• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Tactic To Get Around A Police Officer(Traffic)

MoneyMaker

Tactic i used recently was ignoring like nothing happened and slowly driving away, when I crossed double lines for a second and two cops in a bike saw me and waved at me to stop but i just pretended like they were invisible lol, luckily the cops din't bother with chasing me :)

Expect a charge sheet from mail.(If the car is under your name).

MINIACE

But aren't they booking us for reckless driving if we are caught speeding these days? havent been stopped for that yet. but i'm guessing its an easy one to get out of if you argue with them long enough about how speeding and reckless driving are two different offenses.

Reckless driving ( Aparikshakari lessa dhawanaya ) .. is a court case but for speeding you can get a spot fine.

Was at the Hulsdoff traffic courts yesterday, and the place is such a mess and so overcrowded with so many seat belt cases. Its shameful to see where our legal system has ended up.

Next time you might end up with a bullet in the head

That's why I was driving slowly and pretending like never saw them :)

Expect a charge sheet from mail.(If the car is under your name).

MINIACE

No, this happened 2 months back. Besides they just got into the mainroad in their bike from an inner lane, so am sure they din't have the time to note down my car num. I was following this bus for a long time and then it stopped in the middle of the road, so I drove the car a bit outside of the line to check whether there's any traffic in front of the bus, that's when these cops drove in, in the opposite side. Anyway am not telling anyone to break the law and not to obey to cops.

Members,

Cops are the law breakers, they do not care for normal motorists, I have seen them taking bribes from motorists who stop on the pavements on Galle road.

Although our president had informed Ministers and members of parliament not to violate the road rules. This was announced in news papers also. To adhere to rules when they go on the roads, they violate all road rules. That information carried out only for about a month.

As I come across in the service what I do. They come to me to get my services whenever necessity arrives on ascot vehicles. I request them what is the speed limit they are allowed to travel. Answer is. They are exempted from speed limits they are privileged vehicles. General public voted for them. with our money they have become privileged lot.

I don't think in the west this is happening. We have to live with all beating but still this is a paradise.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

If you know you had done the mistake and when the cops stop you and ask for the licence ,give the 500 bucks not the licence :) lol

Really? dude this wont work everytime dude, you can get charged for attempt to bribe.

Edited by Simplelife

If you know you had done the mistake and when the cops stop you and ask for the licence ,give the 500 bucks not the licence :) lol

Damn, is that easy? are you sure I wont get arrested for attempt to bribe the cop? or will he reply "500 yata yanna deepu kaale ivarai mahattaya" (no more 500 getaways sir!) B)

So you make a mistake a then wanna get away with it by bribing the cops? And people wonder why most cops are corrupt bastards. :rolleyes: