• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bad Experience

Chaturathi

Dear All,

I want to share this bad experience i had with S******d M***rs. I have a Honda city 2003 GD 08 and last month suddenly the Check Engine bulb was indicated. After few minutes there was an engine miss for few seconds while driving. (at this time even fully throttled rpm doesn't go up,it remains less than 1000rpm) This happens for 2-3 minutes and there after it is normal. I went to a garage and diagnosis the problem. They told me that the O2 sensor has gone. So i went to the agents and did the diagnosis, they also told the same thing and told no need to replace the O2 sensor & do a a engine tuneup then the problem will solve. So i did the tuneup by paying 13,500 LKR. (with 08 spark plugs, air cleaner replaced & throttle body was cleaned).After that they did a test drive & told me that now it is ok.when i was going home the engine miss started again. Next day again I went to the same place & told the situation. Then they told me to replace the O2 sensor which cost 29,000 LKR & gave a discount of 1,700 LKR. I replaced that & so far no problem. After that i told this to one of my friends & he also told me that the particular place do this type of things (rather than doing what is needed at that time) If they could have told me that at that time replacing the O2 sensor is necessary i never go for a tune up.

So i want to tell you all if you go to this place and if they tell some thing think twise before you do.

• Like 1

dude, you should have argued with them instead gobble up every thing they say. You should have made a huge racket, run around here and there like your heads on fire, kick some chairs and stuff, go to the management complain a bit etc etc. Then atleast they could have given you a more desent discount!

Edited by Reckless
  • Like 1

haha, had the same shitty experience with them, i was talking to the top engineer who took my car for a test drive (Civic), i told him, My breaks are not that good, can you check them... he tested them and told me its OK, since this is ABS, ABS is not like the OLD brakes, it drags more before the car stops... as soon as here that, gave up the idea of making them fix it, just replaced my break pads with original once and fixed the issue. if the engineers don't know the deference between old braking system and ABS... can you really trust them ? i think they are just bunch of idiots.

Chaturathi, welcome to AL,

Obviously you have not followed AL Honda threads and sadly you have learnt an expensive lesson. Sametime many will feel fishy since your first post is a major complaint against Staffords. We have discussed a lot about Stafford services and please read them all for your future savings. IMO simple commonsense would ve saved a bucket full of bucks for you but then thats history now..

Happy motoring and follow AL.

MINIACE

Chathuranthi, are you sure they replaced 8 spark plugs ? ( should be 4 unless you have a V8 down there )

This type of issue is not only common to Staff*ords , Guys at A*W pulled the same stunt on me, on a Vitara when the engine was not pulling properly, first thing they did is change the plugs, air filter , injector cleaning and tune up. The real problem is most new mechanics are just plain stupid. The real problem was a faulty battery terminal. Anyway no real harm done as a injector cleaning and a tune up is always good for the vehicle.

Then they told me to replace the O2 sensor which cost 29,000 LKR & gave a discount of 1,700 LKR. I replaced that & so far no problem.

Once I had to replace an oxygen sensor and MAF sensor in my Hyndai accent. Hyundai agents' prices were 21000/= and 43000/=. I bought both brand new OEM sensors for 11000/= from eBay sellers. :)

• Like 1

Chathuranthi, are you sure they replaced 8 spark plugs ? ( should be 4 unless you have a V8 down there )

it doesn't need to be a v8 to have a 8 spark plugs it's a honda city gd8 it have L15A engine 2 spark plugs per cylinder then 8 spark plugs for 4 cylinders.

here look at this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_L_engine

dude, you should have argued with them instead gobble up every thing they say. You should have made a huge racket, run around here and there like your heads on fire, kick some chairs and stuff, go to the management complain a bit etc etc. Then atleast they could have given you a more desent discount!

i would have done that.

it doesn't need to be a v8 to have a 8 spark plugs it's a honda city gd8 it have L15A engine 2 spark plugs per cylinder then 8 spark plugs for 4 cylinders.

here look at this

http://en.wikipedia..../Honda_L_engine

Thanks, was not aware the Honda City had a twin spark set up..

Based on whats mentioned in the wiki link the second park comes after the first to burn any remaining fuel. This means by this time the piston has already started to move. IF there is sufficient fuel and air in the chamber for a second burn doesn't it mean that the engine is purposely running rich just to accommodate the second spark ? Why not just pump in some more air which is freely available ?

