• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Good Place To Repair Phones ?

kalana

Please refer to the post by Kalana only person I can say is this Mr.R Wijgunawardana. His contact number is on that post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks for the post Sylvi but i'm not looking for repair one i looking for user reviews of that mobile phone.

my friend uses this phone and its a great phone. but IMO little bit bulky. and the plastic casing looks and feels cheap( to me). Doesn't have the best resolution screen in the market. but Super AMOLED plus screen is gorgeous.And if you are in to custom roms and stuff, you can have soo many roms and stuff for this device. Battery life is great. My friend gets 2 days with heavy usage.hope this helps :)

thanks for your post kalana you are correct plastic casing is ain't that good i heard that this phone get over overheated and i heard with heavy using battery don't last a full day.

Edited by nexus

first of all sorry for resurrecting this old thread and going OT on it.

are there any samsung galaxy s2 users in autolanka? if so please let me know what are the major problems you found on it and is it a good decision to buy one?

thanks in advance. :)

if these post break any rules please remove this post.

I am not using this phone. But I think this is one of the best phones ever. Still in the top 5 phones in the world. 1.2GHz dual core, 1GB ram, 256MB vga (or 128MB) means it powerful as a laptop. If I remember correctly this can be overclocked at 1.5GHz. I think its only cons is its size.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9100_galaxy_s_ii-review-597.php

thanks for the post Sylvi but i'm not looking for repair one i looking for user reviews of that mobile phone.

thanks for your post kalana you are correct plastic casing is ain't that good i heard that this phone get over overheated and i heard with heavy using battery don't last a full day.

ur welcome mate :) but im gonna disagree with the battery life part. my friend is a heavy user and his previous phone was a sensation 4g.it barely kept a full day but he says that this can keep him away from the charger for 1.5 - 2 days :)

first of all sorry for resurrecting this old thread and going OT on it.

are there any samsung galaxy s2 users in autolanka? if so please let me know what are the major problems you found on it and is it a good decision to buy one?

thanks in advance. :)

if these post break any rules please remove this post.

Why don't you just get a Galaxy Nexus? Matches your screen name better :)

• Like 2

btwn, did u check the LG g2x and motorola atrix 2 ? those phones are very nice :) (there are some people who prefers atrix 2 over GS 2 :):)

G2x is a great phone. Only problem is battery. Maximum 2 day (actually when not using :speechless-smiley-004:).

No 1 phone at the moment. And with ICS. But only 5MP. And its screen size. I personally think 4" is the best for a phone.

I am not using this phone. But I think this is one of the best phones ever. Still in the top 5 phones in the world. 1.2GHz dual core, 1GB ram, 256MB vga (or 128MB) means it powerful as a laptop. If I remember correctly this can be overclocked at 1.5GHz. I think its only cons is its size.

http://www.gsmarena....-review-597.php

thanks nirosha.

btwn, did u check the LG g2x and motorola atrix 2 ? those phones are very nice :) (there are some people who prefers atrix 2 over GS 2 :):)

i check the atrix 2 i choose galaxy s2 over atrix 2 because galaxy s2 can be upgraded to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich and i check the LG g2x thanks kalana.

yeah i'm considering that to :D but i'm don't like it's 5mp camera in galaxy nexus thanks peri.

G2x is a great phone. Only problem is battery. Maximum 2 day (actually when not using :speechless-smiley-004:).

No 1 phone at the moment. And with ICS. But only 5MP. And its screen size. I personally think 4" is the best for a phone.

thanks. :)

thanks nirosha.

i check the atrix 2 i choose galaxy s2 over atrix 2 because galaxy s2 can be upgraded to android 4.0 ice cream sandwich and i check the LG g2x thanks kalana.

G2x is American version (from T-Mobile only) of the Optimus 2x. And better gaming performance (nvidia tegra 2 GPU) than Galaxy S II. G2x will receive ICS in 3rd quarter of this year. But Optimus 2x will get in Q2.

no one considering SE Arc S (next on my list actually)

I think G2x better and cheaper than Arc S.

• Like 1

G2x is American version (from T-Mobile only) of the Optimus 2x. And better gaming performance (nvidia tegra 2 GPU) than Galaxy S II. G2x will receive ICS in 3rd quarter of this year. But Optimus 2x will get in Q2.

I think G2x better and cheaper than Arc S.

thanks. didn't ring a bell since it was LG and i think not available locally yet.

only cons compared to arc S are the slightly smaller screen and the android version i guess. seems a good pick for that price

yeah i'm considering that to :D but i'm don't like it's 5mp camera in galaxy nexus thanks peri.

