• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spontaneous Combustion - Tata Nano

matroska

To start with Tata Nano Megapixel is a concept car done for 2012 Geneva motorshow. Car is powered by four Independent electric motors and Li-ion Battery pack. Combustion tank is a 325cc petrol genny and one tank full provide 900 Kms range.Battery only will give 87Kms. completely away from the ordinary Nano league.

MINIACE

So we are looking at more or less the next generation g-whiz? Wonder who came up with the name for this one, bloody terrible.

mmm that looks very impressing, hard to believe its from tata. hope its good inside as well as outside, and hope it does not catch fire this time.

why is that..?..i think the indians can match the japanese in interior but not the engine and ride quality as at yet...if you have seent the TATA manza you will realise what i am talking about..... so this new nano is not that surprising when we call it from TATA

why is that..?..i think the indians can match the japanese in interior but not the engine and ride quality as at yet...if you have seent the TATA manza you will realise what i am talking about..... so this new nano is not that surprising when we call it from TATA

You, good sir, are mentally incapable of commenting on the quality of a vehicle.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 2

Members,

Very soon three wheelers will go out of business because Nano is running at 40.00 Rupees for a Kilometer.

A/C comfort with very competitive rates. my next door Gent has put into service 10 nano cars.

He had 20 three wheelers, got rid of his three wheelers keeping only one.

I personally think having Nano taxies in Colombo is a good thing for developing country like us.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Better than Honda, Thailand? Whatever, Tata seem to be putting the money into the Nano production facilities.

That's some level of automation, eh? Won't be long before there's nobody in the factories except the guy who puts the cat out, switches the lights off and locks the front door in the evening.

• Like 1

my dear just becuase some one does not like what you like does not make him mentally incapable.........dont be silly.give me a break.....

Exactly. You need experience to form informed opinions. Otherwise describing what a good car should be to a dude who has only seen a Maruti is like describing the quality of light to someone who has been blind from birth. But that doesn't mean the blind man is mentally incapable.

Members,

Very soon three wheelers will go out of business because Nano is running at 40.00 Rupees for a Kilometer.

A/C comfort with very competitive rates. my next door Gent has put into service 10 nano cars.

I personally think having Nano taxies in Colombo is a good thing for developing country like us.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I think it's time that the government gets rid of this three wheel menace at least in the city. Nano cabs is the viable option.

I think it's time that the government gets rid of this three wheel menace at least in the city. Nano cabs is the viable option.

Nano cabs are at least 10bucks a km more than a metered tuk. I've used both, and I'd only call a Nano if it was either raining or I was wearing a jacket and wanted A/C. And this is me travelling with camera gear. If I didn't have my cam gear and it was raining, I'd still use the tuk

Members,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr. Wijesinghe,

Just because your neighbour got nano taxis doesn't mean three wheelers are going to go out of business.

If you check the classifieds in weekend sinhala papers you would know how many nanos are now up for sale because the guys who are running as taxis have given them up.

It could be just a passing fad (in sinhala, we call it a 'rella') like the soluna taxis we had sometime back.

Sincerely,

Crosswind

4 wheels instead of 3 with same drivers? :D

Well at least it's difficult to creep in between vehicles or overtake from left unlike the tuks. They have to move in line with the other vehicles so there will be some sort of enforced discipline.

Edited by rover

Mr. Wijesinghe,

Just because your neighbour got nano taxis doesn't mean three wheelers are going to go out of business.

If you check the classifieds in weekend sinhala papers you would know how many nanos are now up for sale because the guys who are running as taxis have given them up.

It could be just a passing fad (in sinhala, we call it a 'rella') like the soluna taxis we had sometime back.

Sincerely,

Crosswind

Mr.'Crosswind'

AS you say three wheelers are difficult to get out from our roads. I do not dispute your point on your post. Three wheelers are running from 32.00 Rupees to 35.00 Rupees metered ones. Others run as they like charge as they want some times the cost to the traveler will be 50.00 Rupees for a kilometer.