Further the fuel / air mix may not be well regulated as this is based on whats left after the first burn ( it could be less oxygen or fuel ). If this set up is proven to be a success why is it not commonly used in other vehicles . Think the Alfa has the Twin spark, apart from that nothing else comes to mind. Its a interesting discussion, if any learned members would share their thoughts.....

Based on whats mentioned in the wiki link the second park comes after the first to burn any remaining fuel. This means by this time the piston has already started to move. IF there is sufficient fuel and air in the chamber for a second burn doesn't it mean that the engine is purposely running rich just to accommodate the second spark ? Why not just pump in some more air which is freely available ?

Further the fuel / air mix may not be well regulated as this is based on whats left after the first burn ( it could be less oxygen or fuel ). If this set up is proven to be a success why is it not commonly used in other vehicles . Think the Alfa has the Twin spark, apart from that nothing else comes to mind. Its a interesting discussion, if any learned members would share their thoughts.....

Though its theoretically possible, i guess in real life you dont get a 100% burn. So using the 2nd spark may not be that bad an idea

Though its theoretically possible, i guess in real life you dont get a 100% burn. So using the 2nd spark may not be that bad an idea

This isn't news... Twin Spark technology was first used in racing 1914 by Alfa Romeo, and Alfa Twin Spark motors have been around in production models for aeons!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Spark

Miss on this model is often the EGR - exhaust gas recycling valve - playing up. Good news is that a decent belt down a motorway sometimes cleans the valve up. So, maybe a quick trip to Galle and back is on the cards?

Sometimes I don't understand Honda. Here we have a great little car that was designed for fuel economy yet the cost of ownership economy gets screwed up with 8 plugs and 8 plug coils and the mechanic swearing over- and charging for - the contortions required in removing and replacing the rear set. And that's not to squirm at the transmission oil costs if one is keeping a cvt alive. And let's not talk about where they put the fuel filter either. Nor the crappy wheel bearings! These are the sort of things - and the recent heavy involvement of Thailand factorys in building Honda cars and parts - that has put me off buying another Jazz. This despite the car having given me excellent service.

If a fast trip on the open road doesn't clear the problem then an EGR valve replacement will likely do the job. You'll gulp when you see the part price, though!!!

VVT is now commonly used by other manufacturers but the twin spark has not enjoyed the same success though the technology was available since 1914.... so the point is is it really successful as it is made to sound ?

My guess is its not,

Members,

As this topic had come up. I like to mention the following.

I have rewound armatures of twin spark plug Magnetos, with impulse coupling, with two contact points on the Magneto. I still can remember the primary winding was SWG 21 and secondary winding was SWG 46. All insulation was empire silk and empire cloth which will stand high tension spark to ignite Automobile & Aircraft engines of 1940's.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

As this topic had come up. I like to mention the following.

I have rewound armatures of twin spark plug Magnetos, with impulse coupling, with two contact points on the Magneto. I still can remember the primary winding was SWG 21 and secondary winding was SWG 46. All insulation was empire silk and empire cloth which will stand high tension spark to ignite Automobile & Aircraft engines of 1940's.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

huh?? :speechless-smiley-019:

Edited by Reckless

huh?? :speechless-smiley-019:

'Reckless' ,

You have replied to a wrong person. I put huh?? back to you.

Post a post to a public forum like a gentleman not like a ?

Other members will know from where you have come from. Shanty and a third grade person. Born to shanty Parents.

Respect other members of this public forum. Instead of joining the band wagon of ruffians.

Members like you are responsible to the lowering standard of this forum posting this type of posts to other members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I just replied to your post simply because I coudnt understand what you were saying and because that I have never heard about magentos used in automobiles? You dont need to get all fired up and start bungling about third grade persons. You could have been a gentlmen and explaind a bit more about magentos used in automobiles, instead replying like a third grade person your self. and I think we all know whos lowering the standard of this forum. ;)

• Like 3

Actually I am confused myself..... pardon my ignorance but I too failed to understand what Sylvi has mentioned...

Also when someone says " huh ?? " its not a dirty word, its just a short way of saying I dont understand. How very clearly we can see the generation gap

• Like 1