• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hum From Ac Compressor

MAS

Question

Hi,

Wish everyone on AL a prosperous 2012 !

I get a hum from my AC compressor when the car warms up. It happens both when the AC clutch is engaged and disengaged. The sound will go away only if I switch off the AC. This started to happen a few weeks after all the 3 drive belts were changed. The belts have been rechecked and adjusted to the correct tension.

I really hope I do not need to replace the compressor.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

Hi,

I get a hum from my AC compressor when the car warms up. It happens both when the AC clutch is engaged and disengaged. The sound will go away only if I switch off the AC. This started to happen a few weeks after all the 3 drive belts were changed. The belts have been rechecked and adjusted to the correct tension.

Thanks in advance.

'MAS',

First of all go to a reputed A/C repair station, get them to remove and check bearings and A/C oil of the compressor.

Is it cooling OK?.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I doubt sounds comes from any "bearings". If it's, just a matter of changing the faulty one.

Wellawatte

'MAS',

CRP Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. No 15, Morgan Road Colombo 02. Mr. Rohan Perera Tel: 2303910 Mobile 0777393608.

Work shop is situated at next to Army work shop at Slave island you will find a plane on a pillar, then first turn to left.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'MAS',

CRP Engineering (Pvt) Ltd. No 15, Morgan Road Colombo 02. Mr. Rohan Perera Tel: 2303910 Mobile 0777393608.

Work shop is situated at next to Army work shop at Slave island you will find a plane on a pillar, then first turn to left.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi...

Please let me know good A/C repair place around Seeduwa or Katunayake Area.

Mine also having the same problem...When I accelerated its giving bad noise...

If we remove the Compressor do we need to regas it again..

Thanks and regards

Prasa.

Edited by prasa

'MAS',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

My advice for all members is not to go to this place. They are bloody expensive and their work is not any different from any roadside A/C repair joint. This is from personal experience.