• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Flushing

Hof

Question

I bought a recondition Japanese vehicle and trying to do the first service.

I was told by two leading service stations, that an engine flushout is needed for the first service. However two mechanical engineers told that there is no necessity for it, and it is only a means of fleecing customers by service stations.

Could anybody offer an advice please?

You first stop shitting out of your mouth before advising others to Stop talking out of their arse. Can't wait till your other dear forum friends come to your rescue by abusing whoever dares speak against a set of AL forum members!!!!! That has been the trend hasn't it. Maybe your mama has had enough of you and you have to be baby sat by your group in this forum. Your shitty attitude has to come to a grinding halt right now or we will flood this forum with thousands of bogus sign-ins and using utter filth forcing all you so called moderators to be sitting in front of your computers 24/7!

C'mon admin or Madz or whatever they call you.....time to wake up from your slumber!! You should know who the bullies are by now. A word of advise to them through PM is not a bad idea. Either that or you risk a lot of unwanted headaches where every topic is going to be dominated by these bullies and where every topic is going to contain filth by those who are abused by these bullies.

ha bha h ha ha ha ha.. i was laughing my ass off.. seriously.. this is ur threat.. my god.. oh everyone is so scared.... have u ever had a fist fight my friend.... this is not a threat.. putting a chain from the outside of a gate and welding it in the wee hours of the morning locking the people in their own house for hours till someone comes and breaks the gates down is a threat.....

Fellas ,

You can simply learn how to respect other members by looking at senior members replies such as Master Don, Harshasenadhir, etc . Those are real experts. Also check their vocabulary and compare yours. :sad-smiley-066:

dude, if you're trolling atleast ty to entertain me. This is just boring.

Fellas ,

You can simply learn how to respect other members by looking at senior members replies such as Master Don, Harshasenadhir, etc . Those are real experts. Also check their vocabulary and compare yours. :sad-smiley-066:

guys.. guys.. u should listen to this wise old owl... use less harsh words towards people making idiotic comments.. like "samaaaaanalaya" or "patiya dont be naughty"...

and yes sir.. i will use these words... when i decide to be gay....

Edited by charitha19

Ok, here comes UN Forces to rescue their lovely friend. :sport-smiley-027:

This is really interesting. I love this topic! ^_^

Ahhh the drama Sheeeesh

So do tell us, how have you contributed to this forum ?

The topic is Engine Flushing............

The ideas is ok and to use a commercially available reputed product. However if the engine has too much deposits or sludge, this can be a problem as the sludge ill dislodge make a mess.

By the way surprised to see the method suggested by Sylvi. Though I know US guys do use ATF to flush engines. Further share your experience, as I sense that you have done some work around this. And you may have experience with some commercially available products. Please share your view.

And also share about any issue pertaining if some one use it too many times. I have a friend whom use a mild engine flush every 10K.

The topic is Engine Flushing............

The ideas is ok and to use a commercially available reputed product. However if the engine has too much deposits or sludge, this can be a problem as the sludge ill dislodge make a mess.

By the way surprised to see the method suggested by Sylvi. Though I know US guys do use ATF to flush engines. Further share your experience, as I sense that you have done some work around this. And you may have experience with some commercially available products. Please share your view.

And also share about any issue pertaining if some one use it too many times. I have a friend whom use a mild engine flush every 10K.

i know a few places that employs a simller method to sylivi's.. its old school.. but effective i believe.. but its for engines with heavy build up.. usually if you do ur changes right with the right oil.. the build up is minimal.. and u dont have to do an extensive flush..

Ok, here is what happens when you flush the engine in a modern car. I friend of mine had a Cefiro V6. He took it to PitStop for a service. The staff there sweet talked him to pour in that BG Engine flush crap in the crank case. 2 days later, car over heated. Thought it was the coolant. Checked it, all was fine, checked the fans, all was fine. One day about 7 days after wards, the car ground to a halt with the engine temp red lined.

Towed the car to a garage. opened up the sump. All the 'sludge' that was minding their own business in the small crevices was dislodged buy the chemical, drained to the bottom, got sucked in to the pump, got redistributed and plugged several oil lines. I don't need to explain the rest.

Cost of repair? Well... considering the cost of parts for the rings, and the labour He replaced the engine and sold the car. Cost about 150 all up for that as well.

But ladies, by all means Please go ahead, and FLUSH THE ENGINES... ;) Keep them engines clean and smelling fresh.

Ok, here is what happens when you flush the engine in a modern car. I friend of mine had a Cefiro V6. He took it to PitStop for a service. The staff there sweet talked him to pour in that BG Engine flush crap in the crank case. 2 days later, car over heated. Thought it was the coolant. Checked it, all was fine, checked the fans, all was fine. One day about 7 days after wards, the car ground to a halt with the engine temp red lined.

Towed the car to a garage. opened up the sump. All the 'sludge' that was minding their own business in the small crevices was dislodged buy the chemical, drained to the bottom, got sucked in to the pump, got redistributed and plugged several oil lines. I don't need to explain the rest.

Cost of repair? Well... considering the cost of parts for the rings, and the labour He replaced the engine and sold the car. Cost about 150 all up for that as well.

But ladies, by all means Please go ahead, and FLUSH THE ENGINES... ;) Keep them engines clean and smelling fresh.

The problem here has been the inexperience of the staff. The product itself say, if heavily sludge, do not use. So unfortunate your friend and got mugged by the sweet talk. If the engine has evident sludge and bad oil change history, this type of flush is very bad.

Probably the Sylvi method would have done good, where he removes the sump and crank case after every flush and clean them.......

Thank you for sharing this experience as it would benefit many and probably will stop few more getting into trouble. However, I know many guys use the same product every now and then on their well maintained engines as a preventive measure to remove slight sludge or what ever deposits. And it works, again always with precaution.............

a

and especially if u overuse chemicals it takes away the natural lubrication of the engine that was kept up by the years of oil changes... now they will be bone dry.. and it will take a while for the engine to have the natural feel again..

Fellas ,

You might be mixing up The Don and MasterDon. Just sayin'.

Asking someone to follow MasterDon's example on how to be well behaved on a forum .... I might need heart attack medication...

• Like 2

Asking someone to follow MasterDon's example on how to be well behaved on a forum .... I might need heart attack medication...

Gee thanks.I'll try not to take that personally...but even so,there must be atleast some worthwhile posts of mine here and there.

Gee thanks.I'll try not to take that personally...but even so,there must be atleast some worthwhile posts of mine here and there.

Oh you make worthwhile posts. But you can be pretty abrasive too. Content has nothing to do with behaviour :)

Oh you make worthwhile posts. But you can be pretty abrasive too. Content has nothing to do with behaviour :)

Hey I thought I was abrasive!!! YOu can't call him abrasive too!!! And why did you remove that nice pic I had? :)

'charitha19,

I posted the method what I have done for years without any adverse effects to engines.

Some members will agree to my method some will not.

It left to them to do it or not. I wrote my experience of doing this for decades.

Sylvi Wijesinhhe.

Yes, you are correct. My mistake. Even I would like to add Miniace to the expert list.

Dear All

Iam really happy among the valuble members there are Gentlemans and as a lack of automobile knowledge what i expressed my ideas and seems totally misguide others so sorry about it and thanks to upgrade me and Mr.Sylvi thanks again for your correct technical explanation and always happy see you here.

VVTi is right.. there was another incident I know of where Pi* Stop messed up by trying to do a engine flush, this was on a Suzuki Vitara, cost the owner something like Rs 200k to get it sorted out, same thing like what happened to the Cefero as described.

Edited by Pericles