• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight Views

Mikee

Stafford doesn't have 0w-20

below is the exact reply from them

Dear Sir,

Sorry ,We don't have 0W-20 engine oil, it suit for low temperature countries.We are only recommend 0W -30 engine oil for Honda Insight.

Rs.2600.00 per liter.(0W-30 Motul brand)

Yes, You can buy it over the counter.

If you have any quarries in this regard please feel free to contact me.

B'rgds,

Dear me this is the standard of English in a reputable company ? :sad-smiley-067:

yes the second service costed me Rs.17k at stafford.They use 0w-30 Mobul(2600 a litre) this time.first service they used mobil ow-40. Car is really good.it gives avg 16-18 on normal traffic & 23-25 on the high way.superb car as far as I feel.

yes the second service costed me Rs.17k at stafford.They use 0w-30 Mobul(2600 a litre) this time.first service they used mobil ow-40. Car is really good.it gives avg 16-18 on normal traffic & 23-25 on the high way.superb car as far as I feel.

Wow, people will pay anything if an agent says it's good. I really don't get the logic behind spending 2600 on a liter of oil.

Wow, people will pay anything if an agent says it's good. I really don't get the logic behind spending 2600 on a liter of oil.

Dude synthetic oils, especially 0w tend to get pretty expensive here. A can of Mobil 0w-40 is hovering around the 8000 rupee region. The oil stafford uses comes in 1 litre cans. so that and the fact that the oil is thinner put together I think the price is just about right. then you need to replace oil and air filters. that comes to about 5000 bucks. So 17k is a pretty decent sum for a service at the agents.

17K??? Crazy prices. Assuming the hybrid system or whatever doesn't need any service as such you probably could've done the service somewhere else for around 10k or under. Then you have an extra 7k to spend on fuel.

Dude synthetic oils, especially 0w tend to get pretty expensive here. A can of Mobil 0w-40 is hovering around the 8000 rupee region. The oil stafford uses comes in 1 litre cans. so that and the fact that the oil is thinner put together I think the price is just about right. then you need to replace oil and air filters. that comes to about 5000 bucks. So 17k is a pretty decent sum for a service at the agents.

Well I guess using 1l cans explains the price. Air filters aren't included in the service price right?

Honestly speaking though, I would just buy mobil synthetic in 4l cans along with a good aftermarket filter and have it done at a decent garage. It's not like it matters if the car is a hybrid or not.

When you do think of it it's a bit funny how these hybrid boys are worried about gas yet spend 17k on an oil change.

Edited by jdnet

WIth the risk of being frowned upon, may I ask why the Insight needs expensive synthetic oil? Wouln't it work fine with a mineral oil?

It might if the tolerances on a new engine are big enough to work with thicker oils. anyway the basic idea of using such a thin oil is to improve economy. you get some extra performance in the mix too

did you try castrol, i believe they have the oil grade you are looking for

Fuzzo, are you talking about 0w-20 or 0w-30? I'm looking high n low for the 0w-20 cuz the owner's manual says so n I prefer to stick to it. After all, Honda Japan are not idiots to specify one kind of all n expect u to use another?

• 4 months later...

hi,

im about to buy a car, my budget is around 3.4-3.8 m

still can't decide to by a hybrid or a regular car.

as i noticed in the advertisements, i can go for a 2009 used registered insight for 3.7m-3.8m. however 2010 model is above 4.2 m. does anybody know what's the different between these two?

and is that true that the hybrids has bad second hand market. i saw in AL someone saying it needs expensive repairs after 3-4 years.

or is it a good idea to got for a 10 year old toyota (allion, 121 etc)

still i can't decide because i have less knowledge about cars. and this is going to be my first car.

please give me some clue from your opinion. thanks

Thanks so much for the advice. Us poor third world hicks woulda never been able to think of an idea like that unless you suggested it, massa sir.

This kinda thing is what makes you an asshole, just so you know.

So the mods can use that word, eh..?

Yes. Problem? Try talking to someone who cares.

Not a problem at all. Just saw this while going through that thread, one of my post got delete because I used that word before, and Supra said its because I used that word it got deleted. :speechless-smiley-003::sport-smiley-004:

Edited by kushan
  • Like 1

Not a problem at all. Just saw this while going through that thread, one of my post got delete because I used that word before, and Supra said its because I used that word it got deleted. :speechless-smiley-003::sport-smiley-004:

Yes, it was because you used the word that it got deleted. Any more questions?

Yes, it was because you used the word that it got deleted. Any more questions?

youp, So I think its one of the rules that the new mods have brought in, It was not there when Pericles wrote that post.. is it... ??

You can assume whatever you want as long as you are clear that you cannot use it. OK now?

and to you too?