• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Help On This!!!

SREE

Question

Hi All,

Im bit confusing on following of my Chevy cruze/2004...

A couple of days ago my car's wipers were not working and i checked the fuse and it was burnt.I changed the fuse and it worked.Next morning I checked it (worked)and drove to Colombo and came back to Kalutara. when i came back i checked wipers again and not working as the fuse was burnt.

I showed it to the mechanic he checked all possible wires to see whether any damages.he checked

the motor also.no damage found and then he replaced a new fuse and it was working again..so I helplessly came back.

I checked whole day when im driving and it was working properly..But today morning when i checked,it (fuse) was burnt.!!

Pls give me few suggestions to fix this as my mechanic is also in doubt on this..

Thanks in advance..

Shree

14 answers to this question

Most likely culprit is the wiper motor grounding. Perhaps its loose. Also check if you are using fuses with the correct ampere rating.

BTW why are u showing this to a mechanic? It's an electrician's job.

Thanks bro!! Im zero with knowledge in car mechanics!! My mechanic is one of my best friends.I always get ideas from him..

I will look for Electrician then..

I used designated fuse only. Will it be a major replacement bro??

Does this happen when you do not operate the wiper for a longer interval...................say you park the car in the evening and when you check next day morning. Because I saw that you have mentioned it has been working throughout the day........can you be more specific.

Thanks bro!! Im zero with knowledge in car mechanics!! My mechanic is one of my best friends.I always get ideas from him..

I will look for Electrician then..

I used designated fuse only. Will it be a major replacement bro??

As other posts had mentioned it is a electricans job to diagnose the fault. get the electriciton to check the amperage draw of the wiper motor. Do that number of times start and stop the wiper motor, check wiring harness.

Some times due to a fault in the motor or wiring at the time of starting the motor will be drawing high ampers, due to this fuse blow off. There must be a high draw of current to blow off the fuse.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

Does this happen when you do not operate the wiper for a longer interval...................say you park the car in the evening and when you check next day morning. Because I saw that you have mentioned it has been working throughout the day........can you be more specific.

Exactly correct..When the fuse replaced it works whole day..In both days it happens when after i traveled about 70kms.(without operating wipers). i checked before the journey it was working..i didn't smell any burning even during the drive.

Tnks

Edited by SREE

As other posts had mentioned it is a electricans job to diagnose the fault. get the electriciton to check the amperage draw of the wiper motor. Do that number of times start and stop the wiper motor, check wiring harness.

Some times due to a fault in the motor or wiring at the time of starting the motor will be drawing high ampers, due to this fuse blow off. There must be a high draw of current to blow off the fuse.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

If it so fuse should blow off once it fixed..right? but this is operating properly after replacing..

Mr.Sylvi,

15A for wipers....its in a fuse board and i used the designated one only..

Tnks

'SREE',

To blow off a fuse of 15 amps there must be definetly some where a high draw of current.

Remove the wires from the wiper motor run for few days then daily check the fuse.

If fuse still blow off then it is on the wiring. after that remove the wiper motor and check same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr.Sylvi & all,

Still had't have time to go for an electrician..meantime i ran with a new fuse since i didnt have

long run and it didn't blow off.

But yesterday i started the car while the radio is on and it blew off..Is that the case then??

Brgds

Mr.Sylvi & all,

Still had't have time to go for an electrician..meantime i ran with a new fuse since i didnt have

But yesterday i started the car while the radio is on and it blew off..Is that the case then??

Brgds

Do radio work when the fuse is removed. Radio canot draw high current there must be some wire circuit fault.

What are the other equipment on your Vehicle do not work without the fuse.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Mr.Sylvi & all,

Brgds

Does the radio work with that fuse removed?

@mightymicra

Hey SREE,

I see the post is being there for sometime. Hope you have solved the problem. If not I think it may be the motor. May be it could be faulty or stuck and require high amp for starting. Like Sylvi said remove connectors from the motor and run. See anything changes. If so could be the motor. Also sometimes one fuse is designated for several componants. E.g. Radio and Ciga Lighter both work with same line/fuse. So better chack if there are other componants connected to that line. Hope for the best.

Dilhan.

Edited by mightymicra