• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Year Tyre - Indonesia

ThilakR

Question

Hi Friends,

I need to change tyres of my car. (185 70 14) and was looking for an affordable and good tyres

Found Good Year tyre made in Indonesia for Rs.10,600.00

How is this tyre and the price?

Your advice is greatly appreciate.

Many thanks :)

Edited by ThilakR

Anyone using Good year - Indonesia? :sleeping-smiley-008: :sleeping-smiley-008:

Yes, I was using the Good year Eagle F1 ( Indonesian) , its a very good tyre and I love the V thread on it. Unfortunately A*W did not have the 225/45R17 in stock so had to change to Dunlop SP Sport Maxx.

The Goodyear was better, and I think the price of Rs 10,600/= seems a good price. But if you don't want high performance I would say Maxxis has a pretty good deal, and value for money.

Yes, I was using the Good year Eagle F1 ( Indonesian) , its a very good tyre and I love the V thread on it. Unfortunately A*W did not have the 225/45R17 in stock so had to change to Dunlop SP Sport Maxx.

The Goodyear was better, and I think the price of Rs 10,600/= seems a good price. But if you don't want high performance I would say Maxxis has a pretty good deal, and value for money.

Hi Thanks CARBON B4. My old tyres are Dunlop. BTW how much is MAXXIS? Is it Taiwan or Chinese?

Do you have any idea?

Regards

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Hi Thanks CARBON B4. My old tyres are Dunlop. BTW how much is MAXXIS? Is it Taiwan or Chinese?

Do you have any idea?

Regards

Thilak

Not 100% sure where its made but I got a set of H/T 235/70R16 Maxxis at a very good price. It was from a dealer in Wadduwa who gave me a very big discount compared to the Colombo dealers. You can check the site and see if your tyre is available.

http://www.maxxistires.lk/

Not 100% sure where its made but I got a set of H/T 235/70R16 Maxxis at a very good price. It was from a dealer in Wadduwa who gave me a very big discount compared to the Colombo dealers. You can check the site and see if your tyre is available. http://www.maxxistires.lk/

Thanks machan. Maxxis looks good too :D

Edited by ThilakR

Universal tyres in front of Qquinas Borella has good collection of brands.

Also the the in Kirullopona (Can't remember the name) it was in Yello pages, gave the cheapest prices among all tyre dealers.

Jethawana road has lot of of shops also with original japaneese tyres.

I am using Goodyear 165/80/ R14 now have done around 30,000km i think i can take 45,000 or 50,000km also i have used Dunlop indunesian tires that also very good. not remember prices. also have used GT. GT bit hardy and bumpy than Goodyear and Dunlpu

Hey folks- Am reviving an old thread since I need a second opinion on new tyres:

I'm getting a deal on Good Year Eagle GT's (24% off) and am considering them as they have a decent speed rating (V) and above average grip ratings (AA) for the price. The do have a softer compound than the ones I usually use (440 vs 600) but considering that they offer better grip and considering that UTGQ ratings are a bit controversial I'm quite receptive to purchasing them.

My concern is with the rather unfavourable online reviews this product has been getting. It doesn't make sense, as all the specifications of this tyre [speed rating (V), grip rating (AA), longevity / UTGQ rating (440)] are within the norm or are above: I'd expect users to rate this tyre high. However that's not the case. The online user reviews show that this tyre compares unfavourably against tyres with lesser specifications.

Essentially people rate it all over the place. Some say they love it, some say its crap. Some say its great in the wet, others say it handles horribly in the rain.

What the deal? Do any of there members here have any real world experience with this tyre? If so could you fill me in on your experience?

*Please note these aren't GoodYear Eagle F1's as referenced in some of the replies above but are GoodYear Eagle GT's

Edited by Kavvz

I dont know about you but one thing I do is i always goto the samw tyre/battery shop in our area. And they give a pretty good discount... something my dad and I have been doing is placing the order in advance with a full payment. That way the shop has the capital to work with and hence tend to maybe give an even better discount. Its quite elpful especially if you're getting uncommon tyre sizes that shops dont normally stock up on... in our case 235/60/16 ...

Edited by Watchman

Replaced my tyres recently - 185/70/14 Dunlop Japanise @ S.K.M for 10600 per tyre. They had very limited number of Jap tyres i think at the time i went, there were only 12 tyres left from their stock.

Hey folks- Am reviving an old thread since I need a second opinion on new tyres:

I'm getting a deal on Good Year Eagle GT's (24% off) and am considering them as they have a decent speed rating (V) and above average grip ratings (AA) for the price. The do have a softer compound than the ones I usually use (440 vs 600) but considering that they offer better grip and considering that UTGQ ratings are a bit controversial I'm quite receptive to purchasing them.

My concern is with the rather unfavourable online reviews this product has been getting. It doesn't make sense, as all the specifications of this tyre [speed rating (V), grip rating (AA), longevity / UTGQ rating (440)] are within the norm or are above: I'd expect users to rate this tyre high. However that's not the case. The online user reviews show that this tyre compares unfavourably against tyres with lesser specifications.

Essentially people rate it all over the place. Some say they love it, some say its crap. Some say its great in the wet, others say it handles horribly in the rain.

What the deal? Do any of there members here have any real world experience with this tyre? If so could you fill me in on your experience?

*Please note these aren't GoodYear Eagle F1's as referenced in some of the replies above but are GoodYear Eagle GT's

A 24% discount is not a great deal in the tyre trade.. usually retail tyre shop guys can stretch the discount up to 30% for most brands. So would be good if you do shop around.

Secondly the reviews can vary since Good year is made in Germany as well as Thailand but I am not sure if there is a plant in Indonesia. I have had a pair of Goodyear made in Germany and a set made in Thailand and the thread wear in the Thailand set was very poor, while the German one lasted much longer. I am not sure why this is the case since most rubber originates from Thailand, but maybe the rubber compound used is different from plant to plant. So just check the country , its written on the side of the tyre very clearly. Also I had many occasions where there were punctures, could be due to the softer compound, which can be very frustrating... Currently using Dunlop Sport Maxx.. almost one year of using no puncture yet...

A 24% discount is not a great deal in the tyre trade.. usually retail tyre shop guys can stretch the discount up to 30% for most brands. So would be good if you do shop around.

Secondly the reviews can vary since Good year is made in Germany as well as Thailand but I am not sure if there is a plant in Indonesia. I have had a pair of Goodyear made in Germany and a set made in Thailand and the thread wear in the Thailand set was very poor, while the German one lasted much longer. I am not sure why this is the case since most rubber originates from Thailand, but maybe the rubber compound used is different from plant to plant. So just check the country , its written on the side of the tyre very clearly. Also I had many occasions where there were punctures, could be due to the softer compound, which can be very frustrating... Currently using Dunlop Sport Maxx.. almost one year of using no puncture yet...

machan, Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is this discount, Do they give this discount to everyone who buys a tyre, if so why do they put up a price without the discount in the first place ? :)

FYI. I haven't bought any tyre yet.

sorry for going OT guys but any one have experience with GT Radial champiro HPX? and goodyear eagle F1? and what are the other good tyres i can found in 195 55/60 15 tyre size.

@Kavvz i'm all so in a hunt for goodyear eagle GT's but couldn't find them in kandy. btw here look at this review http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/readReviewsTire.do?ra=tires%2Fgoodyear%2Fsize%2FviewProductDetail&pc=30252

machan, Sorry for my ignorance, but what exactly is this discount, Do they give this discount to everyone who buys a tyre, if so why do they put up a price without the discount in the first place ? :)

FYI. I haven't bought any tyre yet.

Machang.... basically every tyre agent has a retail price list. This price list is common to all tyre shops selling their tyres. The way this price list is structured is in a way to give the retail shop a margin of approximately 35% ( Price diff between retail price Vs wholesale price) . But each tyre shop will decide how much they want to keep as margin, so if you go to any tyre shop the buggers will pull out the price list and calculate something on a calculator and give you a price. The same thing when you go to buy Dulux paint from a hardware shop.

sorry for going OT guys but any one have experience with GT Radial champiro HPX? and goodyear eagle F1? and what are the other good tyres i can found in 195 55/60 15 tyre size.

What I mentioned above was actually on the Goodyear Eagle F1. But check out the Maxxis site, I think they stock this size. I would actually rank Maxxis in par with the big brands and much better than the GT..

• Like 2

@Kavvz i'm all so in a hunt for goodyear eagle GT's but couldn't find them in kandy. btw here look at this review http://www.discountt...Detail&pc=30252

Mate, im too planing to buy 195/55 15 within next week and got a deal from local maxxis agent for 12000 per tyre. i cant exactly remember the name but its a nice tyre with irregular thread design.(its not shown in the local maxxis site but available in maxxis.com in high performance radial category). I used both maxxis and gt before and maxxis is much better!
  • Like 1

What I mentioned above was actually on the Goodyear Eagle F1. But check out the Maxxis site, I think they stock this size. I would actually rank Maxxis in par with the big brands and much better than the GT..

Mate, im too planing to buy 195/55 15 within next week and got a deal from local maxxis agent for 12000 per tyre. i cant exactly remember the name but its a nice tyre with irregular thread design.(its not shown in the local maxxis site but available in maxxis.com in high performance radial category). I used both maxxis and gt before and maxxis is much better!

thanks for you'r help guys i'll look into it. :) @H.C is the tyre name is maxxis MA Z1 victra?

Edited by nexus

thanks for you'r help guys i'll look into it. :) @H.C is the tyre name is maxxis MA Z1 victra?

actually i couldnt get the name from the agent machan! :action-smiley-060:. But thread patern is compatible with it.(not 100% sure though).Hopefully I can update the exact name tomorrow by going there again.

Machang.... basically every tyre agent has a retail price list. This price list is common to all tyre shops selling their tyres. The way this price list is structured is in a way to give the retail shop a margin of approximately 35% ( Price diff between retail price Vs wholesale price) . But each tyre shop will decide how much they want to keep as margin, so if you go to any tyre shop the buggers will pull out the price list and calculate something on a calculator and give you a price. The same thing when you go to buy Dulux paint from a hardware shop.

Dang! Now only I remembered the Dulux scene, Thanks mate :)

Its Ma-z1, but victra part is not there. Its 12800 at amila - dehiwala and 12000 at local maxxis agent in my area. Reason for the difference was that agent can give the best discount possible, so if you are looking for it better to go to local maxxis agent at your area.(agent list is there at maxxislk)
  • Like 1