• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Jap Alto - Carb Repair Kit

trinity

Hi Friends

One of my office mates is having a Jap Alto and his car has failed the emmission test. He was informed that the carburator of the car has malfunctioned and it needs to be repaired.

He is from Moratuwa & he has searched for this carb repair kit at Wimal motors Moratuwa, Panadura Geethani Motors, A*W & Udawatte motors @ Panchikawatte. All effots had failed and he is bit worried that he wont be able to find this... Guys, it would be a great help if you could let me know of a place which he could find this repair kit.

Many thanks

Hi Friends

One of my office mates is having a Jap Alto and his car has failed the emmission test. He was informed that the carburator of the car has malfunctioned and it needs to be repaired.

He is from Moratuwa & he has searched for this carb repair kit at Wimal motors Moratuwa, Panadura Geethani Motors, A*W & Udawatte motors @ Panchikawatte. All effots had failed and he is bit worried that he wont be able to find this... Guys, it would be a great help if you could let me know of a place which he could find this repair kit.

Many thanks

I think you are talking about Japanese Suzuki Alto HA11S with 660cc engine. I also previously had a car of this model and very difficult to find out parts for this model.

Try with Padma Motors, Kadawatha located at the beginning of Kadawatha - Ragama road near to Kadwatha Bank of Ceylon. (Sorry I don't have their contact number). Sometimes they have some rare stuff also.

I think you are talking about Japanese Suzuki Alto HA11S with 660cc engine. I also previously had a car of this model and very difficult to find out parts for this model.

Try with Padma Motors, Kadawatha located at the beginning of Kadawatha - Ragama road near to Kadwatha Bank of Ceylon. (Sorry I don't have their contact number). Sometimes they have some rare stuff also.

Hi Machan..

thank you so much for the info...Yes, car model is what you've mentioned. was able to find the number from the net. Called the place and they said that its difficult to identify the propper parts without physically inspecting the carb... few panchikatte places has also said the same thing... Seems its very difficult to find parts for this particular model...

Again thanks a lot for the reply mate... will keep you posted of the progress...

Hi Machan..

thank you so much for the info...Yes, car model is what you've mentioned. was able to find the number from the net. Called the place and they said that its difficult to identify the propper parts without physically inspecting the carb... few panchikatte places has also said the same thing... Seems its very difficult to find parts for this particular model...

Again thanks a lot for the reply mate... will keep you posted of the progress...

Machan,

You do followings too..

(1) You check with A M W work shop at Kitulwatte (next to golf ground) . Don't contact them over the phone , you yourself or your friend go there and check with them. They may have it. I got a original signal light cover from this place which I couldn't find from Panchikawatta. (I think this place is better than A M W spares at Panchikawatta )

(2) All repairs of my car done by a workshop at Thlawathugoda. Since publishing his contact details may violate the forum rules , I will send you his contact details to your inbox. Whenever I had a problem , I handed over the vehicle to him and he could find exact parts for the model and he is very reliable too.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Machan,

You do followings too..

(1) You check with A M W work shop at Kitulwatte (next to golf ground) . Don't contact them over the phone , you yourself or your friend go there and check with them. They may have it. I got a original signal light cover from this place which I couldn't find from Panchikawatta. (I think this place is better than A M W spares at Panchikawatta )

(2) All repairs of my car done by a workshop at Thlawathugoda. Since publishing his contact details may violate the forum rules , I will send you his contact details to your inbox. Whenever I had a problem , I handed over the vehicle to him and he could find exact parts for the model and he is very reliable too.

Hi Sampath

Machan thank you so much for the support.. My friend too thanked you and he was amazed about getting all those details over the net.. I gave him all the info and contact details which you have sent. I hope he will be able to get it done from the place which you have mentioned...

Much appreciate the support..will keep you updated of the outcome....

Kind regards

Machan,

You do followings too..

Sampath, it is not against forum rules to provide feedback of a workshop you have personal experience with. What is against forum rules is advertising as in you promoting yourself or your establishment. I am not a moderator but this issue has come up many times before and the moderators have taken this common sense approach. So you can publish the details of this workshop and give us some ideas as to the quality of service you received.

• Like 1

Sampath, it is not against forum rules to provide feedback of a workshop you have personal experience with. What is against forum rules is advertising as in you promoting yourself or your establishment. I am not a moderator but this issue has come up many times before and the moderators have taken this common sense approach. So you can publish the details of this workshop and give us some ideas as to the quality of service you received.

Don, thanks for your comment.

That workshop is “Senpathi Motors” at Thalawathugoda

Mr.Sarath - Mob: 0777706609

When you come from Battaramulla to Thlawathugoda junction side , just before Thlawathugoda junction, on your left hand side, there is a Perera & Sons shop. Together with the Perera & Sons shop, there is a road to left hand side and work shop is at second land from the Perera & Sons shop.