No one who knows anything about Cameras would care a spit about the mpx on a phone cam. The Nexus cam features are some of the most amazing yet, specially that no shutter lag feature.

IMO, even 5mp is too much for a phone. 3.2 to 4 would be ok. Even I have a 8mp shooter, but I use it at 2mp.

Stuff like screen size and all are ok, but the camera res is really not something to look at on a phone.

Tell me what your gonna do with more than 5mp. If you can justify that stance, then we'll see.

• Like 1

No one who knows anything about Cameras would care a spit about the mpx on a phone cam. The Nexus cam features are some of the most amazing yet, specially that no shutter lag feature.

IMO, even 5mp is too much for a phone. 3.2 to 4 would be ok. Even I have a 8mp shooter, but I use it at 2mp.

Stuff like screen size and all are ok, but the camera res is really not something to look at on a phone.

Tell me what your gonna do with more than 5mp. If you can justify that stance, then we'll see.

first of all i don't know much abut cameras.

i thought galaxy nexus have same camera as galaxy s1. any ways i thought more pixels mean better quality pictures so i thought galaxy s2 have more quality pictures than galaxy nexus.

point taken thanks.

Edited by nexus

totally agree with the peri. you cant match a phone camera with a good digital camera.So quality isnt the MP. and its very unlikey that we use our photos to print for big banners so it doesn't matter if it is a 5 or 8 MP.

i have a vibrant, which is the T-Mobile version of Galaxy S and it has a 5 MP camera like the google nexus. but picture quality is better in google nexus so i think you can get the idea :)

A plus point of the google nexus is it will get all the updates asap not like other models.

but still, there are devs who make custom roms so it can be sorted. ( i am running on ICS too :D )

coming back the the topic, SGS2 is a very nice phone. i recommond it if u dont mind the bulkiness.

thanks all of you guys for your comments and advices appreciate it my first choice was to buy a samsung galaxy nexus but i couldn't find any galaxy nexus in kandy however if i have found one it's above my budget. :( any ways after much consideration i finally brought a samsung galaxy s2 and i'm very happy with it again thanks fellas for your help. :)

• Like 1

thanks all of you guys for your comments and advices appreciate it my first choice was to buy a samsung galaxy nexus but i couldn't find any galaxy nexus in kandy however if i have found one it's above my budget. :( any ways after much consideration i finally brought a samsung galaxy s2 and i'm very happy with it again thanks fellas for your help. :)

good choice mate. :)

between, how much was it ?

very good choice. do you mind sharing price and etc.

Btw visit www.getjar.com for 100 free android apps (actually they are paid versions. but they offer it free.). also gameloft offered $0.99 for some of their games @ android market.

Good choice Nexus, Im trying to upgrade from the GS but having a hard time selling it for a decent price :(

Btw visit www.getjar.com for 100 free android apps (actually they are paid versions. but they offer it free.). also gameloft offered $0.99 for some of their games @ android market.

Gameloft is a PIA as it forces to D/L stuff from a WiFI network eventhough i want to D/L it from the carrier.

But having said that, they do have the most amazing games!

Try www.4shared.com, they have a much batter apk collection than getjar !

Edited by bogzy
  • Like 1

Droid RAZR :love-smiley-013:

I like having a proper QWERTY keyboard :)

i thought droid is only a CDMA phone :speechless-smiley-019:

Droid 4 is 4G LTE. It seems to have HSDPA, tho I'm not sure its the right frequencies.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_droid_4_xt894-4418.php

Anyway, need to wait for a non-Verizon world phone version. And I'd rather get one with ICS already on board, so no hurry. But that is exactly the keyboard I have been looking for.

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_droid_4_xt894-pictures-4418.php

• Like 1

good choice mate. :)

between, how much was it ?

thanks guys it's cost me 65K and Nirosha thanks for the link fella. :)

Good choice Nexus, Im trying to upgrade from the GS but having a hard time selling it for a decent price :(

Gameloft is a PIA as it forces to D/L stuff from a WiFI network eventhough i want to D/L it from the carrier.

But having said that, they do have the most amazing games!

Try www.4shared.com, they have a much batter apk collection than getjar !

thanks bogzy. :)

man these phone technologies has gotten so advanced in the last few years. also prices seems to have dropped a bit.

I remember the time when I bought my nokia 6230i back in 2005 cost me 32k! :blink: :blink: in that time it was a good phone, and after 7 years Im still using it. Only things I have changed is the charging IC and the battery. dropped it about 10 times but nothing happened very durable phone.