• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Door Sound

ThunderBolt

Hi all,

Is there a way to restore the door closing sound of a car to its original state (Click sound).

any ideas?

cheap solution would be to metal fill the door lock catches on the door as well as on the pillar. If door pins are worn out, either replace them or get a good lathe guy to repair/re-fix door pins. Rubber beadings too play a vital role in this, make sure they're in good condition and you got the ones made for the specific make/model. I've seen some have replaced with any junk found on Delkanda and door has to be slammed to be caught by the lock/catches.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to restore the door closing sound of a car to its original state (Click sound).

any ideas?

Like harshan said, i think the beadings would do the trick, i've seen it work in some classic cars..

I agree with Harshan.I also thought a new set of beadings would bring back the original sound,but it did not happen...So my baas fella realigned the doors,refurbished the lock and re-positioned the "lock hook"(which turned out to be the main culprit).Bare in mind that this was a very old car undergoing restoration,so use caution when trying these on a newer vehicle.

Recommend L.P Gunaratne at Darley road for beadings.

I agree with Harshan.I also thought a new set of beadings would bring back the original sound,but it did not happen...So my baas fella realigned the doors,refurbished the lock and re-positioned the "lock hook"(which turned out to be the main culprit).Bare in mind that this was a very old car undergoing restoration,so use caution when trying these on a newer vehicle.

Recommend L.P Gunaratne at Darley road for beadings.

can I have his contact number.

can I have his contact number.

L.P Gunartne is actually the name of the shop - 0112685848

I found that phone number via a quick Google search.Let me know if it doesn't work.I probably have a couple of their bills lying around the house which I'll look up if needed.

L.P Gunartne is actually the name of the shop - 0112685848

I found that phone number via a quick Google search.Let me know if it doesn't work.I probably have a couple of their bills lying around the house which I'll look up if needed.

Imagined one going to kudda fellows on Darley road asking "who's L.P. Gunaratne?" :D

BTW, as of recent, they have deveoped a habbit of ripping off some frequent visitors and I felt I was a victim twice, sadly. Negotiate prices and check the quality thoroughly after they complete the job.

Imagined one going to kudda fellows on Darley road asking "who's L.P. Gunaratne?" :D

BTW, as of recent, they have deveoped a habbit of ripping off some frequent visitors and I felt I was a victim twice, sadly. Negotiate prices and check the quality thoroughly after they complete the job.

Aw that sucks.Used to be the only place for rubbers I could recommend whole heartedly.

Aw that sucks.Used to be the only place for rubbers I could recommend whole heartedly.

I don't know man there seem to be a lot of places selling quality rubber these days. Health Guard, harcourts, and those pharmacies inside food city. Just buy the imported stuff. The local ones are not that great and may cause leaks.

I dunno if you missed the double entendre in there Don, but ..... :lol:

Daamn...How did I miss that :action-smiley-060:

I don't know man there seem to be a lot of places selling quality rubber these days. Health Guard, harcourts, and those pharmacies inside food city. Just buy the imported stuff. The local ones are not that great and may cause leaks.

Thanks for the recomendations machan.But the imported and local stuff are both no good for me coz they're all too small.I have L.P Gunaratne make custom ones according to my measurements(19").Ol' L.P is very gentle with my merchandise and his beading is always flawless. :P

And beware of the CHINESE!!! :lol:

Er.......I said about the rubber.

Edited by luckey007

ThunderBolt,

L.P.Gunaratne it is on a very old shop but you can get any type of rubber beading's the shop is almost to words Maradana next to Fire Brigade Headquarters on Darly road if you come from Union place junction opposite side of St Joseph's college.Do not go as far as the college.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks alot guys. :)

ThunderBolt,

L.P.Gunaratne it is on a very old shop but you can get any type of rubber beading's the shop is almost to words Maradana next to Fire Brigade Headquarters on Darly road if you come from Union place junction opposite side of St Joseph's college.Do not go as far as the college.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.