This is not a very big workshop, but all the time I received very reliable and quality service.

Spare parts for Japanese Alto HA11S are bit difficult to find out due to very limited car population here.

We bought our brand new Japanese Alto HA11S car in 1999 from Browns Motors. At that time Browns Motors was the agent for Japanese Suzuki and A M W was the agent for Indian Maruti Suzuki. Later A M W became the agent for Indian Mariti Suzuki as well as for Japanese Suzuki. So finding parts for HA11S became bit difficult.

So whenever I had a problem with my Alto HA11S , I handed over the vehicle to Mr.Sarath and he could find exact parts for the model and I didn’t have any burden.

So, trinity try with Senpathi Motors.

Hi All...

Update...

My friend was able to find almost all parts required for the repair. As Sampath Gunasekara suggested he has visited the "A M W work shop at Kitulwatte". From there he has bought half of what is required. Also they have told him that the whole carb repair kit doesnt come as one to this model. So he had to find all the individual parts separately.

Then the rest of the parts were bought from "FR Mortor Traders" Panchikawatte. He told me that almost every shop at panchikawatte directed him to

"FR" when inquired about carb parts. So if you are looking to buy carb parts that would be the place to go. He is yet to find one little thingy called "jets".

He has contacted the mechanic Sampath mentioned and told me that he was very helpful. But due to distance, repair will be carried out in Moratuwa by his regular mechanic..

Very big Thank to Sampath Gunasekara who helped a lot in this regard..

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Hi All...

Update...

My friend was able to find almost all parts required for the repair. As Sampath Gunasekara suggested he has visited the "A M W work shop at Kitulwatte". From there he has bought half of what is required. Also they have told him that the whole carb repair kit doesnt come as one to this model. So he had to find all the individual parts separately.

Then the rest of the parts were bought from "FR Mortor Traders" Panchikawatte. He told me that almost every shop at panchikawatte directed him to

"FR" when inquired about carb parts. So if you are looking to buy carb parts that would be the place to go. He is yet to find one little thingy called "jets".

He has contacted the mechanic Sampath mentioned and told me that he was very helpful. But due to distance, repair will be carried out in Moratuwa by his regular mechanic..

Very big Thank to Sampath Gunasekara who helped a lot in this regard..

Cheers!!

Happy to hear that your friend’s carburetor problem is almost solved.

Please keep me update with the fuel economy after repair completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Machan,

You do followings too..

Hello I also have a Suzuki Ha11s car, one of my signal light is damaged.. need a new one please machan.....can you tell me the exact price of that signal light you buy from A*W??????

Machan, which signal light cover you are looking for? For front one under the head light or for the side signal light mounted on front fender

I bought the left side signal light cover mounted on front fender from A*W Kitulwatte in 2007. It cost me around just Rs.260/= (Genuine Japanese Part).

This part is also suit for Suzuki Buddy Vans.

You may check with them. But better to visit the place and check. Because then they will show you few Suzuki spare parts catalogues and verify the exact model from you. Then they identify correct part number and check with stores.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for retrieving an old thread back. Just thought to share my experience had with my ex-buddy Japanese Suzuki Alto , my own first automatize partner.

It was a Japanese Suzuki Alto ,Model:HA-11S , 660cc, YOM1999 , Manual Transmission and my aunty bough it brand new from Suzuki agent Browns Motors (agent for Japanese Suzuki) in 1999 at the price of Rs. 470,000/= (as far as I remember). Regarding this model, very few car population in the country comparing with later Suzuki Alto models.

Advance version appeared as this and this is not imported to Sri Lanka in brand new.

94014972.jpg

This is the Basic version imported to Sri Lanka. As it is basic version, only A/C and radio cassette were available. (Options such as power assisted steering , power mirrors, power shutters, body colored bumpers, rear seats with head rests , digital clock and even cigarette lighter were absent in this basic model and had all of them in advance versions.

Following photo shows the basic model ( It is not my car and got from the net.)

Basic version came with Grey coloured bumpers (like in some Nissan Vanette ) which I felt it is not pretty.

70021643.jpg

As I said earlier , originally this car was bought by my aunty in 1999 March and she used it up to 2005 and then I bought it from her.

But paint was faded as day time it was parked out side as my aunty was a school teacher.

After Alto transferred to my hands, I repainted (but no tinkering ) with a Nissan Red in Rock paint very similar to its original colour.

Bumpers painted in black, how ever that job was not done properly with using plastic primers, so later it started to peel off.

After years, I though of painting all plastic parts in same body colour . Bumpers , door handles, side mirrors also painted in red & this time paint job was perfect .

Before painting them it was like this.

60639642.jpg

51760207.jpg

I was seeking a suitable spoiler but prices were exorbitant and didn't have time to check with Delkanda area.

Finally I could find a black colour used spoiler of Mitsibishi Mini Pajero and fixed the same after painting in red and total body polish done.

Couldn't find exact door visor set but managed with later Alto model HA22 , Only slight deference in back door visor.

This model came with normal rims with center caps. I fixed a set of full rim covers.

Also new number plated were fixed.

After all work, it appears as this.

94293814.jpg

75438984.jpg

Difference....

88995944.jpg

56217603.jpg

However I had to let her go after 12 years service to my family last 6 years with me as I shifted to brand new Perodua Viva Elite, when the government reduces the import tax . At the time it was almost 50,000 km at the clock.

I replaced all four shocks, rack ends, CV joints , A/C compressor (replaced with used one), A/C cooler , spark plug wire set and some other parts during my period.

I handed over the vehicle to new owner (a good guy who look after car same as me) with original invoice, owners manual , warranty booklet (expired) ,and all service 'history with records and bills .

It did well on fuel and had my ever best fuel economy with this car , 20.68km/l with A/C from Kadawtha to Kalutara.

Even it is a basic car I loved her very much and have high sentimental value for this ex-buddy and always cherish the memories had with her.

.93026623.jpg

ownersmanual.jpg

• Like 2

Sampath, you've done an awesome job with it being your first car. Colour keying has really given that car a good look as well. Must have been really hard to let her go. Anyway, thumbs up!

• Like 1

Hi Sampath

Amazing.. I was also planning to put up a post like this just to share how my car became a part of my life... :) i could not complete it cuz of busy the life style, but now after seeing your post, that thought had a little spark....must give it a try again soon... :)

And my friend, you have taken care of your car beautifully. New paint job has given her a stunning look when compared to what it was before.. Glad to hear that she is with another car lover like you...

Thank you for sharing your story with us...

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Sorry for retrieving an old thread back. Just thought to share my experience had with my ex-buddy Japanese Suzuki Alto , my own first automatize partner.

It was a Japanese Suzuki Alto ,Model:HA-11S , 660cc, YOM1999 , Manual Transmission and my aunty bough it brand new from Suzuki agent Browns Motors (agent for Japanese Suzuki) in 1999 at the price of Rs. 470,000/= (as far as I remember). Regarding this model, very few car population in the country comparing with later Suzuki Alto models.

Advance version appeared as this and this is not imported to Sri Lanka in brand new.

94014972.jpg

This is the Basic version imported to Sri Lanka. As it is basic version, only A/C and radio cassette were available. (Options such as power assisted steering , power mirrors, power shutters, body colored bumpers, rear seats with head rests , digital clock and even cigarette lighter were absent in this basic model and had all of them in advance versions.

Following photo shows the basic model ( It is not my car and got from the net.)

Basic version came with Grey coloured bumpers (like in some Nissan Vanette ) which I felt it is not pretty.

70021643.jpg

As I said earlier , originally this car was bought by my aunty in 1999 March and she used it up to 2005 and then I bought it from her.

But paint was faded as day time it was parked out side as my aunty was a school teacher.

After Alto transferred to my hands, I repainted (but no tinkering ) with a Nissan Red in Rock paint very similar to its original colour.

Bumpers painted in black, how ever that job was not done properly with using plastic primers, so later it started to peel off.

After years, I though of painting all plastic parts in same body colour . Bumpers , door handles, side mirrors also painted in red & this time paint job was perfect .

Before painting them it was like this.

60639642.jpg

51760207.jpg

I was seeking a suitable spoiler but prices were exorbitant and didn't have time to check with Delkanda area.

Finally I could find a black colour used spoiler of Mitsibishi Mini Pajero and fixed the same after painting in red and total body polish done.

Couldn't find exact door visor set but managed with later Alto model HA22 , Only slight deference in back door visor.

This model came with normal rims with center caps. I fixed a set of full rim covers.

Also new number plated were fixed.

After all work, it appears as this.

94293814.jpg

75438984.jpg

Difference....

88995944.jpg

56217603.jpg

However I had to let her go after 12 years service to my family last 6 years with me as I shifted to brand new Perodua Viva Elite, when the government reduces the import tax . At the time it was almost 50,000 km at the clock.

I replaced all four shocks, rack ends, CV joints , A/C compressor (replaced with used one), A/C cooler , spark plug wire set and some other parts during my period.

I handed over the vehicle to new owner (a good guy who look after car same as me) with original invoice, owners manual , warranty booklet (expired) ,and all service 'history with records and bills .

It did well on fuel and had my ever best fuel economy with this car , 20.68km/l with A/C from Kadawtha to Kalutara.

Even it is a basic car I loved her very much and have high sentimental value for this ex-buddy and always cherish the memories had with her.

.93026623.jpg

Sampath by any chance do you happen to have any scans of the original brochure for this car. My brother bought one of these about 4 months back and would love to show him.

Unfortunately he didnt buy it three years ago cos we destroyed quite a few brochures of these when our office moved from Kolpetty.