there. It came in 2 styles as Sedan and Touring Wagon right? This light was so familiar to me but couldn't say exactly. So I did a series of google image search as "Toyota tail lights 1995-2003", then Toyota was replaced by other famous Japanese makes and so on.

After main Japanese makes, my focus was the European makes and my favorite one was BMW. Tada! 😄 I got what I was after in the very first row.

Still no clue about your other photo.

Edited by amsandun

33 minutes ago, amsandun said:

Can I guess this as BMW 5 Series E39. And it is the first tail light you have put up there. It came in 2 styles as Sedan and Touring Wagon right? This light was so familiar to me but couldn't say exactly. So I did a series of google image search as "Toyota tail lights 1995-2003", then Toyota was replaced by other famous Japanese makes and so on.

After main Japanese makes, my focus was the European makes and my favorite one was BMW. Tada! 😄 I got what I was after in the very first row.

Still no clue about your other photo.

Yes you got the first one right, BMW E39 it is, as you rightly said it came in Sedan and Station Wagon form and they were manufactured from 1995 - 2003, although development started two years ago.

What about the other one? 

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

So I did a series of google image search as "Toyota tail lights 1995-2003", then Toyota was replaced by other famous Japanese makes and so on.

Funny you should mention Toyota. The modern (re-incarnated) version of the car is used by Toyota and rebadged as a much-loved Toyota model that was there from 1973 till 1999 (much to the disappointment of the enthusiasts of this model). The re-incarnated version in available only in one body style. 

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Funny you should mention Toyota. The modern (re-incarnated) version of the car is used by Toyota and rebadged as a much-loved Toyota model that was there from 1973 till 1999 (much to the disappointment of the enthusiasts of this model). The re-incarnated version in available only in one body style. 

Just so that you get what @iRage says, he means the other car which @amsandun couldnt guess.

BTW @iRage who copied whom? I remember when I had the P11 a customer said that it looked like a BMW when I visited his home. And sure enough there is a bit of a Hoffmeister kink in the Primera rear window, and the overall look from side on looked very European.

OT: I remember I had paper adverts of them old cars and the Primera ad had the German, UK and Japan flags. Japanese and UK flags I can imagine but the German flag do you remember what it was about?