• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corrupt Car Dealers

g-unit

'defendertdi',

One member in another post comfirms he had seen the M/B odometer is tampered in another devloped country this odometer tampaering started in Srilanka to my knowlege after digital meteres was installed for Automobiles.I have been to Vehicle auction my self in devloped countys seen how it is operated.

Certified Inspection certificate comes to srilanka with shipping documents after the certificate comes to the importers hand what not he can do with all new printing tecnology in Srilanka.

Srilankans are capable in doing all crooked things to make rupees and cents.

First 1000.00 Rupee note was printed in Japan by one Srilankan in two citys 260 KMS apart that is one side in one city other side in a nother city. As a note has two thin papers pasted with a security code.The culpricts were taken to Srilanka court of law in 1980end part later was sent to jail in early 1990.Case went on for few years before final H/C judgement.

Chassis numbers altering by grinding the original factory number was done in Japan by our mechanics who was there.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

ya u r correct....bt ma ayya is in Japan(ibaraki) and he sends us a vehicle with odometer changed...can it happen?? i knw most of the importers change the odometer....but i would like to mention that not 100% of the vehicles which comes from japan has changed odometer...

Edited by defendertdi

ya u r correct....bt ma ayya is in Japan(ibaraki) and he sends us a vehicle with odometer changed...can it happen?? i knw most of the importers change the odometer....but i would like to mention that not 100% of the vehicles which comes from japan has changed odometer...

I thought you had a younger sister and not an elder brother.. hmmmm....

Avarage milage per year for Japanese vehicles changes with the location/s car had been used in.

Reason is in bigger cities ( i.e Tokyo and surrounding cities/suburbs, Kyoto, Osaka ) have well developed public transport systems and daytime parking is absurdly expensive ( and other thing most of the workplaces in urban areas do not provide free parking ) and as a result vehicles in those areas are not much used. However in remote areas where Public transport is not readily available and parking space is abundant, vehicle tend to clock lot of mileage. Japan being the very urbanized country, many people tend to live in urban areas and as a result absurdly low mileage in used vehicle is a real possibility.

I bought a car in 2010 and YOM was 2008. I got the all the maintenance records of the vehicle and it perfectly matched with the expressed mileage of 17k.

the sale must have given false maintainance records with an imaginary jap garage :action-smiley-060:

when i went to inspect a car once it had maintainace records written in different pens but a service that had been done an year ago had wet ink :lol:

the sale must have given false maintainance records with an imaginary jap garage :action-smiley-060:

when i went to inspect a car once it had maintainace records written in different pens but a service that had been done an year ago had wet ink :lol:

'toyota ,

As I have posted early Srilankans thought Japanese how to do all crooked things to Vehicle export market before 1978 Japanese was honorable.

Later when the Srilankan market was opened after our country men settled down there they started first was grinding chassis number of older vehicles and re stamp same vehicle. Some number smiler type exported to some other country with false documents.If customs check with manufacturing factory they used to confirm that was within the time limit of export.

When used spare parts started coming to Srilanka they started to cut expensive vehicles into two and export them in two different ships.So that they will be cleared as spares pay less duty not at the same time. Later weld same and register in Srilanka.

Early Japan did not allow vehicles to be shipped without new paint battery and tires and with JAAI certificate to say they are road worthy.Any visitor can export without reconditioning only one vehicle.

Srilankans who visited Japan used to ship few vehicles without reconditioning from different ports of Japan Violating the said rule in Japan. Any vehicle which is allowed to import to srilanka vehicle by producing the passport copy to a shipper.

Later digital Odometer reduction. and biggest fraud was Printing 1000.00 rupee notes in japan.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'toyota ,

As I have posted early Srilankans thought Japanese how to do all crooked things to Vehicle export market before 1978 Japanese was honorable.

Later when the Srilankan market was opened after our country men settled down there they started first was grinding chassis number of older vehicles and re stamp same vehicle. Some number smiler type exported to some other country with false documents.If customs check with manufacturing factory they used to confirm that was within the time limit of export.

When used spare parts started coming to Srilanka they started to cut expensive vehicles into two and export them in two different ships.So that they will be cleared as spares pay less duty not at the same time. Later weld same and register in Srilanka.

Early Japan did not allow vehicles to be shipped without new paint battery and tires and with JAAI certificate to say they are road worthy.Any visitor can export without reconditioning only one vehicle.

Srilankans who visited Japan used to ship few vehicles without reconditioning from different ports of Japan Violating the said rule in Japan. Any vehicle which is allowed to import to srilanka vehicle by producing the passport copy to a shipper.

Later digital Odometer reduction. and biggest fraud was Printing 1000.00 rupee notes in japan.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I'm sorry, did anyone ask for a history lesson on car importing? I don't think anyone did....

I think all crooked car dealers should be named and shamed. At least then we will have less dealers but honest ones.

Waaaw,good thought,but it all wishful thinking ne?...I wish for world peace and big boobs on all women...ain't never gonna happen is it.

