• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Lx 141 Diesel 2.0

Nissan cdj

YEAH REALLY I WANT TO HAVE SOME GREAT INFO ABOUT THIS

CAN YOU PLEASE TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK. IT'S THE SLIGHTLY LARGER BUTTON ON THE FAR LEFT SIDE OF YOUR KEYBOARD THAT SAYS "CAPS LOCK." THANK YOU.

Edited by jdnet

WHATS THIS CAR HOW TO FIND ONE AND ITS RARE WHY IS THIS ?

PLEASE EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS

THNX

THIS IS BECAUSE THIS CAR WAS MOSTLY BROUGHT DOWN ON PERMITS (DUE TO THE EXCESSIVE TAXES ON IMPORTING DIESEL CARS IN SRI LANKA)AND THESE CARS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE FOR SALE ONCE THE MINIMUM OWNERSHIP TIMES ON THE PERMITS HAVE EXPIRED.

And as somebody said, please don't use full caps on forums. It's equivalent to shouting :)

THNX

ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS

Q: WHATS THIS CAR?

A: A TOYOTA COROLLA WITH AN ANCIENT DIESEL ENGINE BOUGHT BY GULLIBLE FOOLS BECAUSE IT HAS A TOYOTA BADGE

Q: HOW TO FIND ONE?

A: LOOK IN THE NEWSPAPERS, AL CLASSIFIEDS ETC

Q: ITS RARE WHY IS THIS?

A: BECAUSE THERE WEREN'T AS MANY GULLIBLE FOOLS AS EXPECTED

Q: PLEASE EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS

A: NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS, THEY SEEM TO BE A UNIQUELY SRI LANKAN PHENOMENON. PRETTY MUCH THE SAME STORY WITH MARUTI LOVERS TOO

ALSO, PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY!

THANK YOU

• Like 3

A: A TOYOTA COROLLA WITH AN ANCIENT DIESEL ENGINE BOUGHT BY GULLIBLE FOOLS BECAUSE IT HAS A TOYOTA BADGE

A: NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS, THEY SEEM TO BE A UNIQUELY SRI LANKAN PHENOMENON. PRETTY MUCH THE SAME STORY WITH MARUTI LOVERS TOO

THANK YOU

:lol: pure awesomeness

THANK YOU

:angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048:

bdw i heard another reason why its rare, cause it came only in manual transmission

@Super natural

brother i think you should find about other new diesel cars in Sri lanka before commenting about the diesel corolla 141.I think you might have heard about the dumb diesel Peugeot 407 which the clutch plate fails in 5000Km,10000Km,35000Km.The replacement cost from the agent would be normally Rs 80000 -Rs 100000 The same applies to the VW jetta (Dual mass flywheel problem )These modern diesel cars comes with TDI,HPDI or even toyota's 4d4 engines needs quality diesel fuel and which are very hard to repair.Stupid Rexton jeeps front axels fails even putting to a small road hole.Therefore i think the corolla diesel 141 might be the sutable vehicle for the next 10 years to use as a diesel.

• Like 1

141 Diesel comes with a 2000 cc (2C) engine which dates back to 1990, however given the simplicity of the engine the car will be easier/ cheaper maintain than any other modern diesel which needs high quality low sulfur diesel fuel which is not available in Sri Lanka (even the so called super diesel partly meets the requirement of modern diesel engines)

If taken care the engine should last more than 200-250k without any trouble (personal experience with a CE100/ CE196)

Good buy if you can live with the mediocre power (bloody slow) and the manual gear box. However do not pay anything over 4.5 Mn. (you could buy the much better petrol with auto for around 3.5 Mn., there are plenty around) not worth unless you are covering more than 20-30K annually.

Toyota did not offer auto in this car, maybe there is not enough power to pull off from stand still.

Chithraka8, nano31 and kush. At least the three of you have given some valuable information to the originator. The rest was regular crap trying to be sarcastic about the one who posted the question, picking on capslock and grammer etc without addition any value to the soul who wanted to get some info.

• Like 1

Chithraka8, nano31 and kush. At least the three of you have given some valuable information to the originator. The rest was regular crap trying to be sarcastic about the one who posted the question, picking on capslock and grammer etc without addition any value to the soul who wanted to get some info.

