• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Duty Going To Increase This Friday ?

sampath_fer

Dear friends,

I have reserved a Viva elite from Unimoto for 16,90,000/= in Feb 2012. Now the tax increased to 200% from 129%. Any body have idea about the would be cost of my car?

Thanks in advance.

Usually small hatchback car price is around USD 5000/= CIF Colombo.

Tax increased by 80%. (120% - 200%)

I guess price of a Viva Elite car will be increased by Rs.350,000/= - Rs.400,000/=.

This is a rough calculation mate. Let’s see….

Hold on. What is this nonsense about spare parts? Does this new tax method only applies to body parts? It better be, because if i translate it correctly, it says the reason for jacking up the spare part duty is to "discourage" their importation. That's slam dunk stupid if the theory applies to mechanical and electrical parts!!

• Like 5

So can someone please tell me whats going to happen to the second hand car market? Im in the market for a Toyota Corolla 121. Just need to know if i should jump out of the house and buy one tomorrow before the price shoots through the roof or will this whole thing not affect the second hand car range. Can someone please put me out of my misery.

Cheers

So can someone please tell me whats going to happen to the second hand car market? Im in the market for a Toyota Corolla 121. Just need to know if i should jump out of the house and buy one tomorrow before the price shoots through the roof or will this whole thing not affect the second hand car range. Can someone please put me out of my misery.

Cheers

Yes if previous market trends are anything to go by prices for popular cars like the 121 should go up.the question is by how much.So yes it is advisable to buy now.But don't rush in to anything,look around and buy a good one even if it costs a bit more.

Yes if previous market trends are anything to go by prices for popular cars like the 121 should go up.the question is by how much.So yes it is advisable to buy now.But don't rush in to anything,look around and buy a good one even if it costs a bit more.

life and death?dumbass :speechless-smiley-004:

the way some of you upset one would think its a life and death situation.

What say you, Aroshana? Sorry, is it Aroshana or Dumbass? I am confused. YOu signed off as Dumbass before.

• Like 1

Hi all ,

my order place last january, so what will be happen to the final cost based on LC to import vehicles before 31 March 2012 ?

tks

Basically, you have to pay the taxes prevalent at the time. It does not matter, if the your vehicle lands next week, you will have to pay the new rates.

• Like 2