• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is This Gadget?

sahan321

Question

I recently bought a Toyota Belta (unregistered - 2008). There is some electronic gadget below the steering wheel (pls see the pics) which make some announcements when the engine starts, stops, etc. Unfortunately the voice in Japansese which I dont understand.

I just wonder what this gadget is and whether there is any possibility to change the language to English.

Thanks in advance.

imag0047qj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imag0046vt.jpg

imag0047qj.jpg

13 answers to this question

you don't know what the gadget is and want to change the language to english? I suggest you call Pet#o La#ka and explain to them that you want this to be converted to english regardless of what it does.

Edited by jdnet

On a serious note, just unplug it and toss it in the trash. You might be able to sell it off to another joker. Just tell him it's a mysterious device that talks in japanese and all the cool people have it.

Edited by jdnet

you don't know what the gadget is and want to change the language to english? I suggest you call Pet#o La#ka and explain to them that you want this to be converted to english regardless of what it does.

I think he wants to get a hint via instructions. if that voice instructions are English , anyone can get a better idea about the device.

• Like 1

Thanks for info. By the way what is this ETC service? So isn't there any use of this gadget for Sri Lanka?

I already stated what its used for. And no there is no use for it in SL right now.

Thanks for info. By the way what is this ETC service? So isn't there any use of this gadget for Sri Lanka?

Since that Observer article on the Expressway says that they will start an electronic toll system soon, you may have some use for it once you get it converted to English.

I already stated what its used for. And no there is no use for it in SL right now.

Since that Observer article on the Expressway says that they will start an electronic toll system soon, you may have some use for it once you get it converted to English.

No you can't. The same RFID will not work here.

• Like 1

I think he wants to get a hint via instructions. if that voice instructions are English , anyone can get a better idea about the device.

You got the point!

Why not download a Japanese phrase translator with voice recognition onto your phone or laptop and check out what it spits out? A google search revealed a number of free apps...