• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

More Dirty Petrol On The Way.

VVTi

Question

Dirty petrol supplier’s stocks continue to be distributed

Probe on whether former ministry secretary misled Cabinet: Minister

By ######## Sirimanne

Contaminated fuel stocks that ruined more than 5,000 vehicles were only part of a major three-month long consignment that will be brought to Colombo until the end of this month, and will continue to be distributed to vehicle users, ongoing investigations have revealed.

A probe on whether these controversial stocks were imported after the Petroleum Ministry’s then Secretary, Titus Jayawardena, allegedly misled the Cabinet is now under way, Minister Susil Premajayantha told the Sunday Times. He declined to elaborate.

A three-month order for 240,000 metric tonnes of fuel has been placed with the Singapore branch of the Emirates National Oil Company (ENOC). Besides the contaminated 15,000 metric tonnes, Mr. Premajayantha said, “nearly 75 per cent has been received”. He claimed that other shipments “conform to standard specifications” of the CPC and sample tests had been carried out.

Allegations of misleading the Cabinet, the Sunday Times learnt, arise from listing the fuel requirement for three months in metric tonnes. However, the cost has been given only in “per barrel” terms – technicalities which most unsuspecting Cabinet Ministers were not aware of.

It has come to light that the three-month contract was for a total of 240,000 metric tonnes. This is while the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation’s average requirement for a month is 160,000 metric tonnes or 480,000 metric tonnes for three-months. What remained unanswered was from where the CPC hoped to obtain the balance 240,000 metric tonnes.

The urgency for refined fuel imports had arisen in view of the closure of the Sapugaskanda refinery for maintenance and repairs. It has also come to light that the CPC had requested the Lanka-India Oil Company (LIOC) to supply 15,000 metric tonnes of petrol as an emergency requirement giving just six days for delivery to Colombo.

“The time given was insufficient and we informed the CPC of this position,” LIOC Managing Director Suresh Kumar told the Sunday Times. Years earlier, the LIOC had obliged when a similar request was made by the CPC. However, sufficient time had been given to the company on that occasion.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110724/News/nws_55.html

guys,,what is the solution?would IOC be safe or what?

I don't think that IOC would be safe coz, they also get fuel from the same distributor. Also, I have heard that the Extra Premium Petrol which they selling, are not 95 octane or anything advanced than 90. They are just 90 octane petrol which they have added a kind of a treatment something like S***ron. But I'm not sure on this, have mentioned just as I have heard... :)

• Like 1

I don't think that IOC would be safe coz, they also get fuel from the same distributor. Also, I have heard that the Extra Premium Petrol which they selling, are not 95 octane or anything advanced than 90. They are just 90 octane petrol which they have added a kind of a treatment something like S***ron. But I'm not sure on this, have mentioned just as I have heard... :)

are you telling me that there is no other solution than using public transport?

i hope there is an alternative

are you telling me that there is no other solution than using public transport?

i hope there is an alternative

Decision is up to you riddle :) . We have to change ourselves according to the situation in sometimes. Otherwise we can't survive. I don't say that every IOC marts & every Ceypetco marts are selling bad fuel. But some of them may be. :) Better to stay away as far as we can on these days.

And what happened?

The Car started to kind of vibrate abnormally,then it shut down,tried to start the car but failed then in the morning brought a mechanic down,and after inspecting he said that it's due to bad petrol.

Edited by CyRaX

Thanks bro ;)

hmm at this rate, no petrol is safe, though I must say, I never trusted this rubbish "extra premium" from IOC..

1. cause its an indian addition

and

2. car manufacturers tell owners to pump petrol.. thats it. not petrol with other muck in it..

safest thing for now machan is just pump usual 95 petrol from cpc or laugfs and pray to the heavens you get some good stuff.. :mellow:

The Car started to kind of vibrate abnormally,then it shut down,tried to start the car but failed then in the morning brought a mechanic down,and after inspecting he said that it's due to bad petrol.

sorry to hear that bro and good luck with the repairs.

hmm at this rate, no petrol is safe, though I must say, I never trusted this rubbish "extra premium" from IOC..

1. cause its an indian addition

and

2. car manufacturers tell owners to pump petrol.. thats it. not petrol with other muck in it..

safest thing for now machan is just pump usual 95 petrol from cpc or laugfs and pray to the heavens you get some good stuff.. :mellow:

Thanks machan.Hope this rubbish would end soon,and non of you guys would have to be a victim.

And suprisingly this happend just after I came home from the gym.At lest she didn't let me down on the way

Don't know about Laughs mate,but I pumed 95oct from a IOC in Nawinna

Sorry to hear this mate... :( I have heard that IOC doesn't sell 95 Oct. They sells 90 Oct treated with somthing like s***ron as Extra Premium. :angry:

Sorry to hear this mate... :( I have heard that IOC doesn't sell 95 Oct. They sells 90 Oct treated with somthing like s***ron as Extra Premium. :angry:

Well you heard wrong... they do sell 95 octane, as well as something called "95 extra premium" which is 95 octane with additives of some sort. The standard "extra premium" is what you're referring to.

Well you heard wrong... they do sell 95 octane, as well as something called "95 extra premium" which is 95 octane with additives of some sort. The standard "extra premium" is what you're referring to.

Really,didn't know that.Whats the benefit of this then ?

Might be Supra_natural. As a habbit, I never pump fuel from IOC marts. So I haven't noticed that they are selling 95 Extra Premium. Thanks for the info anyway :) .

Petrol stocks contaminated again: UNP

WEDNESDAY, 03 AUGUST 2011 16:36

In another twist to the burning controversy surrounding contaminated petrol, the main opposition United National Party (UNP) today accused the government of selling to vehicle owners’ new stocks of petrol mixed with the low quality petrol imported last month.

UNP MP Dayasiri Jayasekera told a news conference the new consignment was mixed with the low quality petrol which was being stored in the Kolonnawa storage tank 41.

He said the petrol consisted of some tar-like substance which he displayed showed the journalists.

“We will get back to square one if vehicles are damaged again,” Mr. Jayasekera said.

He said CPC officials could not be blamed because it was the politicians in the subject ministry who had ordered the distribution of the petrol despite it being of inferior quality.

Mr. Jayasekera said more than 8000 complaints were received from motorists the last time this low quality petrol was distributed.