• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Belts Sounds When Start At Morning

hatharasinghe

Question

Dear friends, pls let me know the reason for the following thing

when start at morning there is a "kreeek...." sound just 5second and then normal its i think belts sound but after the first start it never happen wholeday but next day morning it happens what is the reason? somebody told me belt dried and put some water to belts before start i seen this some private busdrivers doing at morning. Is belts overuns and wearoff or loosen but it happen only at the morning.

thanks you all hope me to correct this. :sleeping-smiley-008:

13 answers to this question

Hatharasinngha !!

It seems now its time to replace your belts. i think your belts are "kara wela". before that you can confirm it by putting some water to your belts before start the vehicle on next day. if the sound stops that mean your belts are dried. just try this & keep us post.

Good Day ..

Dear friends, pls let me know the reason for the following thing

when start at morning there is a "kreeek...." sound just 5second and then normal its i think belts sound but after the first start it never happen wholeday but next day morning it happens what is the reason? somebody told me belt dried and put some water to belts before start i seen this some private busdrivers doing at morning. Is belts overuns and wearoff or loosen but it happen only at the morning.

thanks you all hope me to correct this. :sleeping-smiley-008:

'hatharasinghe',

There is a spray call belt dressing you can spray that it will stop temperory. Get the belt tenction adjusted. If the belt is wasted then you have to change the belt to a new one.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

check the condition and the tension of the belt and adjust/replace as necessary.

the sound is going away after the rubber warms up and become more plyable. chances are as others have said...it's time to replace them.

using water and sprays etc are just temp fixes.

Same problem occurred to me some time back. Used belt dressing but it didn't work out. 1st chk the tension of the belt and if that's adequate better to change the belt. Since though u use belt dressing chances are it might not work or will be a temp fix. So rather add that money for the new replacement :D

im also getting a rattling like noise (bit like kara kara noise) when im accelerating.. not all the time but if i drove the car for more than 100km at a stretch or during hot whether. other time its normal(morning and night drives) experts pls help..

Members,

Some times poly v belts slip to pully wastage examin on top of the poly v belt pully if it is polished. If so you have to adjust the grove of the pully using a lathe.

If the poly v belt replased after a short time again you will get the slip noise if you do not adjust the v grove of the pully.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

change the belts

Changing belts will solve the problem for a short time if you have V grove pulley, if V pulley V is wasted.

For my explanation on early post first examine the V groves of the pulley.

Wat is the belt you have V belt or poly V belt.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.