• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Ideas For A Project

jdnet

KE 20 should be less than 200k as he just needs a body if he is lucky can even get for 125-175 range too,check the sinhala papers

Hi All,

Very interesting topic. I was just planning to post such a topic. I was also thinking of changing a engine. This is my case: I'll be getting a old KE72 at very cheap price with a engine that has issues. I'm planning to fix a powerful engine to this. But there are condition. KE72 SHOULD LOOK AS ORIGINAL..!! (I mean innocent looking car with a killer engine) Can anyone suggest me the best option for this. Hope you are getting my point, from out side its the original KE72 even no air intake holes but inside a engine (may be 3L or 4.5L petrol engine if possible).

Do you think that i should change the diff and axl as well? (to support high speeds). Budget i'm thinking is abt 2lks for paint job and other repairs and abt 5lks for the engine modification(if possible not to exceed 5lks for engine stuff).

PS - Sorry if this is a very stupid question as i dnt have mechanical knowledge.. :(

if im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong) you definitely need to change the differential and the gear box to be compatible with the new engine

btw,how much are you getting that KE72 for ?

Hi All,

Very interesting topic. I was just planning to post such a topic. I was also thinking of changing a engine. This is my case: I'll be getting a old KE72 at very cheap price with a engine that has issues. I'm planning to fix a powerful engine to this. But there are condition. KE72 SHOULD LOOK AS ORIGINAL..!! (I mean innocent looking car with a killer engine) Can anyone suggest me the best option for this. Hope you are getting my point, from out side its the original KE72 even no air intake holes but inside a engine (may be 3L or 4.5L petrol engine if possible).

Do you think that i should change the diff and axl as well? (to support high speeds). Budget i'm thinking is abt 2lks for paint job and other repairs and abt 5lks for the engine modification(if possible not to exceed 5lks for engine stuff).

PS - Sorry if this is a very stupid question as i dnt have mechanical knowledge.. :(

Jd you can easily find a KE20 for between 1-2 lakhs, my cousin bought one for 1.75.

Its in running condition, well partially if you ignore the fact that you need to keep the engine running for about 5 mins for the clutch to work properly but other than that its fine.Something like that would go for dirt cheap these days, and considering the fact that you dont need a running engine makes the deal even better.

Just below 2.5Lks..:angry-smiley-048:

(But has quite a lot of repair work to do. currently not in running condition):(

if im not mistaken (correct me if im wrong) you definitely need to change the differential and the gear box to be compatible with the new engine

btw,how much are you getting that KE72 for ?

Jd you can easily find a KE20 for between 1-2 lakhs, my cousin bought one for 1.75.

Its in running condition, well partially if you ignore the fact that you need to keep the engine running for about 5 mins for the clutch to work properly but other than that its fine.Something like that would go for dirt cheap these days, and considering the fact that you dont need a running engine makes the deal even better.

ah great. Will be looking into it. The condition of the engine doesn't matter so I guess i'm good. Also not worried about the overall condition of the interior and exterior. As long as there isn't any rot I should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Machan that's way cool. The problem for me is the cost. I'm planning to keep get a really cheap car maximum about 350.

there is a KE 20 in col-2 just put up for sale....needs work to be done....but maybe good for your project...interested?