• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Registration Number Sticker

trinity

Hi Guys,,

My front windshield got cracked few days back,,, :( Have to replace it... What bothers me is the Registration Number Sticker. What would be the procedure to get a new one?? The car is registered to my fathers name.. Really appreciate if you guys could shed some light on this...

Many Thanks

Hi Guys,,

My front windshield got cracked few days back,,, :( Have to replace it... What bothers me is the Registration Number Sticker. What would be the procedure to get a new one?? The car is registered to my fathers name.. Really appreciate if you guys could shed some light on this...

Many Thanks

'trinity,

Do you have the old one which is removed from the cracked W/S.

If so you can get a new one for a fee from RMV.

Still go their or Telephone and request from them then they will advice you.

I got one few years back it took about three days returend the old one.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'trinity,

Do you have the old one which is removed from the cracked W/S.

If so you can get a new one for a fee from RMV.

Still go their or Telephone and request from them then they will advice you.

I got one few years back it took about three days returend the old one.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi

Yes i can extract the sticker from my damaged windshield..Then its good news rite.. :)

Thanks for the quick reply... have a good day :)

Update

I spoke to RMV today & I was told that i need to provide,

1. Old sticker (Even a fragment is ok)

2. Copy of the Police entry.

Also they said that the charge for a replacement sticker is Rs.300/- (Mr. Wijesinghe i hope this is a new charge.. any idea?? ). Since i have not put any police entry regarding my incident, they told me that i need to do it in order to apply for the replacement..

Well going to the police is the part that makes me bit uncomfortable... Not because that i have done something wrong but because its a really shitty place to visit to get a job done,,,,,, i hope u know what i mean...

So this is it for now... hoping to find an easy way to do this,, will update once i get it done...

Cheers!!

Update

I spoke to RMV today & I was told that i need to provide,

2. Copy of the Police entry.

Also they said that the charge for a replacement sticker is Rs.300/- (Mr. Wijesinghe i hope this is a new charge.. any idea?? ). Since i have not put any police entry regarding my incident, they told me that i need to do it in order to apply for the replacement..

Well going to the police is the part that makes me bit uncomfortable... Not because that i have done something wrong but because its a really shitty place to visit to get a job done,,,,,, i hope u know what i mean...

So this is it for now... hoping to find an easy way to do this,, will update once i get it done...

Cheers!!

'trinity,

When I got the stcker I had to send the receipt of the glass replased did pay a small amount like 200.00 rupees.

I got same done by RMV car registering person. It is better to go there and contact the department head explain your matter.

If you remove your sticker carefully you can paste same without any dificulty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I've noticed that cops in cop sheds behave better than the ones on the road. Hopefully u wouldn't have much trouble with them. To make your life easier, go to the cop shed in the area that your residence belongs to, and tell them that the incident happened near your home (even if it didn't). Then, they can't ask u to file the complaint in some other area.

And tell them a credible story like a tree branch falling on the windscreen (even if it didn't).

Don't forget to get an extract of the complaint certified by the OIC.

'trinity,

When I got the stcker I had to send the receipt of the glass replased did pay a small amount like 200.00 rupees.

I got same done by RMV car registering person. It is better to go there and contact the department head explain your matter.

If you remove your sticker carefully you can paste same without any dificulty.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Sylvi

I tried to remove the sticker, but that bloody thing tend to tore apart.. so i stopped without damaging it further.. one of my office mates told me that he has a contact in the RMV and he might be able to help on this... couldn't contact him yet.. we'll keep you posted..

Thanks & regards

Update I spoke to RMV today & I was told that i need to provide,

2. Copy of the Police entry. Also they said that the charge for a replacement sticker is Rs.300/-

i didn't think that small sicker is worth that much of trouble. machan how did your windshield got damaged in the first place?

I've noticed that cops in cop sheds behave better than the ones on the road. Hopefully u wouldn't have much trouble with them. To make your life easier, go to the cop shed in the area that your residence belongs to, and tell them that the incident happened near your home (even if it didn't). Then, they can't ask u to file the complaint in some other area.

And tell them a credible story like a tree branch falling on the windscreen (even if it didn't).

Don't forget to get an extract of the complaint certified by the OIC.

Hi Crosswind..

Thanks for your advices machan,,,

Actually i have a bitter experience with cops in cop sheds mate.. once they refuse to take an entry for a hit & run incident.. a van which came from the opposite side hit my side mirror and went without stopping...i could not see any details of the van,, so the insurance guy came & he informed me that they will not pay unless i submit a police entry copy regarding the incident..

so i went to the cop shed & explained my situation.. they didnt give a rats ass machan.. they said since its 5pm in the evening they cant take any entries and ask me to come back next day morning,, this happened far away from my home town,, I dont know how & why these people treat others like this,, They knew that i just couldn't go home & come back next morning and following day i had to go to work..

They only wanted some "Jarawa" machan.. then the "Monara" did the talking for me.. then comes the entry copy without any hassle.. The amazing thing is machan there was a small scratch on my rear bumper and cop saw it while giving me the entry copy.. then he said "Mahaththaya mekath pennuwanam mekatath ekkama entrya dala denawane.." ,,

They couldn't take the entry for the genuine accident,, but when money talks,, everything is possible...

I hope that the RMV contact of my friend will shed some light on my matter... If not will visit the cop shed and do as you said.. (Actually it happend at my home thanks to a medium size "kurumbatti".. )

Best regards

i didn't think that small sicker is worth that much of trouble. machan how did your windshield got damaged in the first place?

I parked the car outside my home since i had to go out again.. i didnt pay much attention to the surrounding as i was hoping to leave as soon as possible.. during that few minutes a medium size " kurumbatti" (a small coconut) had fallen on the glass... :(

• 11 years later...