Waaaw,good thought,but it all wishful thinking ne?...I wish for world peace and big boobs on all women...ain't never gonna happen is it.

What you want is wishful blonde bimbo thinking!

Naming dealers with reasons is not. List will grow and people will be cautious and maybe even question the dealer, but autolanka will get heat. I wanted to name a few but thought otherwise until an admin approves.

Naming dealers with reasons is not. List will grow and people will be cautious and maybe even question the dealer, but autolanka will get heat. I wanted to name a few but thought otherwise until an admin approves.

Name away, this falls under consumer advice after all... However, make sure you justify why you've named them as well... that way there will be no issue.

How you fight corrupt car dealers is by educating yourself. Not by ranting and complaining.

As long as people remain stupid, car dealers will stay corrupt. Best example I can think of is the fanfare about Sunnys and Corollas in Sri Lanka. A large number of them have been rented out to car rentals and they have been subjected to all kinds of use and abuse. Yet, after some mechanical work, paint job and odo adjustment, here we have a carefully used, one owner, low mileage FB15!

If you advertise one of those cars now, within half a day it will be sold. That's the nature of the car market here. Any wonder that sellers are corrupt?

• Like 2

Alrighty then noob...you start.

• Like 3

Err....are you fellas bein a bit stupid or have I misunderstood the scene? Isn't it the case that the guys have been saying most dealers are corrupt? If i got that right from everyone's sarcy comments above then whats the point of naming them? doesn't it make more sense to post good experiences with dealers rather than the millions of bad?Or are there no good experiences to post? In which case still there"s no point posting bad experiences? Or is it that you guys are baiting genex into wasting his time posting sheer stupidity 'cos you think he's an idiot?

As long as people remain stupid, car dealers will stay corrupt. Best example I can think of is the fanfare about Sunnys and Corollas in Sri Lanka. A large number of them have been rented out to car rentals and they have been subjected to all kinds of use and abuse. Yet, after some mechanical work, paint job and odo adjustment, here we have a carefully used, one owner, low mileage FB15!

If you advertise one of those cars now, within half a day it will be sold. That's the nature of the car market here. Any wonder that sellers are corrupt?

beauty of it all is, even if one smart buyer figures out the car is a disaster, there's another one tripping over his feet to buy it :)

beauty of it all is, even if one smart buyer figures out the car is a disaster, there's another one tripping over his feet to buy it :)

What the Hell am I doing?? I need to be importing pieces of sh.. I mean quality rides with 'genuine mileage' and with stethoscopes on the front seat that the 'Japanese doctor' who owned it last left behind...

Shintaro's Shertified Shits. Hmmm...tag line: Genuine mileage, so get to buyin, bitches.

Edited by ShintaroX

I'm sorry, did anyone ask for a history lesson on car importing? I don't think anyone did....

'Supra_Natural',

Yes you are correct no one asked for same. You find thread some are clueless how to import a vehicle younger generation who become Automobile users and specially new importers have to know the past how Japanese vehicles came to the market when UK,USA,FRENCH.ITALIAN Vehicles were dominating the Srilanka market.

Srilanka automobile history started during colonial time is more than 100 years old it is a pride to have few classic vehicles in our country.

Family tree roots web about our country men is the pride of srilanka History.

I do not post simple Do it your self car cleaning and other simple automobile maintenance methods.

Sylvi wijesinghe.

Err....are you fellas bein a bit stupid or have I misunderstood the scene? Isn't it the case that the guys have been saying most dealers are corrupt? If i got that right from everyone's sarcy comments above then whats the point of naming them? doesn't it make more sense to post good experiences with dealers rather than the millions of bad?Or are there no good experiences to post? In which case still there"s no point posting bad experiences? Or is it that you guys are baiting genex into wasting his time posting sheer stupidity 'cos you think he's an idiot?

[/quote

'Shintoist',

There are few importers who do in large scale imports others are following them big timers have large profits small timers have told me personally due to big timers they exist if not for the big timers profits they sell little less and do their business.

Even in Japan the cost of used vehicles had gone up due to our Srilankan buyers bid very high in auctions.

Ultimately end user pays (new used automobile users) all what he had saved in his life time

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

ShintaroX on 10 August 2011 - 7.25PM, said:

'Shintoist',

There are few importers who do in large scale imports others are following them big timers have large profits small timers have told me personally due to big timers they exist if not for the big timers profits they sell little less and do their business.

Even in Japan the cost of used vehicles had gone up due to our Srilankan buyers bid very high in auctions.

Ultimately end user pays (new used automobile users) all what he had saved in his life time

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

huh? what did you smoke this morning sylvi? :D puff, puff, pass ok, don't hog that shit... hehe

I seriously don't see the point in this habit of yours of changing people's alias when you reply. I can get it when you try to insult someone who insulted you, but ShintaroX wasn't even addressing you on that post.

'Pericles',

I have misunderstand that post if it is so I apologize.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.