• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Old Cars In Highway

rameez

HI all,

Any VW,fords, Nissan B210'310, Lancers ,,, gone on the highway.........how was the experience.....Is there a special engine capacity to go...and will they allow a VW or old car to enter . I am planning of going in my old lancer..... :sport-smiley-004:

Just want to know of any old classics if they had gone ??

hi Rameez,I dont think there is any law against older cars being driven on E01,BUT please ensure that your Lancer is fully roadworthy and dont endanger other peoples lives,as a fellow Lancer driver I do know for a fact that the saloon version of your wagon tends to get unsteady at high speeds

Does your seat belt work? how good is ur suspsnsion and tires (u dont want the tire bursting at 90kmph or the suspension giving way do u ?) if all those are fine then I see no problem as long as you drive within the limits of the age of that car

The seatbelt law applies to all vehicles in the E01 i think. So the seatbelts must be usable for all passengers and the car must be roadworthy.

Further, there is no minimum limit. If you feel it is unsafe going at high speeds, always go with the lower comfortable speed.

hi Rameez,I dont think there is any law against older cars being driven on E01,BUT please ensure that your Lancer is fully roadworthy and dont endanger other peoples lives,as a fellow Lancer driver I do know for a fact that the saloon version of your wagon tends to get unsteady at high speeds

Does your seat belt work? how good is ur suspsnsion and tires (u dont want the tire bursting at 90kmph or the suspension giving way do u ?) if all those are fine then I see no problem as long as you drive within the limits of the age of that car

my one is a stationwagon....and with regard to being steady i dont think it worst as a nano or maruti...........since this was a rally version during the 1970,s and seat belts are there.Have anyone of you seen a maruti in E01 by the way..........i assume they are allowed but noone takes it out there....as someone said the sri numbers are yet to come...but please keep me updated

my one is a stationwagon....and with regard to being steady i dont think it worst as a nano or maruti...........since this was a rally version during the 1970,s and seat belts are there.Have anyone of you seen a maruti in E01 by the way..........i assume they are allowed but noone takes it out there....as someone said the sri numbers are yet to come...but please keep me updated

Hi Rameez,

I don’t know the quality of the Indian Highways is better than Sri Lanka’s E01. But In India All the Highways have mostly occupied with Indian made vehicles. Specially Muruti. You May surf YouTube for several videos regarding individual road test done by Indian made vehicles on Indian highways.

I agree with you, Speed above 140Km/h could not be handled by small vehicles. It is common regardless of country of origin.

Speed of 100Km/h, there should be ok for any vehicle which properly maintained in a fair weather condition.

It shouldn't be a problem.Infact the Classic Car Club is planning a run to Galle next month on the E1.Even EL EN cars will be taking part.But please note that all club member cars are in better condition than most modern brand new cars,so doing even 140-150KMPH is no biggie for them.Seatbelts are mandatory.

Further, there is no minimum limit. If you feel it is unsafe going at high speeds, always go with the lower comfortable speed.

Until you get rammed in the ass by a moron in a Prado going at 180. Seriously, you are putting both yourself and others on the road by going at speeds below around 80 (IMO). Especially in the night. There is a minimum speed limit in place in highways abroad, they should enforce that here too.

that is great ...how was the maruti.....were you able to do over 110 at least.............???? it is more fun to drive and see a small car perform right to the edge

I drove below 100kmph. up to that speed handling is satisfactory.and without 3wheelers ,mo-bikes,private buses and pedestrians it is damn easy to handle.as I did the same speeds in A9,A1,A5 and A6.

i doubt they check for seat belts as i drove a 6 sri 1969 benz on the highway.. they never checked us.. entry to exist took us 40 mins.. hit 110MPH.. could have gone faster but didnt have the balls to...

you kidding me bro that is 176KMPH for a 70s car........ :sport-smiley-004: how was the feel of it......what is the engine capacity of it......i must take my lancer as well...cannot wait to test it.....when was this anyway.....???