• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Tactic To Get Around A Police Officer(Traffic)

MoneyMaker

Tactic i used recently was ignoring like nothing happened and slowly driving away, when I crossed double lines for a second and two cops in a bike saw me and waved at me to stop but i just pretended like they were invisible lol, luckily the cops din't bother with chasing me :)

This is even illegal and unethical to discuss! Whilst I agree that there are a few corrupt cops and unfair fines are been handed over (me being a victim of such a scam), it does not justify commending or discussing how to avoid your civic duties as a motorist. I for one, am very happy with the increased police presence in Colombo monitoring traffic light violations, not stopping at crossings and checking for revenue licenses and insurances. These would seem as a hassle to some, but they indirectly affect the safety of movement of you or your loved ones as motorists or pedestrians.

Obviously there are several areas of improvement, such as strictly enforcing jay walking penalties etc. But what amazes me the most is that this very people who scrutinize the traffic police here are the very same who admire how faultlessly traffic rules are adhered in foreign lands and also the first to condemn the Sri lankan scenario.

• Like 4

I have tried the english tactic. All it gets you is a free trip to the police station where another officer will explain the charges in English. My best tactic thus far has been notifying the white sleeved officer that I will be breaking several traffic rules in order to get to my destination and getting his nodding approval. And what MiniAce said.

Tactic i used recently was ignoring like nothing happened and slowly driving away, when I crossed double lines for a second and two cops in a bike saw me and waved at me to stop but i just pretended like they were invisible lol, luckily the cops din't bother with chasing me :)

Next time you might end up with a bullet in the head

This is even illegal and unethical to discuss! Whilst I agree that there are a few corrupt cops and unfair fines are been handed over (me being a victim of such a scam), it does not justify commending or discussing how to avoid your civic duties as a motorist. I for one, am very happy with the increased police presence in Colombo monitoring traffic light violations, not stopping at crossings and checking for revenue licenses and insurances. These would seem as a hassle to some, but they indirectly affect the safety of movement of you or your loved ones as motorists or pedestrians.

Obviously there are several areas of improvement, such as strictly enforcing jay walking penalties etc. But what amazes me the most is that this very people who scrutinize the traffic police here are the very same who admire how faultlessly traffic rules are adhered in foreign lands and also the first to condemn the Sri lankan scenario.

'rangerover,

I appreciate your post giving your opinion. It is a correct reply for members of the A/L.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

HI Guys.

Can a cop charge us for speeding while he is in the other side of the Road? :speechless-smiley-003: :speechless-smiley-003:

Thanks

Thilak

Of course he can!

He can charge you even from the top of a coconut tree as long as he can measure your speed accurately and can climb down the tree in time to stop you.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 5

Just imagine if there were NO cops on our roads? Can you even imagine the chaos?

Thank your stars/karma/jesus/allah/33 million hindu gods/zeus/flying spagetti monster that you can drive safely on road thanks to these cops

respect the rule of law at all times, or we will be no better than the notorious "Two Silvas". How can we ever point a finger at these uneducated political buffoons, if we ourselves behave like lawless morons?

Edited by liya
  • Like 4

Of course he can!

He can charge you even from the top of a coconut tree as long as he can measure your speed accurately and can climb down the tree in time to stop you.

But aren't they booking us for reckless driving if we are caught speeding these days? havent been stopped for that yet. but i'm guessing its an easy one to get out of if you argue with them long enough about how speeding and reckless driving are two different offenses.