Very soon all three wheelers will have to fix meters if not no one will get in to them, that is what happened to my next door person when Nano entered to the Taxi service and three wheelers fixed meters his drivers lost their income by 80 %. Because he did not have meters.

Cost for a kilometer on a three wheeler will be around Rupees. 12.50 including fuel and other wastage( Repair cost and Tire wastage) Three wheelers are running nearly 200% profit for a kilometer. Three wheeler driver get average of Rupees 2000.00 minimum for a day

I do not think Nano do that much of Kilometers for a liter of petrol like a three wheeler, their running cost must be around 20.00 Rupees for a kilometer. so if Nano runs at 40.00 rupees for a kilometer it is a good profit for the owner.

It will take some time to pickup the nano taxi service in Srilanka.What Srilankan mentality is to make as much as they can make with a investment in no time. they are the people who are trying to get rid of those Nano cars are belongs to that category.

Only thing is Nano should not increase the Rupees 40.00 for a kilometer. There are few established taxi services they run at 60.00 Rupees for a kilometer they have some up market people who users them

Above is my opinion on Nano cab services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Exactly. You need experience to form informed opinions. Otherwise describing what a good car should be to a dude who has only seen a Maruti is like describing the quality of light to someone who has been blind from birth. But that doesn't mean the blind man is mentally incapable.

i was not referring to a maruti..........????

Fine, Tata then. I was just talking in general, but the specific applies too.

still your argument does not hold sense..........say a man who owns a so called good car (say european) can still say that the tata manza is good. Also your wording "good car" can be relative from person to person......... :)

still your argument does not hold sense..........say a man who owns a so called good car (say european) can still say that the tata manza is good. Also your wording "good car" can be relative from person to person......... :)

You're making an assumption. I'm stating a certainty

Mr.'Crosswind'

AS you say three wheelers are difficult to get out from our roads. I do not dispute your point on your post. Three wheelers are running from 32.00 Rupees to 35.00 Rupees metered ones. Others run as they like charge as they want some times the cost to the traveler will be 50.00 Rupees for a kilometer.

Very soon all three wheelers will have to fix meters if not no one will get in to them, that is what happened to my next door person when Nano entered to the Taxi service and three wheelers fixed meters his drivers lost their income by 80 %. Because he did not have meters.

Cost for a kilometer on a three wheeler will be around Rupees. 12.50 including fuel and other wastage( Repair cost and Tire wastage) Three wheelers are running nearly 200% profit for a kilometer. Three wheeler driver get average of Rupees 2000.00 minimum for a day

I do not think Nano do that much of Kilometers for a liter of petrol like a three wheeler, their running cost must be around 20.00 Rupees for a kilometer. so if Nano runs at 40.00 rupees for a kilometer it is a good profit for the owner.

It will take some time to pickup the nano taxi service in Srilanka.What Srilankan mentality is to make as much as they can make with a investment in no time. they are the people who are trying to get rid of those Nano cars are belongs to that category.

Only thing is Nano should not increase the Rupees 40.00 for a kilometer. There are few established taxi services they run at 60.00 Rupees for a kilometer they have some up market people who users them

Above is my opinion on Nano cab services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

1) Had your neighbor fixed meters to all his tuks for 10k each, he would have improved his income.

2) Nanos cost around 3x the price of a new tuk. So kindly calculate the return on investment to compare the profitability.

3) No one would stop a nano on the road as much as tuks (yet) so one will need a call center or must go with a company.

Edited by NPP

i think the indians can match the japanese in interior

though at a first glance the interior looks good in the manza, does not mean that Indians can match the Japanese or Euro quality, maybe it can happen in a few years time but not as yet. It probably even feel comfortable brand new, but in the long run I doubt those parts will hold together like a jap or euro car does. I have seen lot of bad reviews in the net about the cheap plastics and bad finishing in the manza interior. But I do agree interior is better looking than any other Indian crap.