You are wrong, noone ever does such petty stuff like you mentioned. Btw it's grammar, not grammer.

Edited by ShintaroX

nano31 said nothing about a diesel 141 at any point.

chinthakar8 merely bitched about non toyota's and assumes that 141s will be good cars compared to other 'dumb' cars.

so HOW is that valuable information? Are you rallying for support to become the mayor of j***a$$-ville?

• Like 1

It's a rare car on Sri lankan roads mainly because it was offered only as a manual. If you can drive a manual and live with the fact that it's pretty slow, you'll be surprised by the economy and decent comfort. Good luck find one though.

@ kush,

141D comes with 3c engine.

As u said it aint that much slower in acceleration friend. Just drive and comment!

Dude you have got yourself confused, 141D in SL comes with 2C EFI engine which has meager 74 bhp.

Yes JDM Toyotas were offered with the 3C engine which is 2.2 L, in SL 2C was offered as that was the max engine size allowed on the lower category of the concessionary permits for government servants in 2007.

3C engine was never offered in the 141 however it was offered in 121 (Japan Only)

I know these facts because I negotiated with Toyota Lanka to get down a 141 on my Mom’s permit and was offered a car in their first shipment of 141’s. (Did not opt for the Diesel because of the low power 74 bhp Manual shift, and the ancient 2C engine which was offered)

I have driven the 141D and believe me it is SLOW.

There are differences in brand new diesel sold by agent and the ones brought down from Japan. I don't see a point in spending quite a lot of money on the diesel version offered by agents as it's a stripped down version of 141 with an old diesel engine as oppose to common rail engine offered in other continents. All was to match the permit which has been on offer back then.

Why rare? the value was exorbitantly high if you don't have a permit, even if you do, the options were not tempting for permit holders. A petrol 141 Automatic with better options and lots of bells and whistles could've been purchased at a lower price for the permit. Old motor which was adequate for 121 body was not sufficient for this bigger body and power/weight ratio is not the best as in other Corollas. (this issue is there for 1.6l version offered in local context)

@ kush,

Thanks for the in put.

Two months ago I saw 141D with 3C engine, but it was permit car. I saw the badge over the engine!

Now im little bit confused.

I recently gotta know that the CE 113 which has 3C engine similar to CR42.But I havent seen single 113 in Sri Lanka yet

THNX

no need to shout man!

as other members explained.

its a car that came for permit, and i remember when axio's started rolling in

there was one 141D advertised in Hitad for nearly 10Mil bucks.

there were quite a few after that as well.

and for "LEASE EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS"

they are a bunch of people who owns, or planing to own a Corolla

and a bunch of people who think that the Corolla is the best car in the whole world

mainly because they don't step out much or haven't got to drive anything else :)

@ kush,

Thanks for the in put.

Two months ago I saw 141D with 3C engine, but it was permit car. I saw the badge over the engine!

Now im little bit confused.

I recently gotta know that the CE 113 which has 3C engine similar to CR42.But I havent seen single 113 in Sri Lanka yet

Yes after 2000, 3C was offered in JDM Toyotas, (Corolla, Sprinter, Carina, Corona)

However this engine was never offered to SL because of the engine capacity restrictions of concessionary permits on which most of the cars were imported.

As far as I know 141 was never offered with 3C anywhere in the world, it is offered with newer diesel engines in other countries.

In India they are offering 4-D4 1.4L common rail turbo diesel which has bit more power.

As for the 3C 141 you saw, I have my doubts, it could be a conversion better check with the agent.

no need to shout man!

as other members explained.

its a car that came for permit, and i remember when axio's started rolling in

there was one 141D advertised in Hitad for nearly 10Mil bucks.

there were quite a few after that as well.

and for "LEASE EXPLAIN COROLLA LOVERS"

they are a bunch of people who owns, or planing to own a Corolla

and a bunch of people who think that the Corolla is the best car in the whole world

mainly because they don't step out much or haven't got to drive anything else :)

35 million people cannot go wrong, it is the bestselling car in the automotive history, surpassing Ford model –T, VW beetle, VW Golf.

I have owned 4 Toyotas since 1994 covered over 300k km on them and they have never let me down.

For the excitement you could always have flings with Euros and go back home for your reliable Toyota.