• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Year Tyre - Indonesia

ThilakR

Question

Hi Friends,

I need to change tyres of my car. (185 70 14) and was looking for an affordable and good tyres

Found Good Year tyre made in Indonesia for Rs.10,600.00

How is this tyre and the price?

Your advice is greatly appreciate.

Many thanks :)

Edited by ThilakR

guys sorry for the ignorance but is Maxxis more expensive than good brands like dunlop or GT?? i came across dunlops for 9500!

Mate these prices are for irregular thred tyres. you canot get dunlop/ bridgestone irregular threaded tyre around 12000. Actualy dunlop normal thread(made in china) costs 11600 at amila, dehiwala(these prices are for 195/55 - 15). Gt is also a mid range brand like maxxis and for me its worse than maxxis! :)

Its Ma-z1, but victra part is not there. Its 12800 at amila - dehiwala and 12000 at local maxxis agent in my area. Reason for the difference was that agent can give the best discount possible, so if you are looking for it better to go to local maxxis agent at your area.(agent list is there at maxxislk)

is this is the tyre?

KShYe.jpg

i check maxxis tyres at one of our local agent but they don't have any maxxis stock with them tomorrow i will try a another place thanks mate.

machan, Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is this discount, Do they give this discount to everyone who buys a tyre, if so why do they put up a price without the discount in the first place ? :)

FYI. I haven't bought any tyre yet.

Yeah they'd give it to everyone I suppose. They were probably trying to get done with their stock so were offering the remaining widgets at less than the usual mark up...

A 24% discount is not a great deal in the tyre trade.. usually retail tyre shop guys can stretch the discount up to 30% for most brands. So would be good if you do shop around.

I didn't know that. I usually get offered 15%-20% off (or a buy three get one free deal) but those offers are usually to be had on the lesser known name brands...

I dont know about you but one thing I do is i always goto the samw tyre/battery shop in our area. And they give a pretty good discount... something my dad and I have been doing is placing the order in advance with a full payment. That way the shop has the capital to work with and hence tend to maybe give an even better discount. Its quite elpful especially if you're getting uncommon tyre sizes that shops dont normally stock up on... in our case 235/60/16 ...

Quite an interesting setup. I've never bothered cultivating an understanding like that, but it makes sense to do so. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Kavvz

@Kavvz i'm all so in a hunt for goodyear eagle GT's but couldn't find them in kandy. btw here look at this review http://www.discountt...Detail&pc=30252

Yeah see? People seem to either love it or hate it. Lots of complaints about excessive noise at speed and bad wet weather performance (overall). Not sure about wet but the traction in the dry should be good, as its got a relatively softer compound (no mention of silica being used though); however the design on one side with the wide spaces between the tread lugs do kinda support the allegation of noise I fear. Anyways there's other tires available that have similar specs minus the bad reviews- no point chasing a discount only to regret the purchase later. I'm going to play it safe and pass on the Eagle GT's I think.

Edited by Kavvz

Mate these prices are for irregular thred tyres. you canot get dunlop/ bridgestone irregular threaded tyre around 12000. Actualy dunlop normal thread(made in china) costs 11600 at amila, dehiwala(these prices are for 195/55 - 15). Gt is also a mid range brand like maxxis and for me its worse than maxxis! :)

Irregular threaded tyres for added safety or solely for the look ? :D

guys sorry for the ignorance but is Maxxis more expensive than good brands like dunlop or GT?? i came across dunlops for 9500!

No, Maxxis is in the mid range, lower than Dunlop, Goodyear, Yokohama etc.. But bit more expensive than the other cheaper ones like Kenda CEAT etc...

is this is the tyre?

KShYe.jpg

That thread pattern looks almost identical to the Goodyear Eagle F1 tyre . The V design will take out the water much faster, so should be quite good in the rain. But one downside is its a directional design/tyre so you will be slightly restricted when you swap tyres after sometime..

is this is the tyre?

KShYe.jpg

i check maxxis tyres at one of our local agent but they don't have any maxxis stock with them tomorrow i will try a another place thanks mate.

Actually i couldnt inspect the whole thred pattern as it was covered :( . But looks similar to this. What i learnt from the maxxis agent was that,its a slow moving tyre as demand is pritty bad. Now im bit worried wheather that im ending up with set of old tyres. I got another deal for dunlop (made in china,normal thread) for little less price. Whats your opinion on it mate!

Actually i couldnt inspect the whole thred pattern as it was covered :( . But looks similar to this. What i learnt from the maxxis agent was that,its a slow moving tyre as demand is pritty bad. Now im bit worried wheather that im ending up with set of old tyres. I got another deal for dunlop (made in china,normal thread) for little less price. Whats your opinion on it mate!

You can check the manufacturing date of the tyres you are purchasing :)

sorry i don't have experience with chinese made dunlop tyers but on our old van we have a set of japanese made dunlop's we ran with them for 2 years until we sold that van. didn't have any problem with it's tyres they are very good tyers.

You can check the manufacturing date of the tyres you are purchasing :)

pardon my ignorance how can we check them?.

Edited by nexus

pardon my ignorance how can we check them?.

It's written on the tyre sidewall in a 4 digit number machan, first 2 digits- the week of the year, the next 2 digits represent the year.

• Like 2

It's written on the tyre sidewall in a 4 digit number machan, first 2 digits- the week of the year, the next 2 digits represent the year.

thanks. :)

Any one have changed or check the Tyre prices resonantly ?

what will be the cost of 165/70 R13 ?

now I have 175/70 R13 with alloy wheel. what is the minimum size (175 / 165 / 155 ? ) i can use with this ?

My spare wheel is 155/80 R13 with the rim. that's the original Tyre size and feel very easy to turn when that fix to the front.

can i use the same size Tyre with the alloy wheel ?

Any one have changed or check the Tyre prices resonantly ?

what will be the cost of 165/70 R13 ?

GT Radial was Rs7100, with 30% Discount from a local tyre shop :)

GT Radial was Rs7100, with 30% Discount from a local tyre shop :)

Where is this perticular shop? when i checked they said for 165/70 R13 was Rs 8800 with discount.

Where is this perticular shop? when i checked they said for 165/70 R13 was Rs 8800 with discount.

What was the percentage of the discount machan, The place I mentioned is Thusal Wheel Alignment, Gampaha

and that's with a 30% Discount, the original price was 10K something

What was the percentage of the discount machan, The place I mentioned is Thusal Wheel Alignment, Gampaha

and that's with a 30% Discount, the original price was 10K something

Machang the place i checked is in Biyagama... but for 7100 its worth...

but i am interested in Maxxis Irregular thread tyre... size 13 is available?

Most dealers will give you a discount around the 35-36% mark. Check for that and haggle if you don't get it. I think the mark up on the tyres by the distributor is 40%. If you buy Roadstones say from Tyre House they will directly give you the 40% discount themselves.

Machang the place i checked is in Biyagama... but for 7100 its worth...

but i am interested in Maxxis Irregular thread tyre... size 13 is available?

I think its available in size 15 and above!. check with your local maxxis agent.

Guys ,

I checked a tryes @ a place in mount . all maybe aware of the place . just front of the lion pub seling used tyres . but looks new (called cutta kapapu tyres) . any one have used shuch ? howd the qulity and usage ?

can get 175 /70 R13 for 3000/= max .

who have used ? and any experiance ?

Edited by mensoft

Guys ,

I checked a tryes @ a place in mount . all maybe aware of the place . just front of the lion pub seling used tyres . but looks new (called cutta kapapu tyres) . any one have used shuch ? howd the qulity and usage ?

can get 175 /70 R13 for 3000/= max .

who have used ? and any experiance ?

don't use, used tyres.