• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Gear Issue - Fb 15

Dear All,

My car ( Nissan FB 15) has some auto gear issue,1st , 2nd and 3rd gears change without any issue. but after that there is some level of difficult to change 4th. It change after lot effort. i checked ATF and it color between red and brown. i may be solve after change ATF. Is there any good place to change ATF near Kurunegala or Gamapaha area

Dear All,

My car ( Nissan FB 15) has some auto gear issue,1st , 2nd and 3rd gears change without any issue. but after that there is some level of difficult to change 4th. It change after lot effort. i checked ATF and it color between red and brown. i may be solve after change ATF. Is there any good place to change ATF near Kurunegala or Gamapaha area

If 1,2 &3rd gears changes without an issue, it's not something related to ATF.

And also oil condition cannot be visually checked.

You better test whether u have "ON" overdrive. (4th gear)

If ON, u might have gear box issue or overdrive circuit related issue.

See if the Automatic Transmission Kickdown Cable and look for any excessive laxity or tension and adjust it accordingly.

It runs from the autobox to the throttle controller unit the adjustment could only be done at the engine side

Edited by nano31

• 9 months later...

Dear All,

this gear box issue is common case on this FB15 model. so better go to good Garage and check.

I managed to solve issue, It happen due RUB raser issue. Front wheel hub rasers replaced and problem solve. Actually that Hum sound comes from hub raser not gear changing issue

Thanks for every one who make contribution

But but but.... How does that effect your transmission problem?

Brings to mind the way in which that privateer jaguar mech in moratuwa started explaining a problem: "méke prashne thiyenne hand brake eka connect karala thiyenne rear brake calipers walata né"

Mr. Dhanushka Gunasinghe had posted two threads one is for autobox and other is for front hub noise and seems he updated a wrong thread