• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bureau Veritas Certification

Straga

Guys, we have been looking at a white suzuki swift at a car sale. The car sale does not have the auction sheet, he however does have this 'Bureau Veritas Certificate'. According to this certificate the car has done 16,000 odd KM which was what made me a bit suspicious. What i want to know is is this sort of certificate as reliable as the JAAI? He did not have the auction sheet, however he said it is a 4.5 grade car..

Also once we buy the car is it possible to get the whole tv screen setup installed into it..? I did ask S** L**** and they said they did not have the body panel, so im wondering if anyone else can do it..?

Question 1: Dont rely on these certification blindly to judge a car. The good old fashion body / interior condition inspection and a test drive would be a good enough yard stick to judge most jap cars. If possible get also a technical inspection done. You are more prone to end up with a slam dunk lemon with over reliance on certification that can easily be forged

Question 2: Pet#o should be able to get it down for you. if not try ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DFP-33-02-Suzuki-Swift-Black-Double-Din-Fascia-Facia-Adaptor-Panel-Surround-CD-/180749962507?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a15898d0b

Question 1: Dont rely on these certification blindly to judge a car. The good old fashion body / interior condition inspection and a test drive would be a good enough yard stick to judge most jap cars. If possible get also a technical inspection done. You are more prone to end up with a slam dunk lemon with over reliance on certification that can easily be forged

Question 2: Pet#o should be able to get it down for you. if not try ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2a15898d0b

Thanks for the reply man. The condition of the car is super, just dont want to end up with a accident car, heard so many horror stories. About the technical inspection, if you do know a reliable place let me know :)

I didn't know BV certifies individual second hand cars, I thought they did product lines and big corporate stuff. It sounds fishy to me, but it could be genuine I suppose, but even if it is genuine, I don't think relying on it is a good way to buy cars. Don't trust the mileage? Check for wear and tear. But in response to your latest post, I think its unlikely anyone at autolanka can tell you whether the car you want to buy is accident damaged, why don't you take a mechanic with you? Not your friend who gets arrested with empty cigarette packets, I mean a proper mechanic.

Guys, we have been looking at a white suzuki swift at a car sale. The car sale does not have the auction sheet, he however does have this 'Bureau Veritas Certificate'. According to this certificate the car has done 16,000 odd KM which was what made me a bit suspicious. What i want to know is is this sort of certificate as reliable as the JAAI? He did not have the auction sheet, however he said it is a 4.5 grade car..

Also once we buy the car is it possible to get the whole tv screen setup installed into it..? I did ask S** L**** and they said they did not have the body panel, so im wondering if anyone else can do it..?

http://www.bureauveritas.com/wps/wcm/connect/bv_com/Group/Home/Your-Industry/Automotive

JAAI is just for the japanese vehicle inspection and Bureau Veritas is an International organization, both are valid internationally ( but don't keep up the trust on a single sheet of paper - If it's suspicious, closely inspect the car and do a test drive! <_<

Yes BV does issue certifcates for private vehicles. I am not always sure if the mileage certified in the BV certificate is always accurate because BV has no way of verifying that if other collaborating documents are not provided with it. I mean motor traders utilise multiple sources to verify mileage but none of them are completely accurate and some of them are not automated. For example one of the best ways of verifying the mileage of a vehicle which is still under warranty is to contact the dealership and ask for what they have in the system. This is not always possible and I am not sure if BV does it either.

I can advise you a bit more if the origin of the vehicle is the UK but I suspect this car is sourced from Japan. In the UK you have three sources to verify mileage, the DVLA MOT recorded mileage (for vehicles over 3 years old), Experian mileage checker (I don't know their source of information) and the dealership who will respond to queries about mileage of vehicles as long as it was sold officially by an official dealer in the country and not a grey import.

So all you can go on is condition like others have advised.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, it seems like we will have to get a mechanic and check out the car just to be sure.. The condition seems super, but better be safe than sorry :)

DONT RELY ON PAPERS OR EXCELLENCE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR.DONT HURRY AT ALL TOO.PLEACE CHECK THE CHASIS BY LIFTING THE VEHICLE. REFER FOLLOWING DISCUSSION AND GET SOME IDEAS...

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?/topic/13274-reputed-car-sales-in-sri-lanka/page__hl__%2Breputed+%2Bcar__fromsearch__1

DONT RELY ON PAPERS OR EXCELLENCE INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR.DONT HURRY AT ALL TOO.PLEACE CHECK THE CHASIS BY LIFTING THE VEHICLE. REFER FOLLOWING DISCUSSION AND GET SOME IDEAS...

http://www.autolanka...__fromsearch__1

So if the chassis is in good order, it means that all electronic and mechanical functions related to the engine, gearbox etc are in good condition?

You see, buying a used car is a risk by it self. It is important to keep this in mind. If you are too paranoid go get a brand new.

• 3 weeks later...

JAAI is more recongnized and thorough testing of all the parts. They are strict on accident vehicles, radiation and the conditions. There are some vehicles get JAAI rejected. Then most of them try to go with BV certificate. I know lot of sales having this certificate. they don't check thoroughly as JAAI people do. Once of my friend said BV only take 10 min to check one vechile but JAAI it take 1hr.

• 8 years later...
5 hours ago, Shan1234567 said:

I got the same problem.. did you get into bad conditions after buying??

@Shan1234567 get an independent party like the Agent or CarChecks or similar to inspect the vehicle prior to purchase.

A test drive in the hands of someone who knows his cars will also bring to light any issues that may not come up in a stationary inspection