• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jaguar - Fuel Economy

ocean

Once drove a S type,didn't know how big is the engine,dissapointed ride quality anyway.

Not sure all Jag's like the same or it's something with the particular car I drove.It was brand new,low miles back then.

Once drove a S type,didn't know how big is the engine,dissapointed ride quality anyway.

Not sure all Jag's like the same or it's something with the particular car I drove.It was brand new,low miles back then.

weird... have been driven on a brand new s type myself... except for poor leg room in the back seat... ride quality was pretty damn good. good handling too...

it was a very VERY unreliabe car though.

Funny enough after so much of grief and very pricey repair bills...the owner upgraded to an XF.

Buying a JAG and asking for fuel economy , a whole new combination cheers

I think its like this. You can buy a second hand Jag for a very reasonable price. This is a good idea if you have another car for daily travelling. Otherwise you are in trouble. Another thing, if you try to maintain ur car at Reg#$cy you are also in trouble. B'cos they always charge you alot (For some parts you have to wait for weeks or even months). Take your Jag to a reliable garage for maintenance There is no rocket science in Jag. But dnt take it to M#g C%ty plssss...!!

Those who says its not comfortable may be they are using 45 or 50 profile tires. Its not suitable for roads here. Use atleast 55 or 60 profile tires. (Go to Unit@# Mot#$s for Yokohama or go to D^M@ for Michelin). Its better to buy 60 profile tires b'cos they are much cheaper, but Michelin 60 profile is only available with R16 tires @ D^M@. If you have R17 you have to go to 55 profile. (But better to check whether they have R17 / 60 profile)

I used a 2.5L first generation X type few years back. Ride quality is best with the original 17" wheels and superb stability. Fual consumption is 5-6 Km/l for city and 7-8 km/l out station. It was a very reliable car. But very expensive to maintain.

We sold this JAG two years ago and so this beauty last monday at Rajagiriya.