• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Super Ultra Luxury Cars In Sri Lanka

dantoddd

Ok so we see quite a number of mercedes Cs, Es, even a few Ss ,and other comparable cars over here. But I have never seen Cars that fall into the unltra super luxury range, the Rolls & the Bentleys. Why is this the case? it can't possibly be the price tag, i mean sure we may not have dollars billionaires in this country, but the dammika, the captains & Harry must be capable of buying these cars. I'm wondering if there are any government restrictions on importing these really expensive cars.

a rolls will be well more than 100mn in SL... i dont think even the guys mentioned above will spend so much on 1 car.... Harry has over 10 cars which is approx worth 150 or 200 mn... but not one car...

I always though if you are harry rich the word expensive would loose meaning. :)

BTW, I found this while rummaging through the internet

http://blogs.geegain.com/post/28281/mclaren-mp4-12c-in-sri-lanka

apparently those cost 229000 USD. So there might be a rolls hiding somewhere

I always though if you are harry rich the word expensive would loose meaning. :)

BTW, I found this while rummaging through the internet

http://blogs.geegain...2c-in-sri-lanka

apparently those cost 229000 USD. So there might be a rolls hiding somewhere

That car was on transit to Singapore or some other country

Its not about the money. Even If someone or a position as presidency (I strictly saying position means rank in government not the person who is in) can afford it as a state car or a private one what does it get to its owner's name... That is the question??? Spending millions on a car is raising more unwanted questions in a country like SL. Most of local people don't even know what a Royce is or what price tag in it. So there's no prestige or worship from locals to the owner. And other thing is if few urban people gets its value and prestige do they think "Oh..That guy is rich" or "Bloody baster got Royce from Tax money" which one do you think people use on him????? Thing is guys most Royce or any ultra super car owners are multi bullioniers from Music industry or Film industry or co-operate business so people never talk about their money because people know where it comes from. but in SL can Singer or Film Star can earn like that??? So no wonder why Ultra Super Cars isn't available in here.

i mean sure we may not have dollars billionaires in this country, but the dammika, the captains & Harry must be capable of buying these cars.

For thinking men its always the opportunity cost of cash. There is a limit for most where this opportunity cost can be compromised to satisfy automobile desires

I doubt a BMW 840ci is considered in this league

You have no clue what this car means to the BMW community!!

• Like 1

All About the BMW 8 Series 840Ci 1997 Coupe

The BMW 8 series was produced for the years 1989-1999 and one of the more popular cars in the 8 series was the 840Ci coupe. This car had all the high performance and luxury that embodies BMW vehicles. The 840Ci was a two-door rear wheel drive car that had an engine that was a 4.4-liter V8 and the torque was 361.36 lb/ft. The car produced 282 horsepower at 5700 rpm. The 840Ci was a world-class Gran tourer car that was business oriented, and had a no-nonsense interior, and a very powerful engine. There were only around 1300 of the cars produced and only 363 were available in the United States and Canada.

The handling and braking in this car were second to none as it featured an Anti lock Breaking System (ABS) and a power breaks. This allowed for braking ability even when traveling at high speeds. The 840Ci hugged the road as it had a superior traction control system that allowed for maximum traction on the road even through curves and bends. The sleek design of the 840Ci aided in its aerodynamic look and style. The 840Ci had power steering in the coupe, which acted much like a sports car with it high performance abilities.

The 840Ci had BMW's Adaptive Transmission with Steptronic Control system and some of the standard features on the car were a power sunroof, automatic climate control, and central locking. The reason that there was not many produced and the 8 series were pulled by BMW was the fact that the world was going through a recession and gas process started to increase. It was at this time though that the designers at BMW started to concentrate on the luxurious aspect of the inside of the automobile.

The inside of the car was one of the features of the 840Ci coupe as the heated bucket seats were upholstered in leather and a leather trimmed steering wheel that was power tilt and had telescopic steering. Safety was a main feature as well with drive and passenger airbags as well as an anti-theft alarm system, which came standard on the car. The 840Ci was one of the first vehicles that had a two-zone automatic climate control for the driver and passenger and a key less entry system. The 840Ci seated four comfortably with 9.5 feet of cubic feet of trunk space

Edited by Malaka2

I don't think he is talking about what the car means to the BMW community, but where it fits in to the topic at hand. It does not seem to fit in in a discussion about Rolls/Bentley, even if there were only 10 cars ever made.

• Like 3

Ok so we see quite a number of mercedes Cs, Es, even a few Ss ,and other comparable cars over here. But I have never seen Cars that fall into the unltra super luxury range, the Rolls & the Bentleys. Why is this the case? it can't possibly be the price tag, i mean sure we may not have dollars billionaires in this country, but the dammika, the captains & Harry must be capable of buying these cars. I'm wondering if there are any government restrictions on importing these really expensive cars.

Perhaps its because those who can really afford them hardly has the time or the inclination to buy and enjoy those cars. I know of a few $$ millionaires here in SL itself whose stables are as average as any other well paid professional.

Besides, Sri Lanka is a country where you can drive in a Roller and people will still think its a Toyota or a Merc... so what is the point? :)

Here people pull in women in a Sonata saying its a Jag... what for the talking kiwwalu... apey majority goday hathathta mona Bentley da bang?

Haven't you read the newspapers, when the mention, Thieves caught driving Super Luxury car? Most of the time it ends up being a Accent or a Corolla.

Give them an Allion/Axio/Prius/FB15 and that is as far as luxury goes.

• Like 3

I do. just because it's a rare car that's sought after by BMW enthusiasts, it still doesn't make it a "super ultra luxury car". It was definitely a world class grand tourer in its day and is still a sight to see on the streets. Edited by MeanGreenZ28
  • Like 2

20120326805.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this car off the road now? I used to see it in the Kirulapone area. And as for what the car means to the BMW community, I believe thats only true of the V12 variety i.e. 850 Ci and CSi.