• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Experience

Chaturathi

Actually I am confused myself..... pardon my ignorance but I too failed to understand what Sylvi has mentioned...

Also when someone says " huh ?? " its not a dirty word, its just a short way of saying I dont understand. How very clearly we can see the generation gap

same here mate.

I just replied to your post simply because I coudnt understand what you were saying and because that I have never heard about magentos used in automobiles? You dont need to get all fired up and start bungling about third grade persons. You could have been a gentlmen and explaind a bit more about magentos used in automobiles, instead replying like a third grade person your self. and I think we all know whos lowering the standard of this forum. ;)

'Reckless',

OK My be my poor English explanation you and other members did not get the contents in my post.

All cars had Magnetos in early days before Ignition coil was manufactured.

Till 1960 most motor cycles had Magnetos on them. 1st World war aircraft's had Magnetos.

If any member had not seen a magneto. I still have one which I rewound in 1970's please do come I will like to show that .

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Miniace,

Thank you for your post it is very entertaining.

I have good couple's club you can visit after 12 PM today.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Whats that club dude? BTW today is poya day so my garndma wouldnt like me visiting clubs today :P Not even "Club sandwiches' are allowed . :medium-smiley-005:

MINIACE

• Like 2

Actually I am confused myself..... pardon my ignorance but I too failed to understand what Sylvi has mentioned...

Also when someone says " huh ?? " its not a dirty word, its just a short way of saying I dont understand. How very clearly we can see the generation gap

'CARBON B4',

Thank you for your post, I give below, the simple explanation of a magneto.

I gave Magnetos Armature Rewinding specifications.

Magneto Armature is like a Transformer there are two winding on them in a Magneto armature.

When armature rotates it give about 3 to 4 volts on primary winding this magneto has a permanent magnets. when magneto armature rotates a voltage is produced.

This voltage is disturbed by the armature end contact points which will rotate on a cam which is timed accordingly to Ignition timing.

It is the same way like distributor contact points. then secondary winding which has a very thin gauge of insulated copper wire get energized and prouduse very high voltage. With very low amperage Which end up at spark plug.

Above is the simple explanation of a Magneto.

I hope you and other members are able to understand, and it is clear with my techinical explanation.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Whats that club dude? BTW today is poya day so my garndma wouldnt like me visiting clubs today :P Not even "Club sandwiches' are allowed . :medium-smiley-005:

MINIACE

Only Night Club facing Galle road Kollupitiya.Please check my address. Poya day ends up at 12.00 mid night.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Reckless',

OK My be my poor English explanation you and other members did not get the contents in my post.

All cars had Magnetos in early days before Ignition coil was manufactured.

Till 1960 most motor cycles had Magnetos on them. 1st World war aircraft's had Magnetos.

If any member had not seen a magneto. I still have one which I rewound in 1970's please do come I will like to show that .

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank you for your explanation. :)

There is a red moon today machan, stay at home and observe that. Your grandma will be pleased. :P

Oh yeah im ready for that so no time for clubbing at gay bars

Today the eclipse will start between 0616hrs and 2148hrs.Earth shadow will kill the lunar shine between 1936-2027hrs..next lunar eclipse is expected 2014 so cant miss it ne...

No time for clubbing ..yet lunatics beware :lol:

Sorry OT..got carried away by "lunatic" conversations :P

MINIACE

Im bit confused mate..Is there a night club near your place or you own one? :unsure:

MINIACE

Miniace,

I own the building but the club is run by A BOI company, it will be open definitely after day is over at mid night.

All A/L members are Welcome.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, aren't magnetos still used in 2stroke bajaj tuk-tuks? isnt' that what our much-loved and respected 3 wheel drivers refer to as the "makinto" in their conversations?

'Komisiripala',

To my Knowledge there are no magnetos in the Three wheelers two stroke That has a coil pack. which is not moving and set of permanent Magnets on the fly wheel. One set of coils for lights and one Ignition Coil on them. Please verify from a Three wheeler technician.

Magnetos were discontinued after 1960. Ignition coil superseded the magneto. With a Battery Ignition coil.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

"Couples" clubs? Here, no advertising these dodgy sounding places on AL.

'Pericles',

I know the advertising is prohibited on this forum as one member requested information, I replied for that post. Not with intention of advertising.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Silvy',

My father had a CG 125 bike in 80's which could run without the battery and then had a CD 125 Benly which even couldn't started if the batt is low.

Was that because of same 'magnetos' concept or sth else?

'Komisiripala',

To my Knowledge there are no magnetos in the Three wheelers two stroke That has a coil pack. which is not moving and set of permanent Magnets on the fly wheel. One set of coils for lights and one Ignition Coil on them. Please verify from a Three wheeler technician.

Magnetos were discontinued after 1960. Ignition coil superseded the magneto. With a Battery Ignition coil.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.