• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

More Dirty Petrol On The Way.

VVTi

Question

Dirty petrol supplier’s stocks continue to be distributed

Probe on whether former ministry secretary misled Cabinet: Minister

By ######## Sirimanne

Contaminated fuel stocks that ruined more than 5,000 vehicles were only part of a major three-month long consignment that will be brought to Colombo until the end of this month, and will continue to be distributed to vehicle users, ongoing investigations have revealed.

A probe on whether these controversial stocks were imported after the Petroleum Ministry’s then Secretary, Titus Jayawardena, allegedly misled the Cabinet is now under way, Minister Susil Premajayantha told the Sunday Times. He declined to elaborate.

A three-month order for 240,000 metric tonnes of fuel has been placed with the Singapore branch of the Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC). Besides the contaminated 15,000 metric tonnes, Mr. Premajayantha said, “nearly 75 per cent has been received”. He claimed that other shipments “conform to standard specifications” of the CPC and sample tests had been carried out.

Allegations of misleading the Cabinet, the Sunday Times learnt, arise from listing the fuel requirement for three months in metric tonnes. However, the cost has been given only in “per barrel” terms – technicalities which most unsuspecting Cabinet Ministers were not aware of.

It has come to light that the three-month contract was for a total of 240,000 metric tonnes. This is while the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation’s average requirement for a month is 160,000 metric tonnes or 480,000 metric tonnes for three-months. What remained unanswered was from where the CPC hoped to obtain the balance 240,000 metric tonnes.

The urgency for refined fuel imports had arisen in view of the closure of the Sapugaskanda refinery for maintenance and repairs. It has also come to light that the CPC had requested the Lanka-India Oil Company (LIOC) to supply 15,000 metric tonnes of petrol as an emergency requirement giving just six days for delivery to Colombo.

“The time given was insufficient and we informed the CPC of this position,” LIOC Managing Director Suresh Kumar told the Sunday Times. Years earlier, the LIOC had obliged when a similar request was made by the CPC. However, sufficient time had been given to the company on that occasion.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110724/News/nws_55.html

thank god i only use diesel vehicles (w124 and SU13) :)

i too drive a diesel but it would have been better if diesel was contaminated instead of petrol.

imagine the entire countries transportation network grinding down to a halt, power generation going kaput etc etc

these morons who are leading the country and getting us from one shit hole to the other will have a lot more heat if it was that way

In no other country the petroleum minister shamelessly hold on to his position when such an incident has taken place.

As always people suffer...yet some morons will vote to keep these buffoons in power. Disgraceful!!!

• Like 5

I heard this on a radio channel today morning, and just did a search and this came up.

Diesel vehicle owners - Beware!

A further 500,000 tons diesel to be imported from the same crooked Co. which supplied sub standard petrol

http://www.lankaenews.com/English/news.php?id=11425

DAMN IT!!...i guess I'll be joining with "VVTi" :D

DAMN IT!!...i guess I'll be joining with "VVTi" :D

Walking and cycling is impervious to low quality petrol and diesel... :) Besides, once this fuel gets distributed and knocks off most cars on the roads, there will be less traffic also... :)

There are only so many fuel pumps in the country at any given time, right?

haha.. I also heard this story.A junior officer has released the files to the trade unions it seems. Do not know up to what extend it's true or not.However i met one of the area managers of CPC and he advised me to pump 95 to the car instead of the normal.He's doing the same it seems due to this issue!

haha.. I also heard this story.A junior officer has released the files to the trade unions it seems. Do not know up to what extend it's true or not.However i met one of the area managers of CPC and he advised me to pump 95 to the car instead of the normal.He's doing the same it seems due to this issue!

could also find out whether the super diesel will be fine?

This story seems more interesting than the boring dirty fuel story we went on abt few weeks ago.... DO tell us the story (or at leats PM it).. hehehhe :)

ha ha lol.....this is the story according to the paper,this person who works at the office had seen his boss having some time with the girl he likes :wub: .So he got pissed off :sport-smiley-002: and leaked all the files to a Trade union.........

:girl_crazy::wub:

ha ha lol.....this is the story according to the paper,this person who works at the office had seen his boss having some time with the girl he likes :wub: .So he got pissed off :sport-smiley-002: and leaked all the files to a Trade union.........

:girl_crazy::wub:

that's one way to get retribution from his boss. :lol:

• Like 1