• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reputed Car Sales In Sri Lanka

Lakshan Maduranga

Question

Hello guys,

I looked up some old posts, but couldn't find a thread dedicated to this topic. So I decided to open a new one.

I'm not sure to what extent it is ethical to post names of car sales here, but it will definitely help new comers (like me) to not to get their hands burned by "kalukada" businessmen.

Personally I want to know some details of reputed vehicle sales in SL as I'm searching to buy a car ASAP.

• As I've heard; some vehicle importers (even some reputed ones) buy damaged cars from auctions in Japan for a bargain price and repair them at their own garages in Japan, then import them to SL and sell them with a huge margin. (Not sure whether it is true or not)
  • As we all know,almost every car sale in SL, rolls back odometer to get a good value to the car.
  • Some, prints fake JAAI certificates and auction sheets.

Seriously, are there any reputed trustworthy vehicle traders left? Share your thoughts and previous experiences!?

Regards

Have a good day!

Let me get this straight, the car sale guy gave you a full refund even though the hybrid car was registered under your name?

He told me he could have done more favour if I did not register the vehicle.

He told due to registration the car value will drop by 100K.

Further he told that due to this chasis problem the car can be sold in less than 400K from my purchased price after showing the same problem to the potential buyer if they wish to buy. Anyway he told he will not sell the vehicle to anyone without showing the problem. Then he asked additional 22 lakhs for non hybrid car. I told the amount he requested was more than my budget and finally he agreed to take 19 lakhs with the hybrid car to replace the non hybrid car due to my desperate situation. I was Lucky to get the car at that price since he told he has spend more than 150K to that car than what we agreed consideration. Yes they have paid Tax for That car 26 Lakhs. The same car with those options it values around more than 3 lakhs as per Auto Lanka adds. SO DO NOT EXPECT SUCH A DEALER IN THIS FIELD. THAT IS WHY I MENTIONED IN MY FIRST REPORT HE IS REAL GENTMAN.

It wasnt a refund from what I understood. More like store credit (cos he was asked to choose another car from the car-sale)...

I would believe that RASKD has the good sense to take his name off the the book (and put in the car sale) as the owner.

He told me he could have done more favour if I did not register the vehicle.

He told due to registration the car value will drop by 100K.

Further he told that due to this chasis problem the car can be sold in less than 400K from my purchased price after showing the same problem to the potential buyer if they wish to buy. Anyway he told he will not sell the vehicle to anyone without showing the problem. Then he asked additional 22 lakhs for non hybrid car. I told the amount he requested was more than my budget and finally he agreed to take 19 lakhs with the hybrid car to replace the non hybrid car due to my desperate situation. I was Lucky to get the car at that price since he told he has spend more than 150K to that car than what we agreed consideration. Yes they have paid Tax for That car 26 Lakhs. The same car with those options it values around more than 3 lakhs as per Auto Lanka adds. SO DO NOT EXPECT SUCH A DEALER IN THIS FIELD. THAT IS WHY I MENTIONED IN MY FIRST REPORT HE IS REAL GENTMAN.

Not a bad resolution, considering the circumstances (taking into consideration all the horror stories you guys have been sharing)...it does however seem awfully nice of the car dealership owner to do what he did. How come he was willing to do to such lengths? I mean taking a hit of 500k is pretty significant. Are sure you didn't have him on the hook legally? Perhaps there was something you didn't consider? For him to go to such lengths surely there must have been some angle?

Edited by Kavvz

If you are saying the chassis number has been tampered with, and it was prevalent to you, how come the customs authority did not figure the same out??

NO...Chasis Number has not been tampered. I mentioned Chasis has been welded and painted before arriving to the Port.

It wasnt a refund from what I understood. More like store credit (cos he was asked to choose another car from the car-sale)...

I would believe that RASKD has the good sense to take his name off the the book (and put in the car sale) as the owner.

Yes It wasnt refund. i paid the diffrence . Yes I have given MTA 6 to change the owneship to them and I got the book for non Hybrid Car.

Not a bad resolution, considering the circumstances (taking into consideration all the horror stories you guys have been sharing)...it does seem awfully nice of the car dealership owner. How come he was willing to do to such lengths? I mean taking a hit of 500k is pretty significant. Are sure you didn't have him on the hook legally? For him to go to such lengths surely there must have been some angle?

I did not go that deep. I want to talk and to resolve the problem. At the time of purchase the Hybrid Car I did not go for bargain since it was pretty much good price with that options and the Year. So I paid in cash. So he knows my situation too. Even I pay the difference in cash. REGARDING THE LEGAL POINT HOPE MORE EXPERIENCE GUY WILL COMMENT WHAT IS THE BUYER PROTECTION IF THEY GOT VICTIM OF THIS KIND OF SCENARIO.

I am capable of attending to any automobile or industrial machinery. Any mechanical failure to put in order.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Like we have said so many times, not everyone has a garage and mechanics in their back yard to keep fixing the junk when it does wrong. So just coz YOU can, it doesn't apply to other people.

And, sorry, did you just post saying Chinese Wan??....

uh....

Lost for words...

I did not go that deep. I want to talk and to resolve the problem. At the time of purchase the Hybrid Car I did not go for bargain since it was pretty much good price with that options and the Year. So I paid in cash. So he knows my situation too. Even I pay the difference in cash. REGARDING THE LEGAL POINT HOPE MORE EXPERIENCE GUY WILL COMMENT WHAT IS THE BUYER PROTECTION IF THEY GOT VICTIM OF THIS KIND OF SCENARIO.

Kudos for getting this resolved so amicably. Good job man! Next time I get screwed over by a car dealer I'll be giving you a call... ;)

Like we have said so many times, not everyone has a garage and mechanics in their back yard to keep fixing the junk when it does wrong. So just coz YOU can, it doesn't apply to other people.

And, sorry, did you just post saying Chinese Wan??....

uh....

Lost for words...

'Pericles',

What I said was my Chinese van gave trouble due to radiator block I poured well water instead of coolant.

That Van CHANA was build in China with Suzuki technology.

I corrected the mistake radiator block by cleaning and the engine fault too.

I have my work place not in back yard. I do not hide and do things.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Irony is completely lost on you isn't it Unkel?

You say "I do not post crap" and then go on to do exactly that.... exactly how is all the garbage you've posted above relevant to this topic may i ask?

No Comment :rolleyes:

'Supra_Natural',

It look like you too had joined the bandwagon.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Supra_Natural',

It look like you too had joined the bandwagon.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Answer the question Old timer, how exactly was all that nonsense about Gin Ganga's, construction of conference halls, rural roads, 1970's Japanese expos, how you "handled japanese equipment" through the 1980 and your "Chinese Wan" relevant in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to this topic?

'Pericles',

What I said was my Chinese van gave trouble due to radiator block I poured well water instead of coolant.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Don't be daft. I didn't say you were hiding it when I said back yard. I don't care if your yard is in the front, back, side, on top or at the bottom, I said other people don't have private vehicle yards to fix junk for them when things go wrong.

Don't be daft. I didn't say you were hiding it when I said back yard. I don't care if your yard is in the front, back, side, on top or at the bottom, I said other people don't have private vehicle yards to fix junk for them when things go wrong.

'Pericles',

You may be deft. I am not a junk yard dealer most Japanese vehicles are from junk yards which are discarded. Japanese vehicle owners sell them in auctions to get rid of them.

I said a fact if you think myself is not in sound mind y do you reply my posts with your deft mind.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Answer the question Old timer, how exactly was all that nonsense about Gin Ganga's, construction of conference halls, rural roads, 1970's Japanese expos, how you "handled japanese equipment" through the 1980 and your "Chinese Wan" relevant in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER to this topic?

'Supra_Natural',

Yes I am a old timer. You too will become a old timer one day.

I wrote the fact.For no reason some members of the forum discourage Chinese and Indian vehicles.

My reply was not to you you became the mouth piece for some other member on the forum.It is pity.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Supra_Natural', Yes I am a old timer. You too will become a old timer one day. I wrote the fact.For no reason some members of the forum discourage Chinese and Indian vehicles. My reply was not to you you became the mouth piece for some other member on the forum.It is pity. Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Your reply was to the forum in general, therefore any member of the forum can post a response to it. You've been around long enough to know how it works Unkel.

Your reply was to the forum in general, therefore any member of the forum can post a response to it. You've been around long enough to know how it works Unkel.

'Supra_Natural',

Yes as you wish, please understand to address in gentlemanly way.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Crosswind',

Please note I do not post crap,

My Chinese wan gave me trouble due to my fault not because of any of their technology failure.

I am capable of attending to any automobile or industrial machinery. Any mechanical failure to put in order.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I just LOVE this... he says the van broke cos of HIS fault, then in the VERY NEXT LINE says he is capable of attending to any automobile.

'Pericles',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Btw in the many cars we've had at home we have not ONCE used coolant. its always run on tap water. Tap water, well water, river water.. as long as its clean (nothing to clog the radiator) fresh water it shouldnt be something that F*&ks up the engine... So stop blaming the "well water" on your bad (non-existent) mechanical skills and piece of crap Chinese van